Ideas to change the covenant abilityes in the talent trees to match the classes

Welcome To This Thread!!

Here i will make a list of the covenant abilityes reworked if they don’t fit with the class in my opinion :smile:
i take this idea from Whisperer’s Thread that suggested to change them, and now i made a thread about how to change them.
Here’s My List of Adaptions:

Soul Rot Reworked:

(recolor) The effect would make much more sense if it had a Dark Purple recolor, i mean, how is blue part of the warlock colors?

Shifting Powers Reworked:

ok so: This one has a bit of things that it can do thought i had an idea for each spec that would make it have more sense.
(Frost) Creates an icy ground and uses the effect of the winterveil heartstone
(Fire) Creates on the ground fire and a mini fire tornado
(Arcane) Creates a circle of arcane runes on the ground and arcane leylines float around.

Adaptive Swarm Reworked:

Ferocious Swarm (Renamed)
(Recolor) as a feral cat, this ability dosen’t make much sense, but still, to make it nature-ish, i would suggest to reskin it as a bunch of insects that go towards the enemyes and do a Red effect on the target they affect.

The Hunt Reworked:

(Recolor) instead of charging up with a fae blue, make fel flames appear around the demon hunter/huntress and the charge with more fire-ish effect.

Blessing of Seasons Reworked:

Blessings of Faith (Renamed)
(Blessing of Spring old) Blessing of Altruism [Yellow Tint]
(Blessing of Summer old) Blessing of the Crusader [Red Tint]
(Blessing of Autumn old) Blessing of Devotion [Yellow with White tones]
(Blessing of Winter old) Blessing of the Righteous Knight. [White with Yellow tones]

Bonedust Brew Reworked:

Stormsout Brew (Renamed)
(recolor) Instead of the necrolord one, why not just make the ability look like a small cup of beer that goes to the ground?

Faeline Stomp Reworked:

Niuzao’s Stomp (rename).
(recolor) for this one i think that it should change for the spec:
(MM) a white with a small tone of green
(WM) a white with a small tone of azzure

Spear of Bastion Reworked:

Spear of the Gladiator (Renamed)
The spear is replaced by your weapon and creates around it a small ground effect and a bunch of spikes sourround the area and put chains to connect them. The enemy is Trapped in YOUR ground now!.

Readiant Spark Reworked:

Radiant Rune (Renamed)
(recolor) Instead of the Kyrian Azzure make it Light Purple and instead of the kyrian symbol put an arcane rune instead!

Echoing Reprimand Reworked:

Echoing Shadow (renamed)
(recolor) since it’s a rouge ability, rouges are more Shady, Misterious, (kinda) evil. so i think here that it should be Dark Purple and the combo point is no longer blue but Purple.

Serrated bone Spike Reworked:

Serrated Knife (Renamed)
Instead of a pointy bone, replace it with a throwable knife and make the green effect red Bleed :hocho:

Sepsis Reworked:

Instead of a blue one replace it with a red color mixed with some slight dark Green. after all, Sepsis is an infection

Mindgames Reworked:

Instead of the red color replace it with 2 different things for each spec, like the mage one. here’s my idea:
(Holy/Discipline) Holy chains that go around the enemy
(Shadow) Replace the red with slighty dark Purple

Weapons of Order Reworked:

Celestials Empower (renamed)
(recolor) instead of the kyrian azzure add a Dark Yellow Tint, Brewmasters can

Convoke of Spirit Reworked:

Convoke of Nature (Renamed)
(recolor) Instead of the Fae Blue make it Lime, cause they convoke the power of nature, NOT of spirits

Elysian Decree Reworked:

Soul Rune (Renamed)
(recolor) Put a giant dark green rune on the ground, Vengance DHs have runes that are dark magic, not azzure.

Fodder to the Flame Reworked:

(recolor) Instead of the Dark Green make it Lime with Fel Flames.

share your thoughts or give me more ideas, they are always welcome as Constructive critisism!
and if more get added list will be subject to change!
words to… You!

:arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down:

5 Likes

Very nicely done! I can’t stand the night fae aesthetics and naming.
I have to disagree with bonedust brew though. Since monks derive their lore from chinese monks and medicine i dont think bonedust is that farfetched (they use dried human placentas afterall…).

2 Likes

well, that is something i didn’t know!

1 Like

Ancient Aftershock- keep effect colour the same, as it looks pretty good. Make use of the knockdown effect by giving it a chance to proc a snare like Entangling Roots for an extra 3 seconds or something

wait, the fae warrior ability is in the talent trees?

Would assume it is, not looked at warrior talent trees yet - might give it a go later

I believe the only active warrior ability from covenants is The Spear of Bastion. We already have a similar ability called Ravager that will only be avaiable to Protection warriors. It would have been better if they combined those spells into one. Like a Ravanger that lock its target in place…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.