Role Queue has ruined overwatch and it shows no one can tell me otherwise

Everyone needs to spam blizzard/Jeff telling them to remove role Queue before the next event

spam #rolequeueruinedOW

If you want RQ to be removed please make this happen

We hate the wating times and not having the freedom to play who we want when something is just not working on the team

8 Likes

Even if we held them hostage they would never revert anything. Never have, never will. They do not care how broken things are because they already have our money.

3 Likes

I have an idea, let’s ask the protesters in that specific city to start yelling “WE LOVE ROLE QUEUE” that will fix this for sure

1 Like

They reverted pulse bomb nerf, so we can cross our fingers and while holding them at gun point I guess

1 Like

Role Queue is good for the game.

Role Queue is bad for queue times dps queue times

fixed that for u

7 Likes

I kind of agree with you, even knowing the chances that it will change are so tiny that they cannot be visibly observed with the best microscopes.

It’s restrictive and from my personal experience (key word, personal) it doesn’t balance the matches. From what I saw, either my team would bulldoze the enemy team within 30 seconds, not fun as there’s no challenge or the enemy would do just that to us. I try to work with people, but the problem is not the heroes or role queue. It is and always has been that some players are just bad people and forcing us to be stuck as a specific class of hero for the duration of a match, unable to change our role to best adapt and survive didn’t solve anything. It just made a larger percentage of the community more hostile and repugnant than I’ve ever seen them before.

I hate to accuse people of this but I swear, half of the DPS players I got where trolling the games because I refuse to believe they where all that bad at playing. I don’t judge when someone picks any hero, because after all they might be really good at it but when our Doomfist player just tries to see how high he can jump with his rocket fist, when our Soldier 76 decides to stand in the open, a mile away from our shields and protection as he sprays where the enemy used to be, getting snipped up and down the garden path, when our Widowmaker exclusively engages in close quarters gun fights with Bastion’s then it’s all to clear to me that the role queue has just brought out the worst in more players than ever before.

I would love to see this reverted, I never had a problem with the team compositions before this, hell my teams in the past have beaten well rounded teams with only dps characters and the gorilla. Why? Because we where the more skilled players, we knew our characters, what to do and what not to do. A good comp doesn’t ensure victory.

The waiting times for DPS is upsetting, I don’t always want to play healer or tank and I shouldn’t have to compromise having fun, in a mathc in the past if we needed another healer/tank I’d happily shift to one but being forced to just isn’t fun.

I only hope some day the overwatch devs listen to our voices here, although they announced overwatch 2 recently so it’s obvious they are the biggest trolls of all.

4 Likes

I uninstalled OW for that. I’m for example flexible player (i rlly dont mind playing tanks sometime). But mostly i played Ana or hitscans dps and i dont have much time to sit in queue for healer or dps role. (I enjoyed days playing Ana/cree/sold). Until they fix (fix=delete) mm role queue OW is dead for me. Sad

3 Likes

ok bye, nobody misses you.

@OP the games neither dead nor ruined, your opinion doesn’t matter because you are in the extreme minority.

If you want “freedom” to play 6 DPS, go to QPC.

Ow is dead in the sense that devs killed what the game was supposed to be because of player whinning. 2-2-2 is boring and will get old fast

1 Like

Except for the fact it’s not dead in any sense.

Going back to the original concept of the game, it originally had no limits on how many times you could pick Winston, so the original 222? Winston/Tracer/Genji.

Did people whine about that being sent to the arcade? Sure, and it’s now seen as just that, an arcade mode. The same will be said of QPC, just an arcade mode.

222 is boring to DPS players because they seem to believe they’re more important, they’re not, the games now able to put all roles equally and treat the balance better for that format, not having to worry about buffing/nerfing to fix or get around certain metas

1 Like

that would explain why they put so ittle effort into events. Not riding a dead horse anymore.

Games not dead, your opinion is not fact, flagged for trolling.

1 Like

U can shove that flag where the sun don’t shine. U talk like I’m a dps player yet my most played hero is Ana, and yeah I get things change but 2-2-2 was not why I bought the game. I liked how u could switch roles in game depending on what u needed and I bet most players did as well

2 Likes

And you can grow up and get over yourself.

You don’t like 222? Isn’t it great then that you have:

• Every arcade mode available
  • QPC for non-role locked gameplay
  • DM / TDM

And if you want to do Competitive, you can do “whilst you wait” to do any of the above. If you’re also a support player, the queue times (just like tanks) are seriously quick.

The problem with “switch roles depending on whats needed” is that it always lead to 3+ DPS, rarely was a switch made off a DPS onto a tank or support. That is no longer (thankfully) possible.

1 Like

Ur being very adversarial with no reason mate, ow is dead, this new thing ain’t bad but ain’t ow. Ur the one that needs to get over urself, maybe dislodge ur head from ur anus

And yes ppl didn’t switch cause they wanted to play what they wanted, is that so bad? It’s self centered pricks like u who whined so much that took that freedom from the players, I loved the multy dps comps, multy healers or multy tanks. Nothing was better than getting 6 supports and winning, but guys like u who only think of urselves decided to limit the freedom of others cause u think u gon climb higher, get over urself, it’s a game

2 Likes

Because like many others around here who can’t grow up nor get over themselves, you offer no evidence whatsoever, it’s just the same crap over and over

ow is dead becuz i said so

Grow up already, get over yourself and realise your opinion is neither fact nor right.

The only one here who is a self-centered prick is you. You have the freedom to go and play meme strats in QPC.

get over yourself

1 Like

So u want ppl to provide sources and make studies or get a PhD in game design to talk about the games they play and paid for? Forums are for ppl to speak their OPINIONS, u think u deserve more than that mister big shot? And I did give u reason to why I say the game is dead, it’s u who have ur head so far up ur own a$$ dat u can’t even read. I play with wat i get, I got a crippled version of ow, I play with that. If in the good old days I got meme team I played with that. Ur the one that needs to get over himself like seriously keep that narcissism in check budy. Also u the one saying " game is better now cause I say so"

Your opinion means nothing when compared to the actual data from the Devs, of which they’ve stated that RQ and 222 locked has been positively received and in the majority.

Your opinion is irrelevant, you don’t play with a crippled version of the game - you choose to cripple it with an opinion that doesn’t matter.

QPC is in the arcade for meme teaming, otherwise get used to how OW is now.

I go by what the Devs state, as they have the data, the actual evidence that shows how the games going.

So yes, get over yourself already and grow up

Yes devs got the data, u don’t. U believe what they tell u and don’t thin for urself and u still on ur high horse talking $hit about others ppls opinions like urs is more valid because some guys, who have in their best interest to do so, say that it has been well received by the majority. Nah fam, a lot of ppl invested a lot of time in this game and are willing to play a downgraded version. I wouldnt call that well recived, most players would continue to play either way. Oh damn I might need a source on that lemme just hire a polling agency to do a survey on the ow players.

1 Like