Should ranking system change?

Nice to see you trolling more. Bless your existence.

Not sure asking for more information from the OP is trolling. But I guess you know best.

Not sure with your 2 braincells but ok :slight_smile:

Well, that reply was helpful. Thank you for derailing the thread.

so use google…
keyword being “unfair collective punishment” and go from there.

stop asking people to handfed everything you want, it isn’t the appropriate thing to do on internet forums and it only protrudes you as being rather dim and unable to master your own life.

nah. this is 5 people failing to achieve an objective because the 6th are allowed to troll around.

irl sports/other team games… that 6th person would not be allowed to play alongside the 5 others… but in OW they are allowed to.

… and so, the entire “team game” argument falls.
and so its a collective punishment for the five to get teamed up with that troll.

and the fact that you still belives this and argues for it, only to re-arrenge the words makes you a troll.

I have. It doesn’t apply to this issue. So I thought you might have been referencing specific laws.

In IRL sports. It happens all the time. People play badly sometimes.

in a pure chance-based roll of the dice, this could hypothetically be true.
but in a Computer there is no such thing as “purely random”.
but… in OW, its clear that the “troll-ratio” it’s baked into both social “algorithms” (aka when does the school children get home) and also in ranking algorithms, as the “troll ratio” is felt as a wave function.

when it rains it pours, and when it shines it shines bright.
There is no “in between” as you suggest that “both teams have trollers”.

as you may have noticed… I have previously said that “even games” are very far in between.

This would imply that the algorithm the match maker uses is one of the smartest ever recorded. As it would have to be tracking human emotions and behaviour.

If true. People will be headhunting their staff to create AI systems.

Sarcasm aside, I agree if your last point, matches that end up being pretty close don’t happen as often as any of us would like. And we all enjoy them when they happen. But that isn’t the match maker (as explained above). That is 2 teams, and 1 just making more mistakes/being better at punishing mistakes.

no. It actually implies the opposite.
it doesn’t take into effect any emotions at all, it takes personal win or loses stats and tries to form a team between two brackets of rank.
but who am i kidding, having a discussion about the ranking system with you is not gonna lead anywhere. already been here.

but lets pretend what you sarcastically saying were to be true, the so-called “brilliant” staff would be even more sadistic than what I’m saying about collective punishment.
and creating that tension/toxicity from paying customers, out of their own sadism, would not be a good thing regarding their “brilliance” or their “hirability”.
no, your argument is untrue.

yeah of course its the matchmaking algorithm job to form a “competitive” match… And it cant do that because of a number of reasons.

lately, I think it’s “dominated” by the fact of a smaller pool of players… people are just fed up with the toxicity.

but hey… I name the unfair collective punisment matchmaking system the creator of the toxicity… so it’s still the matchmaking system that has failed.

Me losing a match is irrelevant to how I will perform in the next one.

Match making doesn’t cause toxicity. It is an excuse toxic people will use to post-rationalise their behaviour, or what they are witnessing.

The match maker will have made what it thinks should be a competitive match. The match maker can’t predict someone fat fingering an ult, mistiming a stun, making the wrong decision on which pathing to take… or any plethora of mistakes that can and do happen in games at all levels.

You watch games back from all levels and you will see that nearly all matches that end up not being very close are just down to human error. Only takes one of the many variables to cause a one sided game. 6 people lucking into playing a stronger comp and doing the basics right for example, rolling a game and winning 3-0… doesn’t mean the match maker did anything wrong, or that they were more skilled than the enemy. Just they made the better choices and played the match better than their opposition.

People will always look for excuses to justify their, or other peoples behaviour. In part this is how conspiracy theories begin.

No, it’s not. Far from it.
for the record; I’m pretty sure “competitive/sport psychology” is a class subject on its own in university.

the matchmaking can’t even predict what MY skill rating is…
over a season my skill rating can and has traveled between 1800-3200. the travel time is affected only by how many hours I spend in-game and that’s on its own, proof that the skill rating system is very bad.

if it cants even determin what my rank is… how would it even predict my cumulative “error” % …

also fyi “errors” are only a talking point and dont really exist mathematicly in live games… we cannot clone the timeline and draw a final conclusion based on 2 different actions. We can only guess.
As such, what you think is an “error” could and should only be considered to be a poorly timed, unlucky, or deliberate action -pertaining to the skill level of that player… and it’s only an error as a talking point for sport’s journalists, coaches etc. It’s not a mathematical error, only an action.

That’s a grim attitude and it’s not a “life rule”. It implies only to people who are immature.
But yeah I guess… in kid-friendly colorful happy “kumbaya” games, there might be a plethora of “immature” players…
So why should the matchmaking system rely entirely upon some kind of twisted rule that “EVERYONE needs to take responsibility OR BE DOOMED!!!”

yeah… i dont see how that would affect the game negatively at all… lol

It is, and that proves my point. It is “you” not the system.

If you lose and let you mental drop, you will perform worse. At that point you can’t look past yourself for an excuse as to why you lost.

Errors in games don’t exist… that is an interesting theory…

Grim?? If someone insults you and you ask them why… they will always come up with some weird rationalisation as to why. Never because they are incapable of processing things with maturity. (Look at some of the people on this forum for example). It is never “sorry that was my mistake and the wrong thing to do”… it is always some variation of “you made me do it for x reason”.

Like here. You are trying to blame an algorithm for toxic behaviour in game.

being toxic in game is the players choice. You can chose not to. The player is solely to blame for their own toxic behaviour.

Thats a two way street. Both the protagonist and the antagonist, needs to be capable to be mature. On the internet they are not, thus, becouse of this: any admision of fault drived the conversation into “meeme” country, so noonne does it, its however NOT a liferule that they are not capable of doing it…

also…
This is a wisdom and a fact, that has been around since the dawn of the internet.
people are not capable of processing things with maturity here.

So why are a major game company forceing a bunch of funloving casual players, into a toxic meetgrinder that is the ranking system?

Idk, its certainly not becouse they are “brilliant”.

Errors in games (and in life in general) do not “exist”. not in a black and white easy mathematical way, as you protrude errors to be.
It’s all theoretical, to have something factual and quantifiable, we would need to split the timeline and let a multitude of games play out.

No, it’s human nature.
The ranking system, that dishes out rank points pits individuals/players and their very human instincts and needs against one another, without any reason at all…

that’s the very essence of why collective punishment is first and foremost, unfair, bad… and that’s is why it also is outlawed in a civilized society.

I will leave you with this.

You need to tell people what laws they are breaking, otherwise your claim carries zero weight.

I dont want you to be seeing a thd mad man shouting in the corner.

Also, if you truly believe this, and have the laws they are breaking, maybe get some legal advice about next actions. Posting on the forums would significantly weaken your case. It is essentially tipping off, something not seeing in good faith by judges

I know for a fact that collective punishment is unfair and is becous of that it is outlawed in most civil countries… and its also written in the -UN human rights manifesto. etc etc

I’ve also said multiple times that I do not seek legal action, lol… like i care that much…

im just stating it as a fact. PERHAPS breaking laws and international human right morale is not good for the game/community.

as evident by the sorry state of this game. it all “boils down” to the backwards and unfair ranking system… I’ve done my best to explain this, and i cant be botherd anymore…

i essentially want to “tip” blizzard off, they are masters of their own world… and i bet they want ow and ow2 to be a good game… unfortunate it can NEVER be a good game or an “e-sport” with the current rank system that pit players against their own team.

1 Like

It falls onto deaf ears dude, he thinks he knows everything when he’s in-fact, clueless. xD

UN human rights manifesto?? You mean the Universal Declaration of Human Rights?

Which contains zero instances of the word “collective” and only 1 instance of the word “punishment”.

And that punishment is in a section about no one being subjected to torture or cruel/inhuman treatment.

h ttps://www.un.org/en/udhrbook/pdf/udhr_booklet_en_web.pdf

Again, you really need to know what laws and treaties you want to push them on before making the accusation.

I like that you are so vindictive you like posts that totally contradict your views.

Lol

Troll on kid. Troll on.

Aww are you mad chap?

About what?

No ones done anything yet.

(the irony of you bleating about broken records lol).