Overwatch connects to Mobile Hotspot, but not Router

This is a Follow up post to This Post

TL;DR:
Been getting the Error “Timeout connecting to Blizzard Services” while trying to log into the game ever since the Anniversary update. Tried a multitude of different methods in an attempt to fix but nothing has worked as of yet. No other similar issues with any other games, just Overwatch.

So yeah, it me again

Upon making my previous post, I began trying all sorts of additional steps in an attempt to get my game to work. Unfortunately, though, I was unable to get the game working. It was then when I decided “Hey, why don’t I try connecting my PC to my Hotspot instead?”

Once I connected to my Mobile Hotspot, not only could I instantly log into the game without disconnecting, I was also able to play matches, albeit with awful ping. This has led to the natural conclusion that it has to be my Router causing the connection issues. However, I have no idea how to fix it.

In addition to the various methods I had tried in my post above, I also attempted to change my DNS server, but to no avail.

Does anyone know what could potentially be happening that is preventing my game connecting to the Router? Thank you in advance for any assistance!

1 Like

Please I’m stuck in the same situation and have had no solutions other than hotspot. ISP or NBN couldn’t resolve it either I’m begging if this gets solved someone let me know

4 years later :skull: :skull: :skull:
I mean wow