Overwatch won't log in, only says Connecting

As the title suggests, every time I try to load up Overwatch, it will say Connecting for at least a minute before giving me the error “Timeout communicating with Blizzard Services”.

I’ve not been playing the game long, I think I’m only around level 17. The game was working perfectly up until I downloaded the Anniversary event patch. 3 weeks later and it is still continuing. Sometimes, when I tab out of the game and load back in, the game will be on the main menu screen, but will soon Disconnect.

I have looked up how to resolve this issue and have so far been unable to fix it. Here’s what I have done so far in an attempt to fix the game:

• I have ensured the game is updated
  • I have the correct region and account selected
  • I have scanned and repaired the game
  • I have Uninstalled and Reinstalled the game and the Launcher
  • I have flushed DNS and released/renewed my IP
  • I have checked my security/firewall and ensured Overwatch and the Launcher have not been blocked
  • I have disabled automatic updates
  • I have closed every background application that could hinder performance before launching the game
  • I even went as far as to factory reset my PC and reinstall the applications

So far, none of the above has worked. I use a wireless connection, but have not experienced any similar issues on other online games that I play on this device, or on Overwatch on my PS4.

Any idea what other options I have?

Hello Vecksify,

Sorry to hear about your issue there. Try to complete all the steps mentioned in this article here. From what I can tell, you have actually done most of them already, just continue the troubleshoot with the ones that you haven’t.

If that does not help out, you may need to reset the protocols and TCP/IP settings back to default for Windows.

If you are on Windows 10 try the following:

• Click Start and enter CMD into the search option. Right-click on Command Prompt and select “Run as administrator”
  • Type the following commands then hit Enter after each one:
    netsh winsock reset
    netsh int ip reset
  • Reboot your computer

I hope that this helps you out!

Hi Vossprey, thanks for the response!

I tried that out to see if it would work but unfortunately it didn’t do the trick.

I have actually determined that it is in fact my router that is the problem, as I decided to try using my brother’s hotspot on the PC and I was able to log in to Overwatch without any difficulty whatsoever. I’m not entirely sure what might be wrong with the router, but I’m sure there is something I can do.

I really appreciate your assistance with this issue though! Thank you!