Welcome to the Overwatch 2 Beta

Aside from the fact that people are thinking illogically about the watchpoint pack, I would just like to let the ps5 players who have the beta but are unable to log in due to an error that I have a solution. For some reason the ps5 version of the beta isn’t working but the PS4 version is. That means that if you are on ps5, you can just go to the store and download the PS4 version which is available on ps5. There is also an article about this and I have copied the important parts of said article

Overwatch 2 beta login error workaround

So, the bad news is that you won’t be playing a PS5 version of the game, and instead will be installing the PS4 version. However, that’s a perfectly fine trade-off as opposed to… well, not playing at all. As best we can tell, it doesn’t look like there’s a massive difference between old and next-gen versions.

In order to download the PS4 version of the title, head over to the Overwatch 2 app on your PS5 home screen. Once you linger on it, a menu will drop below it. You then want to hit the “…” button, and then select View Product. This will take you to the Overwatch 2 page (opens in new tab) on the PlayStation Store.

Once here, you’ll see another ‘…’ button. Once again, hit that, and you should see the option to select Overwatch 2 Beta. Now that you are here, you have one more ellipsis to hit. Select ‘…’, and the option to download the PS4 version should be here.

Once that’s done, install the beta, and jump in. For whatever reason, it seems what is stopping the PS5 from connecting to the servers isn’t affecting the PS4 version. The final thing to do is to look at the Blizzard CS Twitter (opens in new tab) for updates on when the PS5 version’s issue is resolved.

1 Like

Please do double check the deal and see if it’s worth the 40 Euros or w.e the amount is.

It’s your money, if you wanna throw it at them, by all means please do so.

Not quite, it’s a community abuse problem, so if someone is willing to do their work while paying to do it, that’s just on that person themself, however I’m talking from a management and marketing PoV, it is wrong and they’re using their customer base both financially and as labor (since they gather info throughout the beta period as you know ofc), it’s alright if some cannot see it, it’s meant to rip off that particular group of fanboys.

Think about it in a non-biased way please friend, I’m a big fan of the game and I do have the money to pay for it, both with card and Bnet currency, but I will just wait a week since it’s just wrong on so many levels to do what they’re doing, besides I will not accept to be enslaved and work for them as I pay the fee for it, nor will I sit there and watch them do it to others without shaming them for it. Unethical, thirsty for money and kinda cheap behavior.

And honestly, I’m starting to reconsider paying for any future battle passes, (which I was more than happy to do so before they launched this abomination of a ‘sweet deal’)

You sure got the idea, it’s the fanboi Andys’ fault 100% but that does not mean Blizzard has the right to scam people who can be subject to such action just because they are rash and hasty, young, inexperienced in the marketing world or not paying from their own pockets thus do not really care to be ripped off…
I’m sad to say this but it seems to be like taking advantage from a minor and/or a less aware person, that sort of actions is as far from ethical as it can be and reflects a filthy side that thirsts for money regardless of professionalism and work ethics.

Sorry for long reply <3

It is. You get about 50-60 euros + surprises before you factor beta access… Which has no value, as it’s free to everyone

No one’s getting scammed. You buy a pack, you agree the price and you receive everything you paid for plus access to the beta.

If you don’t like the offer, you don’t buy the pack. Easy.

2 Likes

it sort of is but isn’t.
it’s a devious way of making money.

it’s like the lottery, the lottery makes money by giving people a chance to win without actually promising a win.

it’s gambling in short.
it’s just the way it’s put that fools people into believing it isn’t gambling which is why it’s sort of blizzards fault for even deliberately making the beta like this, this time around.

what they should have done is not put “beta access” as a part of the deal to begin with and just gone with the battle pass or whatever it is they are pushing by its own.

but hey games are about making money off of the foolish so…

honestly it’s why i have started to look down on blizzard as a company for devolving into these types of marketing practices.

1 Like

So it’s fine to take advantage of people who don’t know any better? It’s the marketing equivalent of an adult taking advantage of a child, YOU may know better, I may also know better but some people are not aware, so scamming and feasting on the weak is O.K. to you? (I highly doubt it, you seem smart enough to identify right from wrong).

PS: I may have been guilty in my late teen and early 20s to have thought the same, AKA: ‘If they’re stupid it’s their problem’ but with time things and perspectives change.

However IF you deem it ok to take advantage of those people, then I see no point going forward with this conversation, do come back to this and have a good read at it in 10 or so years please, maybe (and hopefully ofc) by then you’d have your own institution and/or kids and see the logic behind it and why people are against it, but till then I bid you a good day friend, be well <3

1 Like

Devious. Maybe.

But that’s only because they assumed people would think first.

1 Like

Now sure how giving people a choice is taking advantage of them.

You don’t have to press buy.

1 Like

Just have a good read at our conversation in a few years budd you’ll see my (and a vast majority of concerned boomers’) PoV, was a really fun chat and I honestly enjoyed it for sure! I hope you did too :slight_smile: Take good care, all the best.

Boomer? I’m probably older than you lol. And no one’s likely to be a boomer here. Doubt anyone’s was born before 1964 uses the forums.

If you think you’re being taken advantage of by Blizzard. Don’t buy the pack.

I’m not sure anyone’s that weak to feel forced into buying it.

2 Likes

no the assumption is the contrary, that they wouldn’t think and spend money on something that they don’t need.

most people are pretty irresponsible financially.
making bank on it is detestable, but it’s the american way.

Again. Why’s that blizzards issue.

They have something on sale, make take many steps to actually complete the purchase.

1 Like

simply because it’s predatory practice.
a beta shouldn’t be on “sale”

2 Likes

Beta isn’t on sale.

First battlepass, plus credits and skins and bits are. Buying that gave you first access to the beta as a thank you.

The beta is free to everyone. They aren’t selling access.

It can’t be predatory, given that you are literally guaranteed free access if you don’t buy too.

1 Like

How do I get access to the Overwatch 2 Beta?

The new opt-in web form is now available on PlayOverwatch…com/beta is slated to stay open until June 28 unless we hit our projected maximum server capacity earlier. We’ll select a small group of players when the beta goes live on June 28 at 11:00 AM PDT and will steadily add more players over time as we ramp up capacity, with the first waves of larger access grants planned to begin on July 5.

Our goal is to provide access to ALL players that opt-in to the beta by no later than July 14.

Players who purchase the Overwatch 2: Watchpoint Pack on a platform on which the beta is available will be granted immediate beta access soon as the Overwatch 2 Beta launches on June 28 at 11:00 AM PT, or whenever the Watchpoint Pack is purchased after the Beta kicks off.

so explain what this is.

A thank you for buying the pack and investing early into a battlepass system. Not difficult logic.

If you incorrectly think it is predatory, you won’t be convinced otherwise. So sign up and don’t buy the pack.

No point crying about it, you’ll get into the beta either way.

1 Like

bruh, that you can’t see it boggles my mind.
it’s a way to sell a battle pass for 40€ because they are giving you overwatch the game itself included in it which you probably already have which will be free in october anyways, and the only way they are able to scam you out of 40€ is basically giving you early access into a closed beta.

like really it’s so scummy, it’s selling things that are already free.

and no you aren’t guaranteed to get into a closed beta, they are just letting more players in as the servers allow, which means you might not get in.

1 Like

If it’s an attractive add on that sways some people to buy it. So be it.

But they can only blame themselves. Beta access will be free to all. If you paid and got it, that’s on you.

1 Like

their goal is to open it up to all players that opted-in to play the beta by june 14.
it’s not a promise that they will however.

The new opt-in web form is now available on PlayOverwatch.om/beta is slated to stay open until June 28 unless we hit our projected maximum server capacity earlier.

there’s a maximum server capacity.

Multiple people, including community managers and on their live stream have said everyone who signs up, will get in.

They won’t hit maximum server capacity.

1 Like

Reading this conversation, I see and understand both of your opinions and you both have really good points.

The beta shouldn’t be paid for, but the opt in is more or less a risk because there’s a chance that you get in on the first day so you have a long time to play or in the last week so you only have a few days
remaining before the beta ends so it’s your choice to make that gamble.

However if you do buy the pack you get immediate access to the beta meaning you get in on day one. Now this is basically a way to get in the beta without making the risk of opting in. I would also like to point out the fact that the 40 dollars you pay for the pack is for the premium battle pass, the two legendary Cassidy and soldier 76 skins the 2000 credits and the profile picture, as RodiusPrime said the immediate access is like a thank you for buying the pack which in my opinion is safer than just opting in and hoping to get in earlier. There is also a content creator named BroYouWack who calculated and found a price for everything in the pack excluding the beta access and they all added up to more than the 40 dollars required to purchase the pack.

Now, If your intellectual prowess is too inferior that you fail to see this, than just don’t buy the pack.

1 Like