There no defense against report system abuse

The key is here is the “can”. For eg. you have called me “useless” earlier on here but tbh who do you hurt with it? Even though it’s true in a way I don’t achieve a lot if I have reported you for that. You have shelled out 60 bucks just as anyone else and should not get penalised for such a nuisance thing like saying someone’s useless.

Maybe that’s only my twisted values, but those insults has become part of the gaming community. Not in just OW but I could name any other FPS game. Noone should get offended upon hearing those words.

Agree. Note that he didn’t say he’s offended by such words.

Edit:

This should be just fine. It has happened to me dozens of times when either me or someone else messed up and ofc they called me out or vice versa.

These contexts could be either aimless cussing or directed insults, correct?

The only counter argument that came to my mind is the fact that such expressions aren’t in a respectful manner. But here lies the double standards issue regarding competitive standards and casual standards again.

And it even opens another issue: sportsmanship and respect in sports games.

I am not one for saying it is ok to use as a insult , but it may happen, and i dont find it bannable .

even in soccer people dont do this all the time , look at any sport. even in boxing matches they Sword talk each other before matches ,

the FPS gaming world was also always like that.

Edit: its just in this game my kind is not welcome.

Edit: i am talking about the competitive kind , i dont come for the skins , emotes , events , ( do wish for some more lore though) i come here to be better then the rest at this game.

1 Like

No he is a buffoon 2 characters

Imo if it’s just a simple rant for something stupid I did, I’ll take it. If it’s a manchild going on and on with intent to insult me, then yeah that’s not welcome anywhere.

I’ll most likely ignore it, because if I respond by pointing out the performance of the person saying it, I risk a sanction myself. I don’t find it reportable because everyone has the right to an opinion, if he insists on provoking then he’s trying to cause a conflict and should be sanctioned.

“Hey guys muder doesnt offend me as much lets make a petition for the government to make murdering legal cause i can handly it. Like who cares about the people who don’t like murder it only matters that im ok with it”

This is the logic you guys are useing for the most of this topic. And yes it’s hyperbolised as well.

Absolutely flawed and beside the whole point. If we’re going by flawed logics, then by your standards it would sound something like “Every opinion offends me so let’s just arrest everyone who speaks their mind”

If people report you for something that offended them you can’t blame them…
Especially if that’s against the Coc.
Insulting a player in any shape or form is punishable.
Happy you guys can take toxicity, other can’t and you need to respect that.

I agree, define insulting though. You can’t because it varies from person to person. THAT is the whole problem.

So what if something is ok for you and not ok for the other 50 players that report you, they dont matter ?
Like this OP got punished 4 times that atlest 200-300 player reports just for chat abuse…

They do, but out of those 50, 20 decide that one of those 50 uses emotes too much because those emotes look aggressive to them, while that one guy never thought those emotes as aggressive, he was just randomly doing it to pass time.

You have no profe for that.
Players can report for what they think is wrong.
Ofc you wana make this sound like everyone report you just for saying good day or GG, but thats not the case since it that was the case the ban will be lifted by now.
Blizzard dont take reports from all the accouts as well. just the once that they trust as legit.

The moment someone gets ban for nothing he will fight for his right or at lest go public with it and show real evedance and DM’s not just some copy past on the forums. And then blizzard will unban him to keep its puclic face.

You all give no real proof so what the point…
OH but one time i got banned for chat abuse when i didnt even use it buhu. And this one time i called a guy good and he reported me waaaa. Yeah right please. Never have seen a legit case like this so yeah not willing to believe everything on the internet sorry. My personal experience is the only thing i can trust and it shows me that i get banned only when i misbehave…

I was never banned or even muted for that matter, well not so far.
I am not arguing with you that OP is innocent or not, by my standards he is but he was convicted by the community that he isn’t therefore my opinion is irrelevant, my word has 0 say in the matter.

That’s the problem though, anything can be interpreted as toxic. People are different, grow up in different surroundings and different cultures. Text doesn’t show emotion. Just because someone calls you a certain name at a certain moment, it does not always mean they meant to insult you. It can be heat of the moment thing.

I’m just trying to explain my point of view to you.

If set person doesn’t get offended by it then his not going to report for it.

One player is at full control on his actuon. You are free to ask for anything and if you do it in the right way even if you do get banned it will be lifted. But if you ever used a word like “useless” or “terrible” vs an other player then he has all the right to report you for that if he got offended and they will keep the ban on you since its agenst the Coc to insolt people. Yes Terrible is an insolt it means really bad…

Before you claim we have no proof, show proof that blizzard lifts bans for chat abuse first.

It is something you still haven’t done.

When someone gets a ban lift what do you think they will do?
A) Play the game.
B) Make a post leaking Staff DM’s that will get him banned again or it will get the topic removed.

If this were true, no one would ever do any mistakes, ever.

So you dont have proof.

Thus your argument that the others argument aren’t valid without proof falls apart.

1 Like