Penalty for leavers

Hello there.

I thought a lot about leavers, especially late leavers. What if Blizz make a “Penalty System” for those. For example:
First leave - You can’t play match for 5 min. (only customs)
Second leave in a row - You can’t play for 15 min.
Third leave in a row - You can’t play for 30 min.
Fourth and another in a row - 1 day ban.
I’m cruel and really pi…d off, when I join for last 40-30seconds before lost few times in a row and get back to menu to queue.
This system could help and really punish leavers, especially stupid late leavers, who broke other’s fun for playing.

1 Like

Casual modes are supposed to be able to be left at the drop of a hat… for people who want to jump in and out at will

comp has punishments for leavers already

1 Like

When I join a QP game, I intend to stay. But mostly when I play QP, it’s because I can’t fully commit to the gameplay enough to play comp. Yesterday I left a game because my 3-year old daughter had to go to the potty and I would be kicked by the afk timer anyway. Typed a quick “sorry have to go” in chat and left the game, didn’t look back nor feel bad.

If I play comp, I fully commit to staying. But that’s why I don’t play it when my daughter is with me. But I do feel like some casual QP when she’s playing on the floor next to me, but that does mean I sometimes have to leave a game if she needs me for something. Not prepared to sit through a 5-minute ban, or more, because of a QP game.

Last night my graphics card overheated and crashed on me twice and by the time I restarted it was already too late and I’d lost 50sr both times. It’s harsh but I get why it’s there. Today I’m going to dust off my PC, run some custom fan curves in Afterburner and see if I can run it stable.

The reason why the penalty is there is because someone like me will stop playing comp until I fix the technical issue I’m having, because I’m losing sr and costing my team their 6th player. But imagine if there are people out there who don’t care, and they have bad internet or unstable hardware and they crash allll the time and leave games and just kept coming back and doing it again. Without a sr punishment there would be no incentive to stop playing comp again and constantly disconnected.

1 Like

Pssst… I think OP is talking about QP :slight_smile:
“when I join for last 30-40 seconds”

I’m all in favor of penalties for comp leavers, of course.

1 Like

Ahhhhh I seeee. Well OP afaik there is a XP penalty for repetitive leavers in QP, which I think is fine. I mean you can’t take sr away from players who leave QP, which is basically a practice mode.

I think Hanging drawing and quartering would be a good punishment…
or the blood eagle…
possibly burning at the stake… but only if its done very slowly…
crusifiction or impalement could also be a good option…

not even joking i hate leavers that much!
people like that have no respect for other and will just be a drain on society… better just to make a chilling example out of them!

Ok ok maybe that is a bit too much and well it’s to tell the diffrence between a leaver and someone who just crashed…

But they are absolute human garbage and should be universally be hated as the loathsome waste of space and drain of society they are…

people like that are parasite and bottom feeders!

a hundred thousand curses on all leavers! may their beards grow inwards and their camel explode!!

Again, it’s about leavers in QP. I wonder how many more people will just see the word “leavers” and start ranting away. :slight_smile:

I still think they should be horrendously mutilated at the very least…
laid alive maybe…
It’s the scummy attitude of it all… the lack of respect towards others…

If you join a game any game on a team then you bloody well stand with your team until the fight is done! otherwise piss of and play something else!

You can leave in skirmish! in practice vs AI ok… still think you should finish even then but that is not as bad considering how easy hard AI are…

But in QP is where i start thinking in term of medieval torture techniques and the maleous malificarum and old Norse revenge rituals.

Leavers are human garbage! Carthago delenda est!

frankly i think parents should be notified if children playing OW start leaving games like that… it’s clear signs of a moral failing and lacking parenting!

moral principles like that need to be hammered into kids!

1 Like

Then I invite you to read my post above and see my reasoning for A) playing a QP match and B) leave that match if I have to.

TLDR: I have a work schedule that permits me to be home alone with my 3-year old daughter a lot, and when she is busy playing on her own, I like to play some Overwatch. But of course I can’t play any competitive matches then, so I play QP - and sometimes when my daughter needs me for something, I do leave the game. Usually even with an apology. But it’s QP, which means I will get replaced.

People who say “you shouldn’t play computer games when you are home with your kids” usually are no parents themselves :slight_smile:

So, when and where should I be for my mutilation?

that at least is a valid excuse… but leaving because the game is going poorly is not!
and that is what some do… and then they nag about backfill! like the egocentric trash they are!

I am not saying people have to keep playing as the building they are in is on fire or anything… but to the useless trash that just leave because its going poorly i can feel nothing but absolute undying hatred and enmity.

Ëspecially the human garbage that keeps whining about being forced to backfill on top of them leaving!
i absolutely loath people like that!

If you have responsability to care for a daughter then that i can respect… that is a valid reason but it is not generally why people leave games…

Also blizzard seriously needs to start color coding invites from outside games and have a setting to auto reject external invites… (invite confusion is the only case i will leave a game basically which annoys me!)

Although our views on corporal punishment might differ somewhat :slight_smile: I agree about people leaving a match because the game is going bad. But there’s no way of knowing why they left, so implementing a leaver penalty in QP, other than the mild 75% exp reduction, is a bit silly.

yes well i am engaging somewhat in a medival revenge fantasy… but its also to empasize my absolute outrage at that behaviour…

I agree you cant really judge which i often note… when i am not going over the top with calling for bloody revenge…

i mean if they punished only people who they can verify left… then people would just crash their computers… so you need to puinishe crashers and then you have to keep it light…

I mean for comp i am in favor of a system where you could call for a time out for each team to wait for someone to rejoin if they crashed or something like that…
and then having anyone who returns not be penalized.

then maybe you can get just a bit draconian about punishments! :stuck_out_tongue:

like really cute little thumb screws…

yeah leavers are annoying, but… imagine teh situation. I start QP and after 30s in game I realize that I got teamed with monkeys with average IQ between 90 and 95. they do nothing but stupidly bang their keyboards and do those primal screams. why should I waste 5 mins of my life with them? I don’t respect them, I don’t like them, I don’t even feel compassion to those creatures. The only thing I regret in those situations, that adolf hasn’t finished his job.
So in conclusion, I paid for this game to get a good time. Therefore I wanna get satisfaction out of every single cent I did pay. If I figure that moment doesn’t satisfy me, I switch to the next.

you have impact on leavers by doing stupid shlt.
don’t cause too much mess and people will leave your games not so frequently.
you are responsible, stop complaining. Nobody ragequits for no reason.

Punish leavers by having them locked out till the round they left is finished, its that simple.

people often leave when it gets to hard for them or they can’t get their hero…

Imagine a spineless piece of trash like you, if you don’t want to waste 5 minutes of your life, go study a stem field and start innovating… but you won’t do that you are wasting your times on games.

But we can still finish you.

1 Like

yes its one of the reasons, you have little impact on. but there are also others.
People not working together, people not on comms, people not switching when getting countered, not listening to their team, bad team composition etc. All the things you have partially under your control.

Then adapt or get good.
Leaving is for spineless cowards.
No matter how you put it, i’m not going to bend because of sub-human crybaby weaklings not being able to adapt or improve and instantly leave.

1 Like

crybaby? you are the crybaby here, whining about leavers yet fail to acknowledge the reasons. Just keep doing what you’re doing, its your matches being lost due to leavers.

There is so much spine involved as when you try to escape a stinking garbage room. Under circumstances I won’t put up with your crap any longer, move on and leave you to yourself - since leaving midmatch invokes quite harsh penalties, you should know you messed up pretty hard when that happens.

• It’s my time, and it’s solely in my own disposition. so I and only I will decide how & where to spend it.
  • dw, I know history & statistics. with every single try we do better and better. hopefully next one will be the last one.
1 Like