Smurfing is a big issue! Just read it

Have you spoken to Nightwing to get his side. Shockingly, I can’t speak for him.

Because at the moment it’s just the baseless accusations of a heartbroken lunatic.

You could be out with loved ones, or playing the game. But instead you do this lol. I’m flattered.

New player, posted over 600 posts on US forums, over 100 on EU, post the same, act the same, even quote “Word meanings” the same, appear when Nightwing disappears, even insult the same, oh you make it incredibly obvious. :joy:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/to-the-people-who-love-to-write-ez-at-the-end-of-the-match/600360

Don’t seem to have many fans.

The stupidity is astounding. You must not have much going on. Bless you x

Wow. Stalking a new player. Nice.

Someone being an active forum user doesn’t mean anything.

Cross linking threads is also an offence.

All that thread proves is that some snowflakes can’t take “gg ez” at the end of a game when they get slapped about.

Smurfs should be banned if they’re not going to make any attempt at giving them good faith options to start a new account.

E.g.

• Option to say that they have previous experience in the game
  • Better placements, since it randomly puts new players in gold, and placements are a garbage system for placing people regardless

If Blizzard doesn’t do anything to keep them out of lower rated games, then they should be reportable and bannable.

Also have fun reading all of the ‘git gud’ strawman arguments, when the issue of smurfs has nothing to do with your personal skill, and is an issue of higher rated players abusing the placement system, making rating completely pointless as an indicator of skill level.

1 Like

Exactly, well said, they ruin the fun for many.

1 Like

If there was an option to say you had previous experience, if someone was going to genuinely smurf (which isn’t that common from what I can see), they just wouldn’t press the button.

As Jeff Kaplan said, throwing and boosting is an offence. Report people for that. Simply buying an account and playing, no matter how many times you’ve done it, isn’t an offence.

Git gud and smurfing are not intrinsic arguments, but they do follow each other in some way. If you just get better and be the one carrying games, then you’ll be fine.

Then it should definitely be bannable, because at that point, it’s clearly intentionally abusing the bad placement system to be a GM player in lower ranks.

That’s literally the argument being made 1000x. People want something done about smurfing. He also says the right rating will eventually be reached, but it’s so flawed when high rated players are in low rated games, because the skill at each rating is so inconsistent. E.g. If I’m in gold, playing at a diamond level and climbing, I face a GM player who completely controls the entire match. Does that mean I should be in silver?

No. I should be facing other gold players, beating them and climbing because I’m playing at a higher skill level.

GM players should not be in gold.

Another reworded strawman, while ignoring the point about higher skilled players making rating skill level pointless. This is Nightwing, isn’t it?

1 Like

“High rated” players can only be in low games by throwing matches. If you don’t get them while they are doing that. You missed your chance sadly.

Part of me does wonder how matches would look if you dropped the match maker. Be an interesting 24hour experiment.

But the matchmaker isn’t the problem. Never will be. Just because someone’s a clown and exploits it, doesn’t mean the system is wrong. Just means that person is a clown.

I really don’t think every smurf I’ve seen is throwing in placements. 5 matches is not enough to judge people on, and QP matchmaking is too scuffed to even take seriously when considering ranked rating.

1 Like

I agree. Not only abusing the placement system but also making the game less fun for beginners / less skilled.

Yep!

:+1:

1 Like

No. They throw after.

You can’t really trick MMR and placements.

Have you actually spoken to Nightwing to actually fact check your BS?

Many others can easily tell it’s you. And you deleted the BNET request, as you know you did. :slight_smile:

Well seeing as I only have this account (plus 3 codes I’ve not activated yet if you want one).

Then again, I sent my friend 3 request and she got none of them. Had to add me while I was online for it to appear.

He accepted me the other day though :wink: although he’s not been online yet so no responded to my message.

I don’t care how they do it.

I didn’t mention MMR.

Placements aren’t good indicators of skill if new players are put in gold by default. Winning can be RNG due to inconsistent player skill, dcs, leavers, smurfs etc. The fact that those can happen within your 5 matches and determine your placed rating is just a bad system.

Again, smurfs essentially make rating meaningless in terms of being a sign of skill level. They’re abusing the system regardless of if it’s an alt account or they’re intentionally trying to climb again.

1 Like

SR is pretty meaningless inters of being “a sign of skill level”. If they made MMR public too, somehow, you could more accurately judge these things.

Your point about winning sometimes being a bit RNG is exactly why SR isn’t a good sign of skill. Even before you accuse someone of smurfing. Even though most accusations are false.

The only way to play is find some friends you enjoy playing with and just have fun. (unless your objective is to grind to be the best and go pro). Have the odd personal goal along the way (a rank, a number whatever), but just have fun and don’t sweat the small stuff.

Whatever you say Nightwing.

What’s upsetting you? Did Nightwing not want to talk to you?

(I still haven’t had a reply from him, but I can see he’s playing warzone right now)

I hate BR games personally. I can just about tolerate Apex for a short period.

Yawn. You’re so boring dude, we all know it’s you, bless your special brain.

Yawn. You’re broken record is boring.

I could just show you it isn’t me. But you’re too much of a petty brain dead troll to deal with that