Thrower and leaver fest on open queue

Why is still nothing done regarding the 2 most important issues?
Leavers and throwers.
3 out of 5 game I had leaver in my team.
Whenever we had a chance 5vs6, we had 1 more leaver to secure loss.

Throwers:
Insane amount of throwers. Typical 6 dps, but that would not mean it’s throwing, only selfish…
However having 3-4 gold in 6 dps game with 3 kills only, makes me ask why are these people que up to play dps, kill noone, not even try to win, not even try to capture point ever, not even for a single sec, etc.
And I am talking about players that are all well above level 100, so not new players not knowing the game.

Silver tier.

WTF is going on???

1 Like

Could just be DC’s?

Loads of people seem to be having server issues atm.

Also depending on your rank. might be people not wanting to win, so leaving to drop the SR…

Nothing you can do about either except report. I don’t think the server issues are going away anytime soon.

the whole game is a coin flip which team you get, the throwers or the ones who try.
Not a single balance game but mega steamroll one way or another.
I can have 10+winstreak and 20+ lose streak as well. My sr keeps going like a yoyo.

And overall having 50% of all games have a leaver in it is a joke.
Minimum suspension should be 1-2 hour for leaving a game.

What rank are you?

Anything below diamond is a clown fiesta 99% of the time. (Even then in diamond its touch and go).

Sadly all you can do is just focus on small improvements in your own play. Don’t worry about what SR you are, or how much you gain or lose.

Just pick your set of heros and just make small improvements and learn from your play. The SR will come.

As frustrating as others can be in this game, you can’t control them, or even make them do just the simplist things. So as long as you’re doing your role and improving. Thats all you can do.

I’ve just had a game where all my team left, leaving me. Yet the game carries on and I get a loss and lose some sr or get a loss on my placement.
WHY??

Because you still lost the game.

Yeah it’s annoying. But one loss isn’t going to effect things that much. You will get that SR back fairly quickly if you are improving as a player.

No you don’t get the sr back, since 50+% of the games have a leaver in silver. Sad reality, skill no longer counts at all. Climbing is more luck related.

climbing is only ever on you improving.

If you get it in to your head that external factors are stopping you, you will never improve, and never climb.

Leavers are exceptionally annoying, but there is literally nothing you can do about it. Just use it as a chance to hone skills.

9 time out of 10 leaving is not even their fault, so not much they can do either.

Not just open q, it´s in role q as well. dropped from 3ksomething to 2,850 in one streak where i had a leaver on my team in every single game. Mostly it´s smurfs who derank on purpose aka. leave after exactly 1 minute or w/e. But it doesn´t matter cause the punishment is close to not existent. 2 weeks ban? ye well they just log onto another one of their 10 smurf/troll accounts. But as long there are no permabans or perma suspension for ranked play on accounts who threw/are trolling it´ll never get better.

Just started to play today, first 2 games, both had leaver in my team.
Yes, my performance makes me climb…
You have no idea what you are talking about…

Remember it is also the end of the season. This is a special time where people really don’t care. Or start to care too much.

Could also just be disconnects as the servers have been behaving oddly recently

Third game had a genji vs moira and sym and double shield.
The guy declared he was not playing to win, just to have fun and he did not care of not killing anyone.
I have ended up gold kill and dmg with ashe, and lost.

Nothing shocking there. Some people dont play to get sweaty. Especially at the end of the season, or if they’re on an alt.

Also, people still playing double shield… crazy times.

STJQKA
Aimbot/smurf or lucky? Ashe/soldier, deranked from platinum to silver.

I am on a 10 games lose streak so far while having gold kill and dmg every single game when I play dps, even when we have 5 dps. So if I am the best out of our 6 players 6 games in a row, but losing every single time, that means SR rating has nothing to do with skill.
Also had x3 games vs 4 stack while my team was all solo queue.

Watching now…

Side note. Medals don’t necessarily mean you’ve done well, just as not having them doesn’t mean you played bad.

This Ashe… if they place plat and are now silver it looks like they were placed too high on a new accounts (happens)

Starters… You are playing a 2CP map defence without any form of tank against Rein, D.Va, Mei.

Attack… They have double shield + bastion vc your quad DPS again…

Ashe is not cheating. gets a sensible position and body shots a lot. They are very slow to react to things.

They are not the issue.

Your whole team is. Quad DPS sounds lovely, but the moment the enemy plays tanks… thats a gg, go again. (at the end i could see why they didn’t start on tanks… that winston… lol)

Neither team looked very organised… But they won because they had tanks.

This is why I’ll never go back to open que.

As for the getting matched vs stacks… the player base for open que is pretty small, so sometimes they just have to put whatever is available together.

1 Like

NVBN56
Nearly every single game is like this!!!
My whole team was throwing hard!!!
5 dps, I was healer and I had gold kill and dmg etc.

Today I had games only with all my team mates bronze, of course losing every single one.

Stop playing open que for now

Thats the best advice I can give.

Learn to improve with some structure around you, then try it again.

Yes, I agree to stop playing open queue, and you have confirmed too, that performance has nothing to do with climbing as noone can compansate for more than one thrower/leaver.

I just won a game 5v6, the guy left pretty early on an Anubis game. So it is possible, if you play with high coordination.

Thats the biggest skill you can learn. Coordination and predicting what your enemy is likey to do are huge skills.

Remember to use your speed as lucio. Flick between the too. With hog zarya, playing at speed in that elo will give you a huge advantage.

Players tend to think and react slower. So if you can learn to play at speed and rush people together it is usually easy fight wins.

I don’t think anyone was throwing there. Just one of those unlucky games where the enemy just played better as a team.