StarCraft encountered bad game data

llegaron a solucionar tu problema.
yo tengo el mismo error…

Instalé todos los idiomas que parecían chino y luego le di a la opción de Asia y pude ejecutar el juego. Prueben

ATTN BLIZZARD: I have important information if you wish to resolve this issue you should probably read this post.

I am using Linux with KDE / Kubuntu 20.04 LTS. Normally, people like me would never post here because in 99% of issues our ability to run the game is an issue with wine configuration and prefixes.

I of course ran into this problem and figured, as usual, Blizzard updated something and now in order to get the game running I simply needed to go through updating my prefix to match whatever was “new”. I tried at first running the app through different versions of windows ( Win XP, 7, 8.1, 10, all failed to same error ) Deleting the old prefix and reinstalling entirely through Lutris, all fonts and neccesarry backfiles and DXVK and all…and…still I was getting this bug.

So I decided to come here and see if native windows users were experiencing anything, then came across @RanianAlive Post to simply change the region to Asia. Lo and behold, this worked.

Think about that for a second. The fix to change the game to whatever backend Asia is working on also works when running the game for us Linux users.

SO WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Simple: No offense Bliz, but ya done goofed. This can only happen if whatever updates you have made in the last month or so have severely broken the backend. Likely, the game is failing with this error as it connects, and is bugged in such a way that it confuses corrupted server files for corrupted local files - thus resulting in users being told to repair their game to of course no avail. I cannot confirm this as I do not have access to Blizzards servers, but I would be 90% sure this is the case. Likely, only affecting certain hardware configurations ( This would explain the failure happening regardless of software configuration ). I can only run into this problem on my thinkpad t450, and cannot reproduce it on my desktop running a custom pc-gaming-rig build.

TL;DR Blizzard needs to revert all of these changes, using the current Asia backend as a snapshot, or this bug is going to get worse. Much worse.

1 Like

Estimado…yo tenia el mismo problema que tu…tenia instalado la versión en español pero solo la americana y me tiraba ese error…para solucionar el problema…tuve que instalar las 2 versiones en español…la europea y la americana…creo que por esta razon el juego encontraba escasez de algunos archivos. No hice ninguna reinstalacion. Fui a opciones… a modificar instalacion e instalar ambos idiomas del juego.

yo tengo el mismo problema no puedo iniciar el juego.

Resolvi el problema cambiando el lenguaje de español a ingles

me pasa exactamente lo mismo, compre el juego hace algunos días y me aparece ese error… blizzard alguna actualización para resolver este problema?

I am having the same issue. I can get it to work if I change it to the Asia region. It won’t run with the Americas region though.
Please help Blizzard!!

Hey, in my computer, it was set on Spanish, I just turned it into English and worked. I sounded stupid at the beginning but it really worked!

I’ve not change the region , but have changed the language from russian to english, and this helps. Thanks all for the advices