Season 10 - Full banned after playing since come out

played a few games earlier with some friends - right after a game we all got a 15 min ban

just come back on after a few hours and have been completely banned from season 10

we don’t tent to use vc or toxic in chat so I’m very unsure why something like this is happened ?

I’m also unsure on how ill find out why I’m banned ?

if anyone could give me some feed back on why or how this has happened - ill much appreciated

24 Likes

bro, just had the same thing happen to me, definitely a bug

4 Likes

Same thing happened to me

3 Likes

Same thing also happened to me. @gaswall @joeeleakey @winkle Did you guys file an appeal and if so any luck?

3 Likes

Omg this happened to me too. I’m actually glad this has happened to multiple people so it must be an issue (hopefully soon to be resolved)

4 Likes

same thing happened here. played yesterday, wasnt toxic and boom this morning banned from season 10 comp

2 Likes

حدث لي نفس الخطأ يرجي حلها فورا

Hi all,

Thanks for the reports!

We’re currently investigating leaver penalties applying incorrectly in some cases and will provide further updates here once we know more.

Please do not submit appeals for this as we will address it for all affected players rather than reviewing individual cases.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

13 Likes

same thing here I already made an appeal, however don’t you all think its crazy overwatch hasn’t implemented a system that can see when the server crashes to not penalize players when that happens?

2 Likes

Same. Completely unjustified bad call, and I’m very disappointed in the error.

1 Like

same here, i woke up this morning and i was so mad at this

4 Likes

Yup me too
Did try with a ticket but only got an automatic response with no help whatsoever…

I did just come back to OW from like a 4 years break. Played 4 Matches with Friends and the next morning (today) im banned for the entire season for no reason. Welp its great to be back…

4 Likes

Exact same thing happened to me. Full season ban after the 15 min suspension.
Generic response when appealed.

2 Likes

Ye same, just logged in and it says “Banned S10”, No idea why…

2 Likes

Im glad its being looked into, i got comp banned for no reasin

2 Likes

Okay I feel like this is a perfect time to complain about the lack of a system Identifying a server crash:

for example these are the negative effects of a ban deserved or not:
15 min or longer downtime
sr loss/decay
MMR change don’t know if this is still in.
endorsement penalty.

now I always disliked that this would happen if you would have a leaver on your team and half of the stated penalties apply there too. but for a server shutdown which you have no control over?!?!?! c’mon overwatch this has happened so many times now, and im actually getting a little fed up over it.

4 Likes

Not only that but overwatch has never at least in my case compensated this in any way, i can think of at least 5 other games in this genre that have systems identifying a server crash over a player simply clicking leave match.

1 Like

Also happened to me when I just logged in. Never before left more than 1 competitive game, always accidentally. Yesterday while playing comp the server could not connect to the game, leaving me unrightfully suspended for 15 minutes already. This morning I logged in, and I was completely banned from season 10. No email with a notification why whatsoever.

3 Likes

Same thing happened to me. As i was connecting to the server, i never entered the map. I was clicking ‘Rejoin match’ but it didnt work. As the match was quickly canceled duo to me disconnecting from the match, I have received the normal 15 minute ban. I went played some arcade for an hour and came back to having a Complete Season 10 BAN?

1 Like

Literally just logged on to play a few games this morning and the first thing I see is that I’ve been banned for the whole season.
I barely ever use vc and I only use match/team chat to say gg. I’ve disconnected only once this season so I’m really confused and annoyed lmao.

1 Like