Welcome to the Overwatch 2 Beta

This is what I did. Decided £34.99 was cheap considering what you got. Saves me buying battlepasses in the future.

difference is that he can’t see the problem in exploiting the stupid halfwits and what kind of marketing they will continue using in the future.

they tacked on a closed beta access and a game you probably already own that’s going to be free in october.
all you’re spending money on is battlepass which will be just cosmetics.
that’s 40$ for cosmetics, and looking at it, it’s 2 special skins and the rest is things you can grind up for free simply by playing.

so really you’re just paying 40$ for 2 skins and a limited time beta access.

and no, it’s not guaranteed that you will be able to get into the closed beta if you opted into it, they will roll out invites til the servers are at max capacity.
you might not get in at all even if you opted into it, which is fine as it should be because it’s a closed beta.

however they sold that limited time access with 2 skins for 40$ and you don’t even care.
i’m sure you buy mounts with real money too and really liked the real money auction house in D3.

I can. But they aren’t exploiting anyone.

Next you will tell me someone offering you a free bottle of water when you buy a newspaper is exploiting people.

That is straight up misrepresenting it. You’ve forgetten the in game credits and premium battlepass, worth around $30… the special surprise that is probably at least $5. The skins they are giving will be $5-$10 each… you are probably talking a minimum of $60 worth of stuff for 40. That is being conservative on their prices and ignoring any value you might put on the beta (as it isn’t worth anything).

Exactly, the beta is just a bonus for buying The watchpoint pack that includes the premium battle pass that should be around $10, the 2 legendary skins which are each worth $10 dollars (if you’re wondering how I priced a legendary skin is because a legendary overwatch league skin is worth 200 league tokens which is worth $10) the 2000 credits which I would say are also $10 to $15 and the worthless profile picture which should be around $1 or less,

1 Like

Exactly.

Do I think any of this stuff is “worth” what they are going to sell it for? That is really relevant. That is just what it will cost. So the pack is at a discount.

If you have $40 to burn, go nuts. To me, that was small change so I paid it. To others that’s a lot, and they will rightly choose not to pay.

1 Like

And blizzard aren’t exploiting the stupid halfwits. They’re putting a product for sale which is available for all of the consumers and clients interested in overwatch2 and the extra cosmetics and products included in the pack. It’s not blizzards fault that an amount of said clients are, as you said, stupid halfwits and don’t have much financial knowledge. They are also putting the watchpoint pack on sale because the game is going free to play on October so they are finding other money making methods.

Upon launch in October, you will receive the following Overwatch® 2 in-game content: Season 1 Premium Battle Pass, two (2) Legendary Space Raider Hero Skins, 2000 Overwatch® 2 Virtual Currency (Season 1 – 3 Premium Battle Passes will be available for 1000 Virtual Currency each)

Immediately receive Overwatch: Legendary Edition upon purchase.

so let’s break this down, you get 2 legendary space raider skins, overwatch legendary edition which is just overwatch which you probably already own and if you don’t you don’t need to play overwatch 2 pvp because it will be free.

and 2000 virtual in-game credit which i assume is something you can earn just like you always had in original overwatch.
3 battle passes that you will be able to buy for 1k in-game currency each which you probably can get by playing to earn those credits to buy those battle passes for free.

so still, where am i wrong here?

you’re buying things you can get for free and that will be free, aside from the legendary skins which i assume won’t be purchasable by in-game currency and it’s a limited offer item which is why i’m saying you’re paying for 2 skins and a beta access.

and the beta access isn’t impressive since the game is going to be free and it’s only a limited time access aswell.

And if you say that blizzard is a huge company that already makes millions, it is also a company that has hundreds of employees that are getting paid with part blizzard’s money as salary.

1 Like
  • Legendary skins will cost $$. Based of COD… these will be between $8 and $14, depending on the tie-in or if it comes bundles with other bits.
  • 2000 in-game credits will not be the same as your current currency, this is the same as COD points, costs about $10 for 1000, which you then use to buy passes and other stuff in game.
  • the 2000 credits are what you can use to buy future battlepasses. You get the first one so thats $10, plus 2000 which is enough to buy the next 2 (or other packs you might want.

so that

• $10 - premium pass
  • $20 - 2000 credits
  • $16 to $24 - skins
  • $?? suprise
  • $5 icon

so thats $51 to $59 worth (without factoring in the “surpise” or anything else we might have missed.

Bargain.

I get why you are confused. Go and play Warzone for a bit, you will see what you get and how the pricing works.

1 Like

Very well, I understand what you’re saying but you fail to realise that maybe some people don’t have overwatch 1, so they buy the beta to get overwatch legendary edition to play for a while before the sequel launches. They then buy the rest of the pack for the limited skins, the overwatch 2 credits which are different from overwatch 1 credits and the premium battle pass which is most likely to be priced at the same price as most battle passes which will be around ten dollars like the fortnite and apex legends battle passes. For the rest of us who aren’t
new to the game, some of us would like the immediate access and the battle pass with the credits (even if you can get them for free in game when it releases), we would also appreciate having the limited edition skins. For the others who don’t want to buy it and feel like it’s a scam, just don’t buy it.

so you can’t earn credits in overwatch 2 by playing?
if so that’s bigger news than this pack.

like 2000 credits costs nothing in current overwatch but playtime, and for me i could play a day and earn 1000 credit as of now which is why i don’t see the point in buying credits for 20$.
skins i get for free in lootboxes, and if lootboxes goes away i would assume i could still get them using credits from playing.

otherwise it’s just cosmetics for cash which is fine because i really don’t need cosmetics anyways, i get to enjoy them still since other people buy them and i can look at them using them since it’s a first person shooter i don’t get to see my skin that often anyways.

but yeah, bargain is really only a bargain if it’s something that you can’t get for free.

but please, since you have the download on overwatch 2, explain how overwatch 2 in-game currency will work because i was under the assumption it was going to be the same as in current overwatch.

if they don’t have overwatch 1 that’s nice because they’ll get to play a similar game that’s going to be free in 4 months from now.

if they are changing drastically how currency is going to work in OW2 then that’s news to me, if you can only use real money to get in-game currency that would be a completely different story.
but since i don’t have the information on it yet i can only assume what we currently have is what’s going to be there.

The devs said that Overwatch 1 credits are different from Overwatch 2 credits, they said that the overwatch 1 credits will be carried over to overwatch 2 but they will have a different use than the sequel’s currency. I believe that the overwatch 2 currency will be more like vbucks in fortnite and the only way to get them will be from micro transactions or from the very few that you get from the free battle pass, but that’s just what I think and I don’t know if I’m right.

You can. But that isn’t the same as credits. They will probably be used to buy legacy items (old OW1 stuff).

Lootboxes are gambling and deemed illegal in some countries, and many are trying to find ways to get rid of them. But battlepasses are perfect legal as there is no RNG gamble. You get what you pay for and earn.

Once the PvE starts, battlepasses can start to include things like XP boosts for that, or special PvE missions skins, and fun things like that.

Same as Warzone. They can’t take cash for items in-game (weird rules I don’t really care about). So they will sell you in-game credits, which you can then use to exchange for goods of that value.

Again, sticking with Warzone (as that is what OW2 is copying), CP (the Warzone points you buy) are bought in stacks ranging from 200 points to 15,000 points (sometimes with bonus points thrown in)

current prices
200 CP - £1.99
500 CP - £4.39
1,000 CP - £8.39 (100 CP bonus)
2,000 CP - £16.79
and so on (15,000 CP costs £123.99)

(for an OW example… look at how OWL tokens work, battlepass will be the same sort of cost. But once you have 1 premium pass, you will most likely be able to grind challenges through the season to earn more credits towards buying the next pass.)

The current in-game credits you’ve earnt will move over to OW2, but these won’t be the same. Maybe they will offer you the chance to use them to buy currency, I have no idea. But best guess is they will be able to be used to buy old OW1 content that doesn’t make sense to move into a battlepass (for now).

1 Like

The game won’t be that similar, there are 3 new heroes when the game launches, new maps and many reworks and some of the reworks are quite drastic such as Doomfist or Orisa.

i think i heard something that credits are not going to carry over but skins are.

as for overwatch 1 and 2 comparison, i said they would be similar, not the same in case you missed that distinction.

Credits are carrying over.
Skins are
All unopened loot boxes will be auto-opened

confirmed things.

1 Like

so they are going down the rabbit hole of microtransactions?
well as long they don’t put a character behind micro transaction i’m ok with it.

because putting a character behind a paywall is too similar to pay to win for my liking as playing some comps won’t be doable without a specific character that’s locked behind a pay wall.

You have a point here, if they make it so that we have to pay for a hero I will be incredibly disappointed in blizzard.

yeah, but if it’s like that you can’t get a battle pass by earning it by playing or getting in-game credits etc, the watch pack makes a whole lot more sense.

but since i don’t know how the credits will work i went under the assumption as i said earlier that it would be free by just playing just like it does in current overwatch, otherwise they need to be more transparent with that if that’s not gonna be the case.

because i would venture a guess there’s more people like me that would assume that you could earn those credits to pay for those things simply by playing.

but still, it’s rubbing me the wrong way that they added the beta access on a closed beta just for paying for cosmetics and OW2 goodies that’s not really necessary.

because i don’t think closed beta access should be a thing you should be able to pay your way into if it’s a free game.