Remove Shotgun RNG

Let me paint a typical situation :

Roadhog : Hooks a Hanzo and primary fires

Hanzo : takes literally only 100 points of damage

Roadhog : Hooks another Hanzo and shoots

Hanzo : dies in one shot

2 Likes

The RNG, is basically next to none. This is mostly a difference between good or bad aim. Other than that, the difference between doing 150-200 in a hook-shot-melee combo, is very little RNG, for a shotgun.

1 Like

That little difference can be the difference between a living and dead weeb.

Yeah it might be the difference between having 10 hp or none. That is part of shotguns, if you don´t like that, you shouldn´t be playing shotguns, cause that is part of their functionality, just like in real life.

The scenario you set up simply doesn´t happen outside of terrible aim. Just wanted to clarify that it has nothing to do with the small RNG with, that a shotgun has, which nearly any gun has a some of (Spread or bloom)

RNG is an integral part of the shotgun concept, as you have a number of pellets being ejected from the barrel in a semi random pattern. You might hit all of them, but also just 75%, 74%, a half, 10, 1 or none at all. I’d say learn to aim better.

It’s fairly consistent as long as you take a step forward before actually firing after the hook.

Gonna have to agree. Pellet pattern should be static on a game like Overwatch. It’s not a realistic game. It’s not even an arcade shooter. It’s a borderline MOBA short of having no mobs. The balance is important. And yet the game is still very casual.

They should normalise statistics and take away RNG.

1 Like

lmao, you think you can deal with a static pattern of pellets better than random? dummy, the RNG comes not from the pattern but from the fact that not all of them hit.

No leveling, no items, no lanes.

step forward, melee. Practice in custom game modes such as 500% ult, 30% cd deathmatch to improve your hooking. :wink:

Go into the training grounds and shoot the wall as hog. The spread is not the same on every shot.

yeah, so what? You are trying to tell me that you would consider every single pellet when shooting a static pattern and hit better? lmao

When headshots are concerned - yes. Shotguns can headshot you know. As of now how many pallets hit the head is random, this is the main reason why even after a perfect hook combo there is a chance for the guy to survive. Without the random spread we’ll be able to hit the sweet spot and execute 200 HP targets without hiccups once we get the hang of it.

You are so friggin dumb I dont even know what to respond to a post full of bs like that.

Let me explain it for someone as extremely slow as you are.

Roadhog’s spread is bigger than the headbox of the characters. So every time you try to hit the head you’ll get different damage outcomes. With me so far? Ok, lets continue.

If headshots were not a thing all Roadhog has to do is hit the center of the body and get maximum damage every time. They are though and you need them to ensure a combo kill. So you aim around the neck/upper torso area. Which means some of the pallet spread will be random and miss. This can result in 1 of three outcomes - Ana can die from a single hook + shot, from hook + shot + melee or survive all of them and sleep you.

It was made in such a way to reduce his one shot combo potential.

If you still cant understand please tell the guardian who is typing on your behalf to watch you more closely, you are skipping elementary school classes.

if you want to headshot reliably you shouldn’t play RH, as the random spread of the pellets is A BASIC KEY TRAIT OF A SHOTGUN round!

But back to your previous post, its still unclear to me if its the pellet type of his rounds you try to argue or their spread pattern.
In latter case, are you trying to tell me that you’d aim better and consider every single pellet of 25, where they hit, when shooting??

Its not about aiming you donkey, its about reliability. Its a combo attack, it is fairly easy to calculate its damage and determine whether or not a 200 HP character is screwed if you execute it perfectly or not. But since it is random even after calculations and execution there is still a chance for the guy to escape.

Being random obviously affects it negatively. If it wasn’t it’d be a buff and they have to reduce its damage to compensate.

oh I strongly doubt that, as you apparently can’t hit sh1t at point blank range where spread is not as much of relevance as you seem to believe.

I already explained how spread makes the difference? If you have arguments to refute what I said - feel free.

And yes, non-random spread will definitely affect aiming. Make it consistent and Roadhog videos will start popping out, where people who have tested it will show where you should be aiming for maximum effect.

Consider this - I’ve killed an Ana with a hook + shot yet what people advise is to shoot and then hook for the combo. Why? Because what I did was lucky, the pallets landed where they should, there was an equal chance for the Ana to survive the full combo.

this is bigger than someones headbox at point blank?
h ttps://i.imgur.com/aNx27HV.jpg