Smurfs = Gameplay Sabotage

What? We were discussing if smurfing could be considered gameplay sabotage and I gave the argument that blizz had made nothing to prevent it so reporting people for it is just false reporting which is something blizz has had issues with in the past.

I also make fun of their decisions in balancing quite frequently and say that they should nerf heroes that are clearly too strong, this includes the hero that I onetric+k. I just genuinely want the game to be better and false reporting will not help this at all.

1 Like

im willing to discuss ← this does not mean argue… you have proven yourself time and time again to never accept anything anyone else has to say, so discussion with you is impossible so all you and your points get from me is

NOPE.AVI!

no point in conversing with a bric+k wall… that’s you btw :slight_smile:

The moment you can provide sources to your claims and explain to me why a perfectly valid explaination isn’t valid then maybe we’ll talk.

2 Likes

no, I was making a tongue in cheek (JOKE) public service / charity announcement that smurfing is a problem and should be stopped, you posit that smurfing isn’t and I wont change your mind and you wont change mine so there is nothing to discuss

blizzard does f**k all to prevent many things, doesn’t mean they should or shouldn’t exist within the game

I agree, however, blizzard is lazy and won’t solve many problems that many people bring to their attention… what they have done is give us a fully automated report system…

I bought the game to enjoy, so you’re damn right im going to do everything I can to enjoy it, including reporting smurfs for gameplay sabotage

Nope.AVI

1. Smurfing isn’t against blizz rules so reporting people for smurfing is false reporting.
  2. Being bad at the game is not against the rules either (not everyone is good a the game lol ) so reporting someone for playing worse than you is false reporting aswell.
3 Likes

It is true that I did say that we should agree to disagree first. But that was in a response to when you said “Smurfing = gameplay sabotage, any way you slice it” this is practiacally you announcing that you have not planned to change your mind either. So I simply left my argument and was preparing to leave the thread. In response to this message you said that we should not agree to disagree so I explained in further detail why what I said was correct after this you turned into a crybaby that could not handle the discussion.

1 Like

Yes it is I was trying to explain why reporting smurfs is false reporting. I explained that you are ruining the game for players aswell if you are underperforming. I tried to explain that ruining the game did not necissarily mean that you could be reported for gameplay sabotage. Which is why I added the line “But I dont report bad players that are boosted”

1 Like

the ToS is vague and open to interpretation In my interpretation smurfing is gameplay sabotage and reporting it as such is not false

indeed, and agreeing to disagree give credence to your position of smurfing being acceptable, it isn’t so I don’t agree

no crying here, just a steadfast and resolute belief in my positions superiority

But instead of debunking me you kept saying “Nope.AVI”. Even after my position was explained in full detail. I am sorry if my understanding of the phrase agree to disagree is incorrect as english is not my primary language. In my eyes “agree to disagree” just means that we are agreeing that we see the subject differently which we are since you are unwilling/unable to discuss any further.

1 Like

You yourself even did say gg as a sign of giving up discussing any further therefore in my book we agreed to disagree.

1 Like

because there is nothing to debunk, Smurfing at the lower ranks is a massive problem, everyone except people who aren’t in that rank, and people who smurf say the same thing

no you’re correct, the colloquial of “agree to disagree” means an amicable disagreement with no hard feelings however, I do have extremely hard feelings against smurfing, and against people who think its acceptable, so I cannot agree to disagree so long as you feel that way

indeed, and im not interested in discussing it further, and im not interested in letting the discussion go either, I am correct, smurfing is a problem (at least at my rank and below) anyone who disagrees is incorrect and needs to be told so, constantly, loudly and forever until the end of time

I am pretty sure “No hard feelings” is no hard feelings towards me as a person.
I showed you that I am exposed to smurfs every game but you did not accept that

1 Like

nvm did not finnish reading the thing lol

no, I have hard feelings, against you and your idea that smurfing is acceptable, which is why I cant agree to disagree

if you are exposed to it and don’t see it as a problem, that’s fine, that’s your position, I don’t agree with it, and I don’t care that you agree with it

Ok. I did not see the agree to disagree competely correctly. So I would like to change it to ac+knowledge each others position but disagree with eachother. I however do see an issue with smurfing I just dont think your way of combatting it is at all effective.

1 Like

Yes, I can ac+knowledge your position even though I don’t and never will agree with it

I admit, its not the most effective, nor the cleanest, nor the most ideal, however, I have no other choices, blizzard doesn’t listen/won’t accept that there is a problem and ignores it… so what do I have at my disposal to make this game (that I spend money on and was promised was “fun for everyone”?) actually fun? well I have a fully automated report system and a Vague ToS to exploit… so as that is my only option I have to take it

I don’t think anyone here is saying that smurfing is not a problem. What we are saying is that is False to report these people who smurf. There is a problem with the matchmaking system even tho they say that you’ll be placed where you belong if you play to win every game , i highly doubt that is true. The system can’t know your real rank till you play alot of games and your mmr starts to not fluctuate too much.
So for example lets say a Master is placed in gold (where i think everyone gets placed nowdays for the 1st time) on his new account because he was playing a totally new hero for him. That person might have the game awareness , a good positioning etc but might lakc the mechanical skill on the new hero he is playing. So while he excels at some parts of the game he lakcs other things.

not according to my interpretation of the ToS… I would rather not have to attempt to intervene to make my game enjoyable… however as previously stated I have no choice

There are not many options to stop smurfing the most ideal way would be if the entire community could get together on their stance on smurfing however this is not an easy task as these threads rarely gain traction. Suc+ks that it is that way but its not like reporting them is actually going to change anything either. If you can’t gather the community to take part in your positon on smurfs the impact reporting these players will have is probably close to none aswell. And all impact made by reporting them is easily fixable by the smurfs. I guess we find ourself in a dilemma as there is really nothing that can be done.

1 Like

well a lot of my reports get actioned, so im having a small impact, and every little helps, and just frustraiting smurf accounts with temp bans and such gives me a little solace for them ruining my games at least

well there was one, it was release brig, because smurfs no matter how skilled could not have an “impact” on the match by smurfing with tracer or genji etc so reducing the impact of “skill based” heros is one option… not that it would be very popular with all of the children crying about their favourite broken heros

and before you say (ohh well brig was OP that’s why)… I never had a problem with release brig, mainly because I main all of her counters and actually switch my heros to the situation and not mindlessly 1 tric+k whatever is broken at the time)

any time taken away from smurfs in forcing them to “fix” something is less time they can be ruining games

true, but I can make myself feel better about it by making jokes like the OP at the top, and by frustrating them, and blizzard as much as possible