There no defense against report system abuse

it’s really depends what you call justified , if you think that banning 1 tricks and off meta mains is ok then you gonna ,like many others btw , agree with him and his actions

and btw if i remember correct stylosa made a video about this guy ,i never really watched it ,but you can look up for it

`Overwatch Forums
“We believe players can choose to play any available hero during any game at any time, and that their choice of hero alone is not a behavior that should be penalized by our customer service team under any of the player report categories (including griefing, inactivity, or poor teamwork).”
“Players who inaccurately submit player reports in an attempt to punish someone’s hero choice are considered to be harassing or griefing their fellow player, and inaccurate reports make it more difficult for us to appropriately action the players who DO disrupt the game.”

And this is quotes form the guy who took the shield and hammer. Clearly stating that hes gonna ban one tricks Kappa.

Ive watched most hes videos if not all after I started watching hes video (even tho I disagree with him a lot since all he does is tries to lick everyones a** for views). So he made a video about a guy who was an ex employee for blizz and said after he left blizz that he thinks one tricks are bad for the game (nothing about him banning them, and he was a community manager). Maybe its the same guy your talking about, maybe you do your research you claim to be true.

Im not here to judge you or one tricks, im here to tell you whats the current truth. If they change their policies then they do. But I hope you understand that its not their current policy.

it’s still doesnt mean Grif didnt ban people

he pretty much tweet that after he stopped working for blizzard

“Yay! I don’t work for Blizz anymore so I can finally say this. Anyone who doesn’t work as a team when picking heroes deserves to be reported. Don’t “one trick” anything. It’s selfish and a shitty thing to do to others.”

source : ht tps://twitter.com/GriffinWB/status/981893218668232705

and here another of his tweets
htt ps://twitter.com/GriffinWB/status/983084096518696961

Some of those players in OPs video were indeed punished for those very actions.

I agree they should not be a valid report. That’s why it is considered false reporting. However those who only play ONE hero (one tricking), no matter the circumstance, reap what they sow.

i found this vid , and if you watch at the start he says " you could send him videos and evidence and he gets them removed"

yes this is the guy

yes he did pretty much did a crusade against one tricks

Ofc. But how about even the tinfoilhat proof that he did? I mean I could say Jeff goes around playing torb OTP all the time and thats why they dont want to ban one tricks, but that doesent make it true.

And the lines under:
some random guy: “I thought it wasn’t a reportable offense though?”
Griffen: “Correct. That is the rule.”

This is hes personal opinion that reflects what he said earlier and was on stylosas videos. Like for example I dont think its ok to mutilate childrens genitalia and I wouldnt mind if something bad happened for those who does it. Then again I wouldnt go around hurting people because of it. Those are 2 different things.

Found what vid? Again if you say you found a video why dont you already link it.

That guy is pretty cool. I like the hard stance on one tricks.

they keep saying that one tricking isnt good but they wont ban you for that

yet people get banned for that

you wanna try yourself ? go play torb and see how much time it’s gonna take you until you get banned

the reason people get banned is because bans are auto and no one checked if you’re guilty

i personally got some bad experience with community managers too but whatever

that is the rule but he clearly said many time that he disagree with this rule

what makes you think that he didnt ban people for 1 tricking ?

i talked about the styolsa one

Have you ever heard this “abused report system”? I guess not.

This because Griffen will ban me or the automated system?

Yeah sure, how does this make your claim about this crusader true?

Because I havent seen any evidence? You asked if ive been living udner a rock so there has to be tons of evidence as its so easy to come by that you have to live under a rock to not know about it? How about giving a link?

So you didnt link it yet?

The reporting system is going to be a big thorn in Blizzard’s side if they can’t prevent innocent players, who are playing to win, from being suspended/banned.

1 Like

yhave you ever heard of this “blizzard report system” i guess not

listen it’s doenst matter what it’s says , the report system is automatic , meaning when you reach certain amount of report you receive a ban ,blizzard “policy” have nothing to do with it and if blizzard really cares to stand up for it’s policy they would change it report system

but they dont so …

i have no idea how , bot modes can ban you

i personally got banned in game for annoying some mode on US forums+i got a perma banned from US forums

yeah so they can ban you if they dont like you

maybe everything he said about one tricks make that true ?

the fact he said that he gonna ban “grefiers” and “throwers” not enough for you ?

what else do you want ? you can always tweet him and ask yourself if you so want some “hard” evidence

ht tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo2jGMDFDYA

I literally just said what you answerd to me? You described how it can be abused.

Banned ingame and banned on forums is different. Ive been banned from forums as well but doesent make me banned ingame. Sure they might ban you on forums if they dont like you, but I doubt thats the case ingame or they will fly out faster than they can say fired.

No? Like I gave you example.

There is griefers and throwers getting banned yes. OTPing is not one of those offenses.

Ohh my memory servers well. He didnt say anything that would make your statements true. Yes there was mention that you could send him material for reports, that doesent mean its auto ban. Ie. if you claim someone is hacker and send footage (like some ppl post here) and its obvious that the guy is not a hacker he wouldnt ban them. If he would go on rampage and ban people who one tricked there would have been a huge outcry from the community not just few streamers who got mass reported and auto banned (and actually some of those were lifted and appologized).

So your next “evidence”?

nonon he banned in game as well

i literally got my ban from the game at the exact same time as i got the ban from the forum

the guy even forgot to send me my email message for the forum ban

when people say throwers 99% of the time they refer to off meta one tricks

so yeah

90% of what you just said make like 0 sense and you counter argument yourself

read what you typed against and ask yourself if it’s make sense

you said :

and then you said

logic ?

not the same thing ,it alot easier to prove that some is a 1 trick or a greifer than a hacker

and what makes you think there wasnt an outcry , people were bitching about that since the season 1 and there was alot of streamers who got banned for 1 tricking

my next evidence ? what ?

i’m not here to prove you anything

you know what ? whatever belive what you want it’s doesnt matter i’m out

Yeah sure. And because you have evidence for this you decide to not show that?

And? I despise a mercy OTP as much as a off meta OTP.

Yeah no.

I thought you had some hard evidence since Ive been living under a rock. I hope you mean that saying means that everyone knows about it and if everyone knows about it there is plentiful of information about the issue aka. evidence.

When you meet the same toxic player on another account that then calls for false reports on another player cos they are bad or not switching or playing what they want, a player that tries to control others thru report system abuse, that is so sad reported the same player again for same things as last time, and he acted the same way going torbjorn to troll.

No it doesn’t. That is what we are saying. This guy has been reported many, many times and probably has previous infractions as well, as punishments stack eventually.

I have 1700 hours of OW played, I haven’t been banned once. I have been silenced only once. If you play to win, work with the team and have a positive attitude, people don’t report you. Maybe OT should try it, instead of trying to justify your behaviour.

1 Like

I just know, if you abuse, let’s say you fals report a lot, you get the ban. And not your target. Not exactly sure if it defects false reports. But it says in any blizzard game, fals reports will lead to actions against you.

On eu at night you can face the same players a lot.
Meaning you will have damn good chances to face the same 6 stack more than once and for every qp match that you finish.
So one game of ow you have one match attacking and one defending, if you’re doing QP’s that’s twice as much reports as youd get in a rank game since its only half the game. And if you get matched again vs or with the same grup of people you’ll just get reported again and it will prob lead to a punishment if not soon.

It really is to easy to punish people on Eu. At least on Us you can talk most of the things out and you get to face different players Eu is just random toxicity that tilts you and leads you to do or say regrettable things on top if huge que times especially at night and facing of vs the same players.

1 Like

Not true, and players call for false reports all the time insert report inc hero giving no context or reason, this is abusive asking others to do false reports is what makes this problem so much worse, and nothing is being done about it.

Just jumping in with agreement to the OP here instead of starting a new thread. I was playing/practicing for a while and tried competitive for the first time today and had exactly the experience mentioned in the original post here. I’m not very good yet, and we lost, and immediately I’m being yelled at for “throwing” and attacked and reported (or said they would). What a mess. This system is just not working and I’m likely never returning to try again. I’m sure nobody will miss me really, but I have better things to do with my time than to deal with that kind of crap for a game that is intended to be fun. It has completely ruined it for me.

1 Like

I had a game were a Reinhardt was told that some one else could Reinhardt so he switched to Doomfist he had 60% win rate on it, team thought he was trolling and throwing while other guy went Doomfist and another guy kept asking in chat to report our Doomfist, this is not cool at all.

And i seen this situation quite often, heck today i played many games were i actually had to report least 2 to 4 per game cos they were being toxic in voice or either were calling for false reports on me or some one else when playing on main account, i really wish i could play without the fear of toxic players trying to control me instead of being controlled to play whatever they want me to play heck why they want a public profile so they can force me to one trick whatever i am best at and they will need.

Not one silence or ban on all 6 of my accounts yet the above situation happens a lot i know there quite a few out there that just report the player that calls for false reports, but those numbers are decreasing, while the amount of toxic players calling for false reports is increasing, we don’t know how many false reports on our own accounts got flagged false and ignored or had other players auctioned, so we have no reason to believe that we are safe from false reports.

So the other guy never been banned, you’ve never been banned, I’ve countless hours on game and nothing - why we getting paranoid again? Numbers game, everyone gets false reports but does not equate to the volume of reports truly naughty players get.