I bought Warcraft 3 Reforged, but launcher does not detect the purchase

Hi,

I bought Warcraft 3 Reforged: Spoils of War edition earlier today, but the launcher does not seem to detect the purchase. I was able to install the game by choosing to continue without logging in, but when I enter it, the content just doesn’t seem to be there. I can only play the Classic Warcraft 3, despite my purchase earlier today. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? I’ve tried clearing the cache of the launcher by deleting it from %ProgramData%, Local AppData, and Roaming. Please assist.

5 Likes

Gosh, it’s the 3rd topic on this forum, and yet no reply. I’ve opened a “tech support ticket to work this out”.

I can't instal WC3:R that I own

1 Like

1. Open the Battle.net app
2. Click the Battle.net logo at the top left and select Log Out
3. Before logging in click the Cog Wheel icon (the gear) above your email address
4. Click “Continue without logging in”
5. On the Warcraft 3 page you should now see an Install button. Install the game fully.
6. After the game is installed log into the Battle.net app again and it should show Play.

2 Likes

Hi i have got a same problem and your post didnt helped me. I downloaded it through website, but after opening a game i cannot login - there is error: “there was an error in handling the request”

Greetings Masho,

After the purchase it may take a few minutes until our system picks up the changes you made to your Battle.net account and you also need to restart the Battle.net app.

If you still have the same error message when you try to launch the game now, please reset the password for your Battle.net account and that should force an update of your account information so that you can play the game.

1 Like

this worked for me

Dear @Popatschol,

I am facing the same problem as reflected in the original post. I purchased Warcraft 3 reforged 10 hours ago. Each time I enter the game, it tells me “There was an error in handling the request” and then prompts me to login.

I have noticed that in the Battle.net application, navigating to “All Games”, Warcraft 3 reforged is in the group of “Installed Games” but not under “My Games”. Is there a chance that you system has not yet picked up on the changes after 10 hours?

Best regards,
Blue

1 Like

I have the same problem as the OP.

I’ve changed my password but it hasn’t changed a thing.
I’ve also tried the @Vimph’s suggestion but to no avail.

It has been 10+ hours since I purchased the game not a few minutes.
I’ve noticed that the game is not on My Games regardless of the order being labelled as Complete on my Account Details.

This is outrageous, especially knowing that, since the game executable is the same for people that have been playing Classic Warcraft III (without the Reforged upgrade) the 2 hours allowed for the refund will probably be harder to evaluate.
In my personal example: I had way over 2 hours of game play before purchasing Reforged and now, after purchasing it, despite the fact that I know I’ve had the game opened for a maximum of 10 minutes, if asking for a refund, I’ll have to trust the agent I’m talking with to take the screenshots as proof that I can’t play the game.
All this while waiting that the issue is resolved in less than 14 days, while the average response time for the tickets is over 24 hours…

This is completely outrageous.

I’ve recently tried your suggestion.
It works in regards of allowing the game to be downloaded, however, I still can’t turn on the Reforged mode.

After trying a few suggestion of the community and the moderators, I’m still unable to play the game with the Reforged skins.

I have way more than 2 hours of game play prior to the Reforged upgrade.
Since the only proof I have are screenshots, I will have to trust the agent I deal with takes it as valid so I can ask for a refund.
Considering I have 14 days and the response time is over 24 hours, I have to pray to the Light that the issue is fixed before this time so I can apply for a refund…

It really is frustrating dealing with this…

I have the same problem as the original poster. I bought warcraft 3 reforged yesterday and couldn’t install it.

After trying the trick by restarting the battle.net desktop app without logging in I could install the game.

But it’s not playable. I get the “There was an error in handling the request” and then prompts me to login.

I have tried to change my battle.net password and restart the battle.net desktop app but I still get the same error. I get the same error if I try to enter my credentials in the “login screen” inside warcraft 3 after tapping OK on my battle.net authenticator.

Hi

Just an update to whoever follows or enter this thread. I opened a ticket and stated my problem. After first getting an automated reply with a lot of BS I refused to accept that and stated this is a problem (I do play a lot of other blizzard games) and then a GM replied that “I understand” and “let’s see what we can do about this”…

And that “sometimes a transaction takes > 24 hours to complete”

“you should be able to play soon”

Well now the game is working as intended, at least I could launch warcraft 3 reforged and play the first level as orc/Thrall.

1 Like

20 posts were split to a new topic: [Main Thread] Purchased Game - Does not Show in App/Error Processing Request on login - July 2023