Why won't Blizzard block persistent game droppers?

I get so tired of being put in games with players or bots that drop every single game, and what I find almost as frustrating as the droppers themselves, is the fact that Blizzard has never seen fit to do something about it!

I don’t know if Reporting these players actually achieve anything. but even if it does, the response time is so slow it renders the system worthless.
There are players who have been online for hours and who haven’t stayed in a single game for more than 5 sec.

It can’t be that difficult to create an algorithm to detect and block a player that consistently drop games, can it? Really, I’m asking because I don’t understand Blizzard’s attitude of seemingly turning a blind eye to people sabotaging their platform.

1 Like

I don’t see how throwing games would ever be a problem, if you play ladder and drop games you lose mmr so you end up in bronze league, I don’t see how ppl throwing games would ever be a problem to anyone, especially in 1v1 ladder what everyone plays anyways, and if you’re playing 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 more than 1v1, then that’s the problem, and not the ppl throwing games

What are you talking about!
Firstly, not everyone cares about mmr, so even if I was playing 1v1, I would still regard the dropper as wasting my time.
Your second point is just nonsense so I don’t know why you even bothered including it.

This is the issue, it is called League Dropping and is condemned by Blizzard.
The problem is that more skilled people that intentionally leave matches for the purpose of dropping MMR ends up ruining the experience for bottom of the MMR players and new players.

This is condemned by Blizzard, though my best guess is that they roll out bans at some regular intervals like the schedualled maintance check that happens every week after some manual reviews has skimmed through it.

Even IF! they do rolling out bans in the way you describe, I think we can all agree it is a hopelessly ineffectual system and they should have developed something better.

Blizzard doesn’t care. At all.
I’ve reported a guy who’s done multiple team kills and extremely toxic chat in 4v4. Nothing happened.
I’ve also reported a guy in 1v1 who said he would rape my family. Nothing happened.
The last guy I reported said 15-20 times in chat while playing (!) that I should get cancer and die. He really wished that I would die in real life. I needed to block him in game and report him to continue playing. But AGAIN no action done by Blizzard.
Because apparently Blizzard DOES NOT CARE whether SC2 is taken over by lunatics and whether it dies out as a result…