The game server timed out when creating a game

Haven’t been able to make customs with my friends for 4+ days now. Really a bummer over holiday vacation – was hoping to spend some of my time off gaming but I guess not on SC2.

1 Like

I wonder if this is how SC2 finally dies. What a shame, just wanted to play some games over the holidays, but I guess that’s not happening.

1 Like

The same problem Global_Timeout, please solve this soon.

1 Like

Crazy that this has been going on for so long. Still no melee, and barely any arcade games can get through. Through sheer number of attempts people are starting/joining games.

When are you going to fix this issue? Especially over the holiday it is not funny at all when you are not able to play anything else than 1v1… this is not funny anymore!

Seems oddly suspicious that they took the majority of the SC2 servers offline right as another of their RTS games fails epicly. Ask yourself, “cui bono.”

Nobody took anything offline, customs stopped working which is like 5% of the playerbase, with coop, 1v1, and teams still working fine.

WC3 released literally a year ago. It’s a bit late, definitely not “right as”.

Not many people will want to play WC3 just because part of StarCraft is broken. They’re very different games.

Nobody will leave a game for server issues, to go to a game with more server issues.

Cant even play 4v4 games atm. and been like this for days now, everytime i ge The game server timed our when creating the game.!

funny part is that people plays most when they are on holidays. most players will go play other games, and NOT Blizzard games.

If you’re going to force us to use your sh**y servers to play cooperative, the least you could do, is ensure that they remain working during the one damned time of the year that many people have the time available to play. I don’t care that your support staff need down time too - they should be taking vacations when the player numbers are NOT at their highest. And how about the professionalism of an announcement?

This (and blitz***ng is why I won’t buy Blizzard any more.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I’ve combined a few different threads on this topic so we can try to keep it all in one place.

As some may have noticed already, we’ve posted more recent updates about this situation in a similar thread on the US forums here:

We’ll try to keep this one up-to-date as well, but those looking for the most recent info may want to keep an eye on both.

I can definitely understand it’s a frustrating situation, especially so with the extra time during the holidays, and not being able to spend it playing your favorite games is of course disappointing.

Thanks for your continued patience for now I hope you’re all still enjoying the holidays!

Have you ever heard of holidays embargo? Do not do major updates to servers just before holidays.

1 Like

Have you tried rebooting the servers?

1 Like

Seems like the issue is with EU servers, other servers seems to be ok.

I am on the NA servers and this is a problem there too.

I wanted to say that Swapping between game modes seems to permit you to play - but its not fool proof. By swapping i mean play one of lets say 2v2, then go play 3v3. it should let you most of the time

I also want to note that I played a qualifying match and it immediately let me join. I won the match, but it did not give me any sort of placement. Something here is broken.

1 Like

Same shit here. I can play 1v1 but not team.

WTF. Please xxxxing fix it.

2 Likes

entire holidays unable to play SC2, get your finger out Blizzard…

Can’t play simple 4 vs 4 on UK (EU) Servers with the stupid message “game could not be created”…

We all should get some kind of good will gesture and free game upgrade for everyone in this thread.

On the plus side, i’m now a master on Mortal Kombat 11

1 Like

I finally came back to try and play some starcraft 2 custom games to unwind…and all I get are error messages about my internet being down or the world server being down.
I call BS on Blizzard cause I checked D3 which had no problems logging on, my firewall settings, etc. They were fine! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth
If Blizzard keeps up this lack of help for one of its best games it will loose a large chunk of it’s fan base!

2 Likes

1 week+ and counting of downtime is not acceptable. And yet the official response of this Fortune 500 megacorporation is that their entire staff is “off for the holidays.” Bull. Seriously seems to me like they want to migrate the SC2 custom maps scene over to WC3 Reforged, where they can steal the IPs from custom map creators.

2 Likes