Why is Moira in a "FPS Competitive Shooter"?

Despite the fact that there technically is no soft lock, it doesn’t change the fact that its too easy to 1v1 DPS like Tracer Genji. They are supposed to be the masters of that. And before you call me bad for not being able to 1v1 a moira, just remember we’re not all high rank. This isnt even my real complaint though. My complaint is that my moira’s always decide to do damage and flank like said DPS instead of healing, and we loose because we have not enough heals. And before you say that, ‘you dont need heals to win’, consider that it is MUCH MUCH harder to play without it. Its detrimental to the game no matter how you look at it.

IT isnt an fps comp shooter, its a moba shooter

You need to tell Blizzard that. They are missing some very important genres in their descriptions it seems.

Wow you literally are the worst trolll ive ever seen. flagged.
Overwatch is just about as many MOBA features as Runescape has Minecraft features… you can craft and mine in both games.

Well isnt ability management, team comps, matchups, tank and support Play, supporting in general moba features?

Tank healer support? Yeah those are MMO features.

This is why its a poor comparison:

MOBAS blur the lines way more and are divided into strength, agility and magic.
with sub roles like:
Ganker, initiator, pusher, support, hard carry, jungler
A hero can be any of these things. IO is a strength healer/support .Antimage is an agility HARD carry and jungler.
you get more creative freedom in mobas.

Mobas require you to manage:
Gold
Mana
health
armor
Passive skill tree
Active skill tree (what ability do i use my skill points on and when)
time based cooldowns
last hits
Item knowledge
The minimap

You need to predict what the enemy team is doing way more:

Are they Roshing?
Are they ganking?
Are they farming?
Are they going for runes?
are they buying this or that item?
Is the enemy carry online?
Is the enemy

Hero difficulty and complexity:

Invoker has 3 skills Quas Wex and Exort that he needs to combine to get specific abilities:

QQQ: cold snap
QQW: ghost walk
QQE: ice wall
WWW: emp
WWQ: tornado
WWE: alacrity
EEE: sunstrike
EEQ: forge spirit
EEW: meteor
QWE: deaf blast

(notice how just one moba hero has more complexity then the entire overwatch cast.)

Meepo needs to manage items for 5 characters at the same time, if one of them dies all of them die.

What you are doing is this : ‘‘Well…a skateboard has 4 wheels so these are general car features right?’’ its really flippant.

“WHY IS MOIRA IN A “FPS COMPETITIVE SHOOTER”

I don’t need to read the rest,
here is the answer,
for the same reason that Doomfist is in this game.

Kinda right and kinda wrong. Kinda right because Doomfist requires less aim than most other DPS, same as Reaper really. Kinda wrong because Moira is still a braindead character.

1 Like

Not really… doomfists rocket punch requires pixel perfect accuracy like a widow headshot… otherwise you glide though your target like a heavily lubed fist through roadhogs arsehole

Its called ghost fisting and its been a problem with doomfist since they altered his attack hitbox after his release

1 Like

I don’t play him so I didn’t know he is still buggy. I did actually check overbuff and he appears to be the third most picked offensive character overall (yea, overbuff still has the outdated distinction) and the most picked one in GM so he is in a good place.

Just because he is picked alot doesnt mean he is particularly powerful or not glitchy as hell

Take rein for instance forever he was most picked tank but he has more bugs than a new york mattress

1 Like

The best players pick the most efficient heroes. This has been proven time and time again with different metas, Tracer for example who used to be the top1 GM DPS but disappeared after Brigitte’s release.

He is a good character despite the bugs.

Again we’re arguing around skill brackets

Doomfist may well be great in GM However which rank is likely to have players with pixel perfect accuracy?

He is picked alot over all ranks just like widow but if you dont have the accuracy to force value out of either a difficult character or a glitchy one then it lowers their overall strength in the mean average of the ranks

Top 3 out of what, a dozen heroes? Still above the average, like always I am not sure why you are even arguing other than trying to increase your post count with spam.

I could ask you the same thing

It is a claim substantiated with stats, therefore arguing against it is pointless. Me pointing out the pointlessness is not arguing, it is stating a fact.

Statistics are not everything that is a major pitfall that all polticians fall into aswell

Yes the facts may show he is most picked… it doesnt show “why” he is most picked you can assume all you like as to why… but it does not make you correct

As they say when you assume you make an a55 out of u and me

More fun than Rocket Arena!?!?! I think nay!