RTX 2080 overheating

I’ve just decided to finish the WC3 campaign yesterday and what I saw shocked me… I’ve noticed loud sound coming from my GPU and I decided to run MSI afterburner to check my temps, since the last week is been quite hot in UK. My GPU temp never passed 75-76 degrees on a very hot day in games like WoW, BF5, DOOM, RE2 remastered on max settings so when I saw 82-83 degrees in WC3 reforged I couldn’t believe it… after I lowered all settings to Low the temp went back to normal ( medium settings didn’t help). I don’t remember having this issue when the game launched and I was wondering if anyone else have experienced the same issue?

The rest of your system specs may be also affecting things, but my guess here is that it could be the FPS may be ramping up too high.

If you know your monitor Refresh Rate, if you set the FPS cap in the game to match this it may help here.

If the issue persists, please upload your system files to pastebin.com and reply with the links to the files using the preformatted text option to encapsulate the links.

Its definitely not the rest of my specs: I7 9700k CPU, 32GBs DDR4 ram and game is installed on SSD. About my monitor, its a ultrawide 3440x1440 Acer predator with G-sync. Its set to 100 hz ( it can be OC to 120 but I prefer not to) and my FPS is capped at 100 aswell using MSI afterburner…

A quick update: I’ve just decided to try playing again since today its not that hot and UK and the ambient temp is much lower. My GPU is now sitting on 76-77C at max settings which is definitely better than yesterday but I still wonder is WC3 reforged really that demanding, because even WoW BFA doesnt push my GPU to that temp on max settings?