"Unable to initialize audio" - Fixes don't work

Just bought a brand new PC and thought I would give one of my old favorites a spin, to no luck. I look at several topics for an answer, but none worked.

The first suggestion is to switch to 5.1, which I already use by default.
The second is to remove Nahimic or Sonic Studio/Radar. My PC has neither of these.
The third is to switch sound devices, so I switched it to the PC’s default sound output as opposed to my speakers, no luck. Though, even if it were successful that would need to be fixed.
The fourth is to run audio troubleshooter, and the “virtual agent” in windows 10 says nothing is wrong, plays a tone through my speakers.
The fifth is to turn off sound effects and enhancements, which there is no proper option for me. ALTHOUGH, I did find something similar under the properties of my sound device under the ‘advanced’ tab. It stated “enable audio enhancements”. I unchecked it, it did nothing.
The sixth was to update audio drivers, and I don’t have the option. Again, this computer is less than a day old.
The seventh was to disable audio devices. I did this to all of them, except the one in use. No luck. Then, I did this to all of them, even the one I would use. No luck.

The ONE thing I was able to do to open this game was to plug in headphones (Stealth 600 through USB) to open the game. Then, after unplugging the headphones audio would work until you tabbed out. Afterwards the game would hardly run, it was so lagged.

There has to be another fix for this, and I would love to get some more suggestions. I’ve spent over two hours trying to make a 20 year old game work, which is pretty embarrassing for both me and Blizzard.

Can you please upload your system files to pastebin.com and reply with the links to the files using the preformatted text option to encapsulate the links.

Windows 10 Setup Fix (for me)
Open: Sound Settings
Output: Device Properties
Open: Related Settings: Additional Device Properties
Select: Advanced (tab)
Uncheck: Allow applications to take exclusive control of the device. (Both boxes should be unchecked, and ‘Give exclusive mode applications priority.’ should be grayed out.)

Restart game and it worked.