COVENANT abilities in Dragonflight that doesn't fit with CLASS theme

I agree, these spells ruin the class fantasy for me immensely. Give them new visuals or get rid of them, I don’t know make Shifting power into a phoenix egg bursting in flames or something, don’t make me use these as they are I hate it

1 Like

it is Niu as in Niú 牛, cow

1 Like

ohhh, thank you!!

i had an idea for it in my other thread about that ability, go check it out if you want :slight_smile:

Imagine Shifting Power for mage sending out waves of elemental magic like a fast-spamming Arcane Explosion. I’d feel like an archon of badass. >:D Imagine transparent waves of flame pulsing out of you every second.

I agree with the OP. Get those fixed up if they’re gonna be carried over (and I would argue most of them shouldn’t be but oh well)

1 Like

i proposed in my thread this:

instead of the fae seed magic

SPEAR OF BASTION pls tell me this is gone

it’s in the talent tree of warriors :expressionless:

neeeeeeiiiiiiiinnn ! my worst fear (in wow) has come true, warrior iz ruined

tho is my idea to change it’s appearence good?

1 Like

It sure is, the blue beams are the most un warrior like thing ever. bit honestly, throwing a chain that does an aoe damage zone that you stand in for critical chance is not in line with warrior fantasy at all. they could make it metal chains, but what kind of non magical spear does those other effect. but ye, changing the looks it is the least they must do

edit: i just read you idea in the other post. it makes alot more sense :stuck_out_tongue: still hate the ability and think it’s unwarriorlike due to the buff you get from standing in the(in your suggestion’s case) whirlwond xd

1 Like

Neither is Thunderclap really. I don’t see the problem with warriors having magical abilities, it’s wow.

thunderclap fits, because you strike the ground super hard there is no magic …

i had another idea for Spear of bastion instead… why not make it have spikes around the area that are connected with small chains? like a portable mini arena

Yes because thunderclaps normally happen when you hit the ground really hard, no magic involved there.

Good thing Mindgames fits Shadow Priest perfectly, I just hope it gets a more Shadowy color.

yes I would like it, anything that is true to their class fantasy

I can’t tell if serious or not.

Literally insect swarm.

Illidan

Really?

And 12 people have agreed. Then again, I’m not surprised, there’s people who record themselves doing Tiktok dances.

It’s almost like you’re being purposely obtuse and ignoring the OP’s clarification of what they meant by unthematic.

It’s important that even those with disabilities and other mitigating circumstances get to participate in the thread so I’ll reiterate it for you.

It does not necessarily mean the ability is named wrongly or even that the ability in concept is unthematic. They explicitly (adj. stated clearly and in detail, leaving no room for confusion or doubt) state that it is the visuals and the type of damage that is not in line with the class fantasy.

1. Soul Rot. “I can’t tell if serious or not” is not an argument. The ability uses blue visuals associated with Ardenweald and nature and even does nature damage. Where in a warlocks kit have you ever seen nature damage?

2. Adaptive swarm. It’s an “insect swarm” with no insects in the animation? And the spell derives its colour palette, animation and lore from Maldraxxus. I don’t typically associate druidism with ooze monsters and abominations fighting in skeletal colosseums.

3. The Hunt. Once again, the name of the ability is irrelevant to the thread. No, Illidan does not use blue magic and flowers. If you want to see what I’d expect from “The Hunt” look at his HoTS ability.

TikTok comment is a cringeworthy non-sequitur.

1 Like

Well you haven’t addressed the argument, so the issue is on your part.
You probably didn’t understand.

I feel so too, thank you.

Also does Shadow damage. If it REALLY was insect attack, it’d be either Physical or Nature. But even Blizzard doesn’t classify it as such.

Also does Nature damage.