Smurf accounts ruin overwatch. Trap players in lower ranks and in a sense are a virus to the community

The sheer amount of smurf accounts that have been made and are currently ruining overwatch is staggering. I have been playing on PC since season 4. I’ve peaked plat and times were good. Loved it. Now i’m locked in silver and here’s why.

There are so many people on both sides that are ruining games. Mainly the smurfs I go up against, people who are CLEARLY playing at a much MUCH higher level than silver. I’ve experienced games at higher levels I’ve seen the difference between a diamond and silver doomfist. When you see one that clearly belongs in a higher rank ACEING your whole team push after push regardless of the steps you try to counter with. It is gameplay sabotage and this needs to be fixed.

On my own team, It is such a rare occurrence to have people who care, and I have heard this so many times, “This isnt my main account, check my main account, im plat-diamond-GM on my main account, I don’t care about this account so report me, im throwing” or any mixture of that.

You could be playing your hero textbook perfect. If your “team” refuses to work together than you loose. It doesn’t matter. In silver, you don’t win 5v6’s and thus people get trapped. It is a thing and needs to be fixed. People not caring and queing in comp just to ruin games keeps people trapped and it needs to be fixed. Being trapped is a real thing and I know you keyboard ninjas are gonna say “get gud, if your there it’s where you belong, look at your self before blaming others”. I have done just that. Like I said i’ve peaked in plat and now I’ve fallen because a wave of throwers before 2-2-2 have gotten me dropped to high sil.
I’ve done research, I’ve watched videos. I’ve practiced my aim. I’m hitting shots, I’m providing support and creating space where needed. I’m playing above my rank but everyone wants to be a hero and drags players right back down. I promise you im not the only one.

Endpoint, smurfs, throwers, crybaby leavers (people who dont get carried so they leave dooming the game for their team). ruin Overwatch. Until some system is in place that allows people to own ONE account, it will not change. Permanently banning players IP’s somehow allowing them to buy more accounts (so blizzard wins) AND then not letting that account play due to IP banning would be great.

Overwatchs coffin is in the ground just waiting on the dirt and the smurf accounts are holding the shovel. RIP OW and OW2.

4 Likes

Real question is why would you smurf on PC.
You literally have to buy the game multiple times over lol.

They equate it to, “your too poor to not be able to afford multiple accounts”.

Some people are just strange.

What kind of insult is that.

On the one hand, yes, Blizzard has put the game on sale for like 10 quid enough times now for me to be sure they don’t five two fups about smurfs as long as they are giving Blizzard money.
On the other hand I am now nestled comfortably in silver myself (previously plat) and get accused of being a smurf when I play… So I’m not a smurf but from the point of view that I don’t WANT to be in silver… I’m just here because, well, apparently I belong here, even though I’m accused of being a smurf here. What can I say the ranked system is trash. Solo rank people please!

Any low lvl dps account I see gets an instant report for gameplay sabotage

It doesnt do much but it’s all I can do to help… I suggest you all do it too

3 Likes