“Extinct race”

Delete this please…

3 Likes

I think he apologized because a lot of people were mad at him. If you can get more people to be mad about the Helf thing maybe he’ll apologize for that too.

Well it’s been two years. I think people are over it, especially with the introduction of Void elves. And trust me there was ALOT of people that were angry during that time. Twitter was on fire, Reddit, Forums, blogs.

But it’s just something I noticed.

Alliance “High Elves” are functionally extinct.

There’s literally not enough of them to really sustain a future population unless they’re engaging in serious breeding programs and considering the Silver Covenant is a wholly military High Elf organisation? I doubt the available parents are going up.

And yet Void elves are lore-wise lower population wise than High elves. They are a small group of outcasts.

Same with the Night elves who are now almost extinct.

If they are a race that is supposed to be almost extinct than why don’t we see evidence of that in the game? Why is there more High elf NPC’s than gnome NPC’s and why are they relevant almost every expansion. It’s like the game is saying one thing, and lore is saying another.

Even more High elf NPC’s were added in Legion in Stormwind

4 Likes

I do believe they said they were too similar to blood elves so they couldn’t make them a playable race for the Alliance. Meanwhile, they added Nightborne which look exactly the same as night elves, just with barely visible tattoos, Highmountain, which are just tauren with different horns, and mag’har orcs, which are literally the same orcs just brown.

Blizzard has a major problem staying consistent with their own bs

3 Likes

I noticed this too. That’s why I never believe anything they say. In November they said more customizations was coming and now they say no customization in Shadowlands. Like what?

I mean… blind eyes, new haircuts and more would qualify as new customization so that bit I think they delivered on.

I mean that’s because the game cannot technically handle the representing the actual populations of places.

I’m not anti High Elves, I like them, but the Alliance sided ones are a “dying race” a la the Mass Effect Krogan. Which tbh I think Blizz should kinda address, because that would be an opportunity for cool stories.

Nightborne look much more different enough, from their posture to their literal hair and eyebrow texture they have the most unique new model of the ARs besides Male KTs and Zandalari.

Those were fine by Blizzards logic because they weren’t cross-faction.

1 Like

I always confuse Nightborne with Nightelves actually. However, they do have an ugly texture/graphics.

And only the females have a unique standing pose. Males are the same pose as Nelves.

Most unique allied race is KT, and Vulpera. But then, KT are just bigger humans

1 Like

That’s not true at all though. There’s the Silver Covenant which is thriving, and as seen with the whole deal on Isle of Thunder their population is doing well enough to have a viable army to rival that of blood elves.
I do understand that this is gameplay vs lore, but since all lore stems from the game, what the game says is law, and everything written past that isn’t canon if it conflicts with what is seen in game

2 Likes

This :100:

That’s all I’m saying.

I’m not trying to argue that they should be playable. We already have Void elves.

I’m trying to argue that the game shows them having a bigger population then what Ion says.

1 Like

Ions arguments against a lot of things are really awful, he’s a lot like those certain forum posters that are just against things just to be contrarian/against it because of personal bias. He’s really just a raider, and that’s why raiding has been such a ‘focus’ with all kinds of stuff since he took over. He’s really awful with class design, lore, PvP, anything else really. We’ve probably seen more High Elves in game, in important scenarios than Pandaren since MoP. Also we had the BFA cinematic of Greymane talking about ‘this is the last of them’ last of the soldiers for the war showing off how many people the bulk of the Alliance lost in BFA.

6 Likes

the exact customization for high elves is now a part of blood elf customization.

Give up already. They’re not going to add another elf race that’s EXACTLY blood elf, but named high elf. That’s why void elves are different with hairstyle on purpose.

I’m sorry but Did you even read?

2 Likes

yea. Ion gave this and that reason. This is invalid and that’s debatable so we’re good to go for a high elf for alliance.

And i already told you. Give up.

Give up on what? I’m confused

On both the apology and having a high elf race.

That is my main problem with void elves. My mage is a void elf, but she’s specifically female because only the females have haircuts that don’t look stupid beyond all reckoning.
They should just stop their nonsense and give void elves the possibility for the same haircuts as blood elves, and the same hair colors.
My argument here is that Alleria, who is essentially void elf prime, does not have stupid tentacles sprouting from her scalp, so why should we as the players? There’s nothing to justify this nonsense, because if it did, then every shadow priest should by default lost their normal hair options for that of tentacles

2 Likes

Lol nameless NPC’s in game.

Until Blizzard comes out and says otherwise their population status is still very much the same as it was when Blizzard told us that they’re a fallen, functionally extinct race.