Why is Moira in a "FPS Competitive Shooter"?

Seriously, why is a hero that has no risk but high reward in this game. Her kit is just way too easy. She has got a “get out of anything” ability on a short cool down. Free damage with her E and MB2. High amounts of AOE healing. She can also use E and MB1 to heal allies and herself, not to mention the self heal she has by doing damage with a weapon that has a soft lock. She also has a fairly small/thin hit box. She can 1 v 1 almost any character (excluding tanks) in the game and win. It takes minimal skill to play this hero and get high reward.
Another character that is easy to play is Mercy. However, she does not offer high reward unless you have really mastered her, which takes skill. Its very easy to differentiate a bad mercy from a good one, and that is how an “easy hero” should be designed.
In my opinion, Moira really needs a big nerf. Maybe remove the soft lock on her weapon and increase her SHIFT ability cool down or make is such that she cant escape Grav.

7 Likes

I’d be more worried about Mercy. She legit doesn’t need to use her gun at all. Doesn’t matter how much aiming it requires if you never use it.

2 Likes

Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when people played a game called Unreal Tournament and ran death matches where you could only use one weapon, the “super instagib rifle”. It was an age where men were MEN and women were WOMEN. There were no silly abilities, no team work, no easy-ass Ana nades, no Morias, no Mercy, nothing… nothing but PURE AIMING SKILL! URRRRGHHH!!! :muscle:

And you know what? It was boring… But don’t take my word for it. Go ahead and play instagib rifle fun time and see how long it takes you to get bored.

1 Like

Moira isnt in an fps competative shooter

She is in a Competative hero shooter with moba like elements

6 Likes

I skipped like 6-7 years playing CS:GO, just recently I have read some article that it has mach making as well so I went back checking it and WoW just WoW, this game changed so freaking much from it’s initial state, when it was just a revamped source with some custom skins and achies but still it feels weird to play it.
Where are my health pack, where is my Mercy :unicorn::unicorn::unicorn:, pls someone rez :smiley:
Someone dmgs you down to 30hp then you have to keep hiding the rest of the round camping.

a hero that has no risk but high reward

What’s this based on?

Her kit is just way too easy.

Wow, given that you have zero hours on Moira I’m amazed that you think she’s easy.

She has got a “get out of anything” ability on a short cool down.

It doesn’t “get out of anything”, it gets you out of melee range with a second of invulnerability before you get shot and killed.

Free damage with her E

“All Widow has to do is click on people, clearly an EZ hero.”

High amounts of AOE healing.

Yes, as a healer her job is to heal things. That is the point.

a weapon that has a soft lock

There is no lock, “soft” or otherwise. If you cannot avoid her it’s because you’re bad.

She also has a fairly small/thin hit box.

She is substantially larger than Ana, who has the same amount of health.

She can 1 v 1 almost any character

Only if the enemy is bad… in which case it really doesn’t matter what hero you pick.

It takes minimal skill to play this hero and get high reward.

Wrong, why don’t you try her out and get to GM?

Another character that is easy to play is Mercy.

Nope, Mercy requires a great deal of skill.

Moira really needs a big nerf.

Nope, Moira is balanced and fair.

Maybe remove the soft lock on her weapon

Already done! Since it literally never existed.

increase her SHIFT ability cool down or make is such that she cant escape Grav.

“Make it so that instead of avoiding damage, she doesn’t”. Yeah and then let’s remove Widow’s ability to score critical hits, because that’s overpowered. Let’s take away Genji’s legs because if he can move I can’t hit him. Please delete the hero called “Payload”, my team keeps asking me to stand near it when I’m busy spawn camping the enemy!

5 Likes

why is reindhart, why is symetra, why zarya, why winsotn… WHY??? because its not COUNTER STRIKE

3 Likes

To be fair, instagib was the only thing I played for a year straight back in Q3. It was pretty fun.

2 Likes

imgur . com/VOTNrnF

This is how big Moira’s aim target is. If you have a target within the circle they will take damage. It’s not a lock-on, just a huge reticle.

Then get off the Overwatch forums and go play it. :sweat_smile:

Yes, I lack the ability to enjoy alot of different things. :frowning:

The point is that you would rather play OW over instagib. Or, are you now going to tell me that you spend all day, every day playing instagib rifles just to prove a point to someone on a forum? When was the last time you played it? Honestly?

See, the problem is people on here will often say anything if they think it’ll prove their point even when it’s blatantly untrue. So stop trying to prove me wrong and face facts. You play OW because it’s got many variables and that makes it interesting.

People will happily use abilities and advantages that favour their play style whilst simultaneously label and decry abilities that kill them as OP or unfair, or take no skill ect-ect-ect… It’s stupid and it’s tiresome.

Blizz has designed a game that provides disadvantages (challenges) and advantages in many areas for each hero. The “Moira takes no skill” and “Widow takes all the skill” are fantasies. In reality, Widow has advantages to off-set the challenges and Moira has challenges in areas that you just aren’t willing or unable to identify.

It’s great game design, but a lot of players don’t see that. All they see is “Moira takes no skill” and they come to the forums to cry about it. :sleeping:

This Kronos guy doesn’t understand the game and that’s led him here to complain. Then the people who understand game design have to argue with the people who don’t understand game design, and it’s a waste of everyone’s time.

So, that’s why I made a jokey post about the instagib rifle. The subject is boring so I want to entertain myself a bit. I didn’t intend to have to argue with you about how it’s actually “pretty fun”. You’re supposed to understand the satire of my post and get the message that’s obviously there.

But that goes over your head, because you’d rather argue about how it’s actually fun, because fun is subjective and therefor an opinion and everyone can have an opinion. :yum:

That’s why I’m not really interested in arguing with you about the merits of instagib fun time. To me it’s boring. If you think it’s the funnest thing ever then you can go play it. All you’re doing is trying to prove me wrong and letting the actual message that I was giving fly over your head. It’s transparent, as are most discussions on this forum.

And this is exactly why they cant balance it. If you argue that Overwatch is many things it makes it harder to balance than a more focused game.

Very true. I have a masters degree and I did my FYP on game balance. As soon as you start implementing more variables than Rock/Paper/Scissors, your game will become unbalanced. The goal with game balance here isn’t to achieve perfect balance because that’s straight up impossible. The goal is simply to try and get it as close as you can. We will NEVER achieve balance and if we did, the game would be boring because we would either have rock/paper/scissors or a complete mirror match which is BORING. :sleeping:

Hence why the argument is not whether characters like Moira should exist but whether characters like Moira should be as strong as they are.

Well, I know how much you think Mercy requires no skill, so I’ll use a rough quote from Jeff himself regarding her. Jeff once said something like “We don’t want Mercy to be overpowered or underpowered, we want Mercy to be balanced”. Meaning, he wants the hero to be as well balanced against every other hero in the roster. Judging from your comments in the past, you think Mercy takes no skill and thus shouldn’t be able to compete with Ana, right? However, Jeff doesn’t think in those terms. He wants all heroes to be balanced, because he knows that heroes like Mercy have skill requirements (challenges) in areas that people like you are unable/unwilling to see, but are there regardless. That’s because Jeff is a game designer and you are not.

Saying “This hero takes less skill and thus needs to be nerfed” is bad game design. It’s not the philosophy that the design team has, and imo that’s good.

So, as you probably have a similar opinion about Moira, the same can be said for her.

Now, I’m not even saying that Moira isn’t OP. She might be. But you people should be careful when citing “skill required” as justification to nerf a hero into the ground, because most of you simply aren’t able to identify the skills required to play these heroes. I’m not a Moira player, but I can see the skills required. I’m not an Ana player, but I can see the skills required, and I can also see the areas in which Ana has big advantages over other heroes which make up for those challenges.

The issue is when I speak to people who can only identify the challenges (Aiming) but disregard the advantages (massive heals, easy to use nade). I’m pretty sure I’ve had this debate with you before and I know me pointing these things out risk me having to rehash that boring debate with you again, because once again, you’re only going to be able to view things in the way that supports your preconceptions that Mercy / Moira / whoever take no skill and Ana is for pro l33t gamers. :yum:

We can have that argument again, but honestly what’s the point? Ultimately it’s your opinion against mine and I’d rather debate it with someone fresh than you, because sorry but you’re just a brick wall set in your ways and I’m sure you think the same about me. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

What happened? I just said it was a fun gamemode.

The whole point is a hero like Moira being stronger than average is worse than a hero like Widowmaker being stronger than average because more people can take advantage of a no-aim character. Its pretty obvious seeing the pick rates of Moira now and the pick rates of Tracer before Brigitte was introduced.

1 Like

Then get off the Overwatch forums and go play it. :sweat_smile:

Ok, you just went from a reasonable person to pretty stupid.