Why no sky Terran army?

So lately there has been a lot of talk about possible rebalancing the current meta in SC2. My question is why no one wants to change the Banshee, at the moment this unit is only built to harass in the early game if seen at all. Why not change its cost or its stats so it’s viable as a normal combat unit? I would like to see a Terran army consisting of Vikings, Banshees and other fliers. Right now Zerg and the Protoss utilize all their flying units as openers and even well into late game (Void Ray, Muta, Corruptor, Pheonix, Viper and the Oracle). In my opinion Terran would be more enjoyable to watch if there was a possibility for a 3rd viable path alongside bio and mech. Give the Banshee and the Viking some love.

1 Like

I like this idea because Terrans going bio choose 1 mech upgrade based on which unit they want to support with. It’s always Vehicle and Ship Plating for mass Widow Mines or Vehicle Weapons for mass Siege Tanks. Ship Weapons seems to be purely for Vikings to counter mass air, and even then it’s underused.

The change I’d like to see: Merge the 2 attacks into 1, same as how the Marauder was changed. Right now the Banshee does 12(+1)*2 damage, so that enemy Armour counts twice against total damage, and also has 1:1 ratio with every attack upgrade the Banshee gets. The norm is for units to get about +10% rounded up for each attack. The current Banshee makes relatively bad use of the Ship Weapons upgrade, and as a game goes on gets especially worse against opponent Armour.

24(+3) damage I think is fair enough to ask for. For context: Zerglings get 5(+1), Roaches 16(+2), Archons 25(+3), Siege Tanks 15(+2), so plenty of examples already going over +10%. This could make Banshees actually worth upgrading into the late game without changing much at all about how they work in the early game.

1 Like