Disable Arcade for Russia players for lenght of invasion

Hello,

I don’t think all Russians are bad and that all support invasion, but allowing full acess for Russians to arcade games isn’t okay. These days they are very toxic and they are kicking from lobbies/games or trolling people from Ukraine or post-soviet republics.

By allowing them to play only competetive, this toxicity will be almost non-existent and people can play safe without hearing things like “you are next”, “Your are nazi” etc. Mostly Ukraines will be able to play safe. There are so many russians in EU these days.

So my idea to support peaceful solution and non-toxic comunnity is to not allow people joining from Russia to play arcade for each day of invasion. Countdown will start with with first day of this solution, not first day of invasion. That way before Russians join back, they will also have some time to think about it and be calm when joining back.

There is also business side for Blizzard, but I think it should be okay, because higher toxicity means less EU players. With it non-existent we will have more EU players and less toxic Russian. I think it is also not good for reputation that SC2 arcade started to be mostly Russian…

3 Likes

I second that. For the nation being under sanctions they seem to be feeling way too comfortable ingame. After all, banning transactions in RUB changes little when the game is F2P, right?

I just don’t get it. When Russia annexed Crimea, Blizz banned all accounts of Crimeans. Why the same can’t be done to Russians now?

At least please adjust an algorithm that searches for an ally in Co-op to not match players with those who are in their blocklist, so I can block each and every Russian I encounter for myself.