Sc2 wont launch right away,long loading bar

Same here.
Yesterday was everything fine.
And today SC2 starts very laggy.
I made no updates in the meantime.

1 Like

The game is frozen right now. It was playable 30 minutes ago. It’s blizzards fault for sure.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. When launching SC2 from the BNet launcher, it “hangs” while trying to load (a window pops up) and the only option is “cancel”. Previously, the game would launch instantly.
Definitely something going on with the game and Blizzard servers.
I have not yet tried any of the fixes here, but the point - as others have indicated - is this should not be on the consumer to resolve. This game isnt even a new game, it’s MANY years old. These kinds of issues should not be happening and certainly shouldn’t have been ongoing for OVER two years now.
Typical Blizzard, take the money and run.

Oh, for those trying the CMD prompt line, you shouldn’t have to ping that IP. Just:
ipconfig /release
(Enter)
ipconfig /renew
(Enter)

All this is doing is telling your computer to give up your current IP address to your router and grab a new one. This is essentially “unplugging your computer from the internet”, breaking connection with Blizzard, and re-establishing it…by which point the game should be launching because, I speculate, Blizzard will let you play the game if you don’t have an internet connection. The problem here is we are all getting stuck on the “Connectivity” portion of it first, which is an annoyance, and not required.
Blizzard. Fix. Your. Sht.

2 Likes

Looks like Blizzard deleted my comment.
At least they’re doing something on this thread, right?

Same situation here, reinstall / refresh windows defender exclusions does not help, only turning off network for short period of time (vide ipconfig renew) Please help us Blizzard :pray:

I got the same issue here, I downloaded the game for the first time last night and played some campaign. I wanted to play again and got The neverending load. fun game, weird that this issue started so long ago and still hasn’t been fixed

See the following thread: [Main Thread] Game not loading after clicking Play - #167 by Talv-2620 - Technical Support - SC2 Forums

It is a problem involving the config files in /SC2Data
The following steps worked for me in fixing the issue permanently:

• Navigate to SC2 installation directory / SC2Data
  • You should have 3 folders here. Rename config to config_bak to prevent accidental data loss.
  • Download https://mega.nz/file/Iv40HQhA#HxU1dltcjLKhf5iyapPkfIdZEDhvKzuQkQ9ONpb-hS4 (config.zip) - it contains all essential TACT configs from my old SC2 installation.
  • Extract downloaded zip to SC2Data so that it’ll replace your older config folder.
    Notice: The config files I’ve zipped might only be compatible with SC2 installed in enUS.
5 Likes

Thank you very much!

Works on EU too. :+1:

awesome workaround my friend this worked for me thanks! :pray::heart: