Game doesnt launch since the new patch? anyone else?

Hi everyone! We’ve been seeing a lot of your reports and been investigating the issues causing it, we don’t yet know the cause or have a fix right now, but as soon as we do I will be able to update you.
Sorry you have been in the dark the last few days on this matter.

I’ve had apparent success by changing to windowed borderless via the Nvidia controls. Maybe that helps?

1 Like

Can’t play SC2 at all now, crashes every time immediately after logging in since the last update. @blizzard if it clearly doesn’t work and causes lots of problems after an update - roll it back to the previous version! Cannot play the game that I’ve paid for.
E1B52A53-2237-41E3-A8BD-B93E79B22C97

Same here, just updated today to 4.12.1.80188 and logins on battlenet but not SC2, it ask you again for credentials, you put it and it doesn’t give you an error just ask again for credentials, a similar issue happened before:

battlenet loads fine ,just stuck on password and credentials when starting sc2
correct details ,entered

I’m experiencing this issue too, straight after the patch it would take 15+ mins to start, now that window with a green bar only shows for several seconds, but it’s still pretty annoying compared to how snappy it was before. Did you add new DRM to the game in the latest patch?

You claim the key to your Blizzard Account (which is a form of DRM), so nothing was changed in that respect.

The investigation is still ongoing but things seem better than right after the patch now? Are you all getting this “green bar”?

Having the same issue…it says “game is running” on the battle.net app but nothing happens even after waiting forever…after awhile the “launching…” button becomes “play” again (but there’s still the grey “game is running” text). I tried hitting the play button again didn’t work. Also tried leaving it alone and didn’t work either.

I’m on MacOS Catalina.

yes my game starts normally now again with the new new patch!
everything is back to normal. i can play the game normally now.
thank you

I am still getting the same issue… :frowning:

that had issue 2 weeks ago, it was resolved when a new SC2 patch came out. since today i got it again.

Same issue since today. The SC2 exe launches and the loading bar is moving but that’s it.
If I leave it for 15 minutes or more, then the game pops up.

Same issue as reported. Fix / repair found no issue. Waiting did not help. SOLUTION: disconnect / reconnect your network quickly. It break the infinite wait cycle, loads the game and passes AUTH from battlenet

4 Likes

Issue has returned for me as well as of today.

same for me. issue is back as of today. Is very frustrating, anyone can help?

Waiting for about 20 mins now and the game doesn’t to want start. Tried on two machines with Catalina, the problem is the same on both.

i do not know if has any relation, but for me also the mouse scrolling is not working. it happened the same some weeks ago together with the delayed launching and then suddenly fixed until today that appeared again. Macos catalina. I have the game on a pc with windows 10, no issue.

Same problem for me,
so far i tried:

• relaunch battlenet
  • relaunch sc2
  • restart pc
  • running battlenet and sc2.exe as admin

Now i deleted the game and tried to reinstall it, but the download does not even start, just says that it is initializing files.

What is this? :frowning:

THIS! Had the same issue, and decided this as a hail mary. Worked instantly. Thank you kindly sir!

It just started for me as of today. I played the game just fine this morning, but later in the afternoon, it didn’t want to load the game anymore. The temporary solution is to start in offline mode and then log in, in the game and then I can play once again, but its annoying to do it everytime.

I got the same issue. Reinstallled everything etc. but still the green bar waiting for launching. Argh!