Sc2 wont launch right away,long loading bar

I was sceptic but this actually seemed to work! How did you ever figure out how to do this? Thanks!

I compared the SC2Data files with a fresh installation where I didnā€™t have this issue.

Took me a while, but was worth it :stuck_out_tongue: .

3 Likes

Thaks for this. One question though. What file extention should the file have?

1 Like

It shouldnā€™t have a file extension. Open notepad, copy the contents in. When you choose save, make it like this:
ā€œ3b938eed7536396b1d7a000ca9b2cd39ā€
Including the quotation marks. Once you save it, the file type will just say File

Thank you. Unfortunately it doesnt work for me :confused:

Just make sure you arenā€™t adding anything else to the file name except for what I put above. Include the quotations, and remove any file extensions from the name. You can leave the .txt in the ā€œSave as type:ā€ option. It will understand itā€™s no file type by the quotations around the file name.

Thank you. I have made sure that the only thing in the name of the file is as you indicate. Also triple checked that there were nothing extra in the files itself, other than what @Sharmii wrote.

It only works with an empty (no space or anything) line at the end. So the file should have 3 lines where the last line is empty.

Make sure the directory is right: <sc directory>\SC2Data\config\3b\93\

If it still doesnā€™t work, try a reboot (I know, I knowā€¦ but it often helpsā€¦ you should give it a try)

Also I found this thread ([Main Thread] Game not loading after clicking Play - #258 by Spartsou-1446 - Technical Support - SC2 Forums), where someone uploaded his sc2data config - They actually came up with the same solution, they are using the same file. You can download the whole directory and either try to replace all files or just the one - I recommend you backup your directory first though.

Maybe it depends on the language that SC2 runs in. Are you using English?

4 Likes

That worked! Thanks alot!

Which one worked? Did you have to copy the whole directory?

Still happening today, only fix is the

ipconfig /release & ping -n 2 127.0.0.1 & ipconfig /renew

command someone posted earlier

Thanks a lot. The problem is still here, but maybe not so big anymore. It took 2-5 minutes to launch.
I think it started after i played some custom arcade games (Minute Micro Challanges).

it work ty you alot for helping!

Hi all, how is this still an issue? It is getting worse, for me it started as 15 seconds, it was 2 minutes few months ago, now it is even longer (and I donā€™t care to measure it now). How am I expected to run a CMD command 80% when I want to play SC2? Is this SC2 now?

I also have this problem, Blizzard please fix it!

I also have this problem now after reinstall, Why Blizzard?

To automate the command, you can copy the command: ipconfig /release & ping -n 2 127.0.0.1 & ipconfig /renew
Create an empty text file and open it in notepad. Paste the command into the file. Then choose save as, and save it as some_name.bat. Place it on your desktop and just run it when you want to play SC2.

2 Likes

I wonder how many more months/years before blizzard fixes this, what an incompetent bunch of selfish pricks, they get your money then leave us to find way to fix their stuff.
I have had this problem for months now, getting tired of having to go to cmd just to release and renew ipconfig.

blizzard and riot fighting on who can avoid a gamebreaking bug the longest

Hi everyone.

Iā€™m having the same issue, two years after the first report. The ā€œipconfig /release & ping -n 2 127.0.0.1 & ipconfig /renewā€ fix works perfectly.

Iā€™ve tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game and battle.net, without success.

Moreover, Iā€™me quite sure that the problem isnā€™t linked to any update. I played Starcraft II yesterday night without any issue. I havenā€™t updated anything on this computer since then, and the problem just started happening without any reason. It really seems like a random extremely laggy server hampering the game launch.

2 Likes