Warcraft 3 map files, being installed into C:

I set the installation path to a specific folder (C:\Blizzard Games\Warcraft III), everything looks fine at first, but as soon as I launch the game, all the base map files that come with the game, are installed into system root C:\ for some reason.

This never happened to me before.

Please fix this.

I have the same problem and in the game itself, the maps are not found, even if they are also in the documents folder.

There are older forum entries here that describe exactly the same problem but so far without a solution.

Clear re-installation does not help or at most for the 1st game, after a new restart the problem occurs again and again.

1 Like

I have been able to find a solution:

Try to disable your antivirus program temporarily to see if the maps are appearing. If not, try reinstalling the game with the antivirus disabled.

1 Like

so yeah suddenly today it started doing this and playing custom maps became impossible. I do not know if it was the disabling of the antivirus or if it was me thoroughly going through regedit and removing any mention of warcraft, but after that and reinstall it works again… Insane bullshit though