How to play orignal version?

Hi,
How do I install the original version of the game? I purchased it on battle.net, but when I install it, it installs the Reforged version.

3 Likes

Reforged is the base client that is used to play the game through Battle.net, we currently don’t support or have a way to install a “classic” WC3 client.

1 Like

Yeah, because paying 40 Euro for an unoptimized 30 Gb pile of garbage without ladder, with a restrictive EULA and missing promised feature is the ‘support’ we are being offered.
More than a year without any relevant update.
But hey, it’s not the experience “we wanted”, right?!

7 Likes

I totally understand this is not your fault, but don’t you think it’s ridiculous that a ruined new game is preventing to play the old masterpiece?

Ruining a new game is okay (actually, not okay, far from okay, but let’s say it’s ‘acceptable’ if I don’t buy it), but the new game is blocking the old game, which can be considered a legend? This is totally nonsense.

What’s done is done, but in my opinion, Blizzard shouldn’t touch the classic unless you are serious about the new reforged one.

• I am quite sure you guys are very busy, outnumbered by the countless works to do to keep the reforged in tight, but this is the result that originated from the lack of resources, which is the evidence that Blizzard is not seriously considering this game as a worth title anymore.
1 Like

thats the neat part, you cant

you just have to find the CD (or the CD image I guess, if it’s legal) and not update it

2 Likes

You need to download them from here:

while look for your digital bought game keys at your account under Games & Subscriptions

Wait… Where do I get CD keys? Because I purchased WC3 reforged and I can’t see any CD keys for warcraft 3 reforged or any other versions in there… Sorry if this is a bit out of topic

dude I give you little tip it’s called: google it