What is blizzard's position on Tea Bagging?

I have been tea bagged so many times ive lost count and i really hate it. It’s like people saying hi to u after they killed you cause u can’t say hi back. It’s gotten so bad that i find myself doing it too now. But that’s not the kind of person i am. So to avoid this regressive developpement i want to know if tea bagging is a reportable offence?
And to all those people that think tea bagging is cool or no big deal then I’m sorry but u are wrong. It is disrespectful and destroys the positive environnement of the game. If u start to let small deviant behaviours like this go unpunished who’s to say what will come next. People will keep doing worse and worse things untill they hit the wall.

So you going to report yourself then?

8 Likes

You may not realise it but your reply is in itself toxic. That’s the problem toxic behaviour is becoming more and more common place and people don’t realise it.

Winchester his reply is not toxic.

He practically means:

“If you were to report others for this, would you do it yourself and if so would you reflect onto yourself for doing this?”

So practically saying, “Follow the rules you make yourself too”

Blizzard has not brought out a statement regarding t-bagging, though it is reportable if the community deems it as something that’s not allowed within the game.

4 Likes

So Winchester’s post isnt toxic huh? ok well i know where u stand enough to know not to waste my time arguing with you xD. At least, it’s clear you are a tea bag defender. But then it is pretty common place. Unfortunately, kids are not taught the value of respect anymore. Dissolution of values due to bad parenting.

like all response they have none at all
do you ever see someone in these forums haha

So in my formal response you go out of your way to disrespect me?

It’s not my problem what happens to these t-baggers, though i just inform you that it’s up to the playerbase wheter or not it is.

1 Like

Just seems weird, someone calling out T-Bagging, then admitting to doing it to others himself.

Might be considered unsportsmanlike but hey, its a fantasy pixel world after all.

Seems it happens in the majority of multiplayer games.
Seek revenge by winning the game.

3 Likes

It’s not weird. I am just honest most people only show you the side of the truth that suits them or makes them look good. I show the whole truth. But yeah if u really want to know the details i must have been tbagged like 100+ times and done it like 3 times. So gratz on focusing on the relevant part of my post.
And btw i never tbagged and always hated it. But i play alot of ow and doing it back is sometimes the only way to get back at people who do it to you. And i don’t want to lower myself to this level thats why i made this thread to ask if tbagging is a reportable offence.

At the end of the day, its just a game, some players take enjoyment out of triggering others, some dont.
If it triggers you that much, then maybe multiplayer games are not right for you, cos daft stuff like that happens all the time, in your case 100+ virtual nether regions have been slammed into you.

Me, I wouldn’t do it, just seems pointless, I prefer to grav charge an opponent(s) into the abyss. TO THE ABYSS I TELL YOU!

1 Like

It’s sad cause the more people with power let bad behaviour go unpunished the more people will be abusif to each other. And it seems that the only defense is to become a less and less caring human being. You said it urself getting triggered is apparently a form of weakness. But the truth is its not. It’s actually the sign of a healthy individual who just wants to be treated with the respect he deserves.
So, yes your approach is of laxist and defeatist. Which i do not share.

It depends. I have done it on occasion, but only when I’ve been killed over and over by the same, let’s say, Genji, and when he then blades and I manage to hook him or pin him against a wall… Yeah, it’s hard to resist then.

I also do it sometimes to my own teammates just as a joke, but usually only when we’re on voice chat together so we can have a laugh about it.

Teabagging just because you feel good about “pwning” the opponent is rude, however not enough for me to report for it.

You getting all defensive and calling other people toxic because they point out the flaws in your original argument, though, is pretty childish - and it’s playing right into the hands of the several people out there who think rude behaviour is acceptable just because people shouldn’t be snowflakes.

Well i think it’s funny how these forums are always about finding the flaw in peoples posts rather than giving feedback about the subject the OP is trying to adress. I’m a human being, my post will always have some kind of mistake in it. Does that make me childish? No, it makes me human.

Argument still stands, though. You complain about teabagging while stating you do it yourself as well, and then get upset when someone calls you out on that.

To the topic at hand, to me the entire concept of toxicity is all in the intention of the players. Saying “noob”, for instance, can have several connotations. Stating “okay, noobs, let’s win this” before a match has an entirely different meaning than “my team is full of noobs” when the match is finished. Same word, “noob”, entirely different connotation.

Same with teabagging. Repeatedly teabagging the same person because you kill him a few times, only to show dominance, is rude and annoying. Doing it once as a joke move, or in the examples I described above (ulting Genji, own teammates, …) it is pretty harmless.

Toxicity for me is the intention and the meaning behind something, not just the word or the act itself. Reducing it to words and acts alone without any meaning behind it, completely devaluates it and, as said, gives ammunition to the people excusing real toxic behaviour.

2 Likes

Call me out? I said of my own free will that yes i have bagged to get some kind of justice against those who do it to me. So there is nothing to call out. Your simply stating something i myself told you. There is no call out. Also, I made this thread to get a reply to a simple inquiry being can you report people for t bagging. So, that I don’t have to resort to t bagging myself when there is no other way of getting a sense of justice. I have yet to get an answer. So far just alot of people calling me this and that and basically flaming.

Okay then, if you are not even interested in discussing the topic: there is no straight answer to your question. If you feel someone is misbehaving, feel free to report, and Blizzard will decide if action is needed. Usually that means action if the player in question gets enough reports.

And disagreeing with you on something or trying to debate something, is not flaming. In fact, your overly defensive reaction, together with your assumption that we are “kids” - while I have kids myself - is a lot more rude than anything else people have told you in this thread.

1 Like

Thank you. That’s all i wanted to know. I don’t use these forums for debating. I just use them to tell blizzard stuff i can’t in any other way or to ask a simple question which i cant find the answer on google. To me debating on subjective issues is an endless and fruitless endeavour.

SYSTEM is literally the most positive person on this forum, you are an obvious troll. someone shut this thread down.

I don’t know who you are or who u think u are xD but im not a troll so i would appuiciate not being called one ty.

You don’t like being called a troll, yet you label me as someone who would waste your time?

What is this kind of logic?

Also he’s a forum user with more posts than you, that’s who he is.

2 Likes