Regarding CO-OP generally (an idea)

i don’t know where else to post this , so i’m sorry if it’s in the wrong place :slight_smile:
anyways ,into the subject…
i would like to point out that ,the co-op really need some more attention than this ,the game mode has so much potential and has so much room to improve , my suggest/idea that i’ve wanted to see it in game for so long is , have more than just 2 players co-op , a co-op can go up to 4 players , maybe bigger maps , and new objectives , i know i’m asking for something big but it’s definitely worth it to have 2 and 3 and 4 players , each type has its own maps like , 2 players co-op as it is right now , let’s call it small maps “even tho it’s not small” , 3 players co-op medium size maps with slightly different objectives OR just wider scale objectives , or just do both ,4 players co-op would be large maps with so much bigger objectives and even harder enemies with scaling to 4x to match 4 players .
that would bring up so many players together and even more new players into the game .
i can really see brighter future in co-op as well with such idea being in it .
i hope the developers will notice this ,and discuss it at least.
i wish everyone a good day :slight_smile:

1 Like

An major problem with Starcraft 2 is the performance, at the moment I cannot max Zerglings as Kerrigan and Stetman because the game has to process too much information. If it is on my end, my partner or just Starcraft is beyond me.

If they were to try more players they would likely have to halve max supply cap to compensate.

“Bigger” maps is not impossible. Currently map makers are limited to approximately the usual laddermaps size, though if that limits Blizzard with the actuall game code I have no idea.

The battlefield could artifically be increased however by simply reducing unit models size, speed and range by 50%, and zoom the camera a little to give the impression that things are the same.

It is unlikely that they will make any drastical changes to Starcraft 2 since higher ups responsible for staff allocation took a great deal of the team away for other projects, but the feedback youve given will hopefully be used if we ever get Starcraft 3 or for that sake Warcraft 4.

personally and as per the last time i’ve played “which not so long ago” i had no issues with capacity nor the game’s performance ,and i have played with even stukov while my co-op partner playing with another zerg “including Kerrigan/Dehaka” and my game just performed just fine with no lag ,and i have it on max graphics , unless this is something very recent happening , i wouldn’t know about it.

oh ,i did not know about the Staff part , when did that happen ? i’m in no surprise we barely get any updates lately either .

I cannot find the exact post but in the Battlenet browser if you go to Starcraft in Latest news and check Starcraft II Update - October 15, 2020 you can read some of it. Quick quote:

We’re going to continue supporting StarCraft II in the same manner as we have with our previous longstanding games, such as Brood War, focusing primarily on what our core and competitive communities care about most. What this means is that we’re not going to be producing additional for-purchase content, such as Commanders and War Chests, but we will continue doing season rolls and necessary balance fixes moving forward.
On that last note, we’re not planning a Q4 balance update given that we did one a few months ago, but as always, we do plan to continue doing them as needed in the future. StarCraft II esports, which is part of the highest echelon of professional competitive gaming, will also continue going strong as it has been through our partners ESL Gaming and GSL.

We know some of our players have been looking forward to some of the things we’re moving away from, but the good news is this change will free us up to think about what’s next, not just with regard to StarCraft II, but for the StarCraft universe as a whole.

We have gotten two patches after this post, fixing Coop bugs and unintended multiplayer map details so it is not completely abandoned. But do not hold your breath on major stuff like campaigns or coop commanders.