Can't log in to SCII

so for users on Windows Insider builds, the latest build contains this fix: “We’ve fixed an issue causing some games and applications to crash at launch or fail to install.” and that fixed the authentication issue in SC2. not sure what fix is need for those on Windows retail builds

1 Like

Thankx man, I will try tomorrow boot the other HDD with the RETAIL BUILD OFFICIAL 1909, because I’m stuck on the 20152 and tried to update to 20161, 20170, 20175, and all the updates are stuck at 30% on second boot, so i’m stuck on the 20152 on my SSD, so later I will boot my normal HDD with the official 1909 and see if I can login. On both windows I use the same installation of SC2, OW, SC1, Call of Duty, etc all my games where working OK on both Windows.

For some reason I am unable to log in to the game in the European region after patching today. Battle.net runs fine, but when I start the game the authentication fails and I get an error message saying blizzard services is temporarily unavailable and a option to play offline. I get the same problem with US-region, but for som reason the asian region works fine.

1 Like

i am getting the exact same error…

every time i switch to americas/europe i need to update to
5.0.0.80949 but i can’t login. But when i switch to asia i need to update again and it reverts to version 4.12.1.80188 but it works and i can play…help!

apparently, removing/deleting the Starcraft II Public Test.exe from the sc2 folder fixes the game…hth

3 Likes

I’ve been having the same/similar issue since the update.

Battle app logs in fine but when I try to log into starcraft it wont connect and offers the play offline option. If I then try to log in I get a window telling me that Blizzard is currently being updated yet the patch was obviously days ago now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a similar problem - I am constantly told "Eroor - battle.net is down for maintenance. Please try again later - it has been like that for two days.

Thanks. This trick worked for me as well. That is, removing/deleting the Starcraft II Public Test.exe. Although I only renamed it.

Thanks a lot, donned the game a year ago because I couldn’t login… No answer nowhere. Removing the file did the trick! :+1:

Blizzard is gonna fail soon 100%, all players are leaving…, you deserve to close all operations, data collectors, spying, controlling, even original blizzard game dvd disks are not usable anymore…so it’s game over for blizzard!!!