Sc2 wont launch right away,long loading bar

I found the solution, when the loading bars appear after clicking Play just open CMD and type these in : ipconfig /release & ping -n 2 127.0.0.1 & ipconfig /renew

Credit to : TheG - Posted Solution

44 Likes

This actually works. Thank you for the quick fix.

I hope Blizzard will fix this issue at it seems to be a server authentication issue on their end. It is really disappointing that it has not been fixed yet, especially for us consumers who are supporting them by purchasing their games. I just want to play the Single Player Campaign and yet have to go through all these hassles. It’s really extremely disappointing from a consumer standpoint.

1 Like

Yeah had the same issue but the command above solved the problem for windows. Very sad that this is not sorted yet from the Blizzard’s side.

When only will fix ???

What happen Blizzard … been months still can’t fix this problem???

3 Likes

just type in below text into cmd when the problem occurs.

ipconfig /release & ping -n 2 127.0.0.1 & ipconfig /renew

5 Likes

You da real MVP man!!

got new update but problem still the same

2 Likes

still didn’t launch the game.

2 Likes

Hope they fix this. its kinda annoying using cmd just to release and renew but well its the best solution atm.

2 Likes

for me its not working lol i think blizz completely abandon the SC now haha

nice… but doing this everytime you want to play is going to be tedious.

This worked for me: Launch and when the loadingbar appears you disconnect the Internet connection. The game will launch. Then you can connect to Internet again. I have to do this every time I launch the game so this is not be best solution.

5 Likes

nice this works. Thank you.

So the “solution” is disconnecting the internet or running a CMD command each time I want to play?
Is this acceptable by Blizzard??? What a joke, I re-installed the game after a year and this is the welcome I get, uninstalling as I write this.

4 Likes

Worked like a charm!

Problem still exists. Wanted to play for one or two rounds after 3-4 Moths and a loading screen is the only thing I saw for 15 minutes, bevor the game startet.
Is it that hard to fix this problem?

2 Likes

This is really bad. It looks like don’t give a damn about customers. Hope they go under, they don’t deserve our money

2 Likes

actually this just started to happen to me too after i just updated nvidia driver update 465.89. just loads for about 5 mins with a white box.

1 Like

I started having the same loading issue about 3 days ago that caused SC2 to take a few minutes to start. For some reason I also had some mouse-issues.

I just reinstalled the game and that completely fixed everything for me. (MacOS Catalina 10.15.7).