šŸŽ­ GD Chat Room (Part 1)

the ā€œsilliā€ he said is herring, its traditional islanders food on the coast, fishers eat fish :smiley:

1 Like

That mash looks lengers cuz.

looks good to me

1 Like

the silli he talked about means herring, lidl sells good ready to be cooked of these if dont want to go through the trouble of making the whole process with breadcrumbs and everything from the scratch and gone fishing :smiley:

pretty much same as your fish and chips in UK but mashed potatoes instead chips and instead codfish the islanders and ppl at coast used herring.

I once cooked pike on grill one summer with 100g butter in its belly and garlic/onion and herbs, ppl said it tasted like butter and garlic :smiley:

1 Like

As an ex trout farmer, i can say absolutely anythingwould improve the flavour of that fish - its as bland as hell otherwise

Its a joke it doesnt taste anything :smiley:

And ppl who fish perch for dinner like I used to at old cabin by sea just throw pikes away cause its seen as trash

Theres finnish joke about cooking pike by putting sausage on its belly and wrap the fish on foil and put on grill, once cooked the pike is thrown to forest and the sausage aten.

1 Like

We like to eat smoked muikku. Very good fish. :yum:

1 Like

Now Im hangry, fried vendance with mashed potatoes and cranberry or cucumbers :ok_hand:

https://visitsavonlinna.fi/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2023/01/muikku-vendace-local-food-lake-saimaa-savonlinna.jpg

They put it in vodka shots in lapland at Kuusamo atleast, call it ā€œkitkan viisasā€ (the Sage of Lake) lake name kitka so could translate it as kitkas wisdom, it was funny drink with laplanders sense of humour, I miss lapland :smile:

https://kuusamonkala.fi/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/kuusamonkala-kitkanviisas-drinkki.jpg

1 Like

The cat had been licking its ownerā€™s tears for half an hour.

Mama Cat Song - The Singing Cat Catchy Tune

1 Like

Cat meme.exe crash, my last for the day :joy:

1 Like

When the Healer demands payment

1 Like

What? Thats a missquote and not at any point have I said I have drank anything as the full quote would show, nor I have habit of drinking in general. What kind of comment is that to make for somebody or were you trying to insult in which case Ill just put ignore :thinking:

1 Like

I think there is people regulars here who do team up and flag together to silence undesirable posters

But i dont think its a conspiracy.

More of a control game.

If the forums is that important to them they will act like this.

And well there is alot of people who are around here nearly everyday.

So it isnt really surprising either if they have slightly lost sight of reality outside of these forums.

2 Likes

Ive tasted my share of such and now days I filter straightly with ignore if I encounter any bit of toxicity, I dont use forum to participate on it anyways so I use the tools provided to filter myself from it pretty much instead of start engaging further in it.

People should hold sort of civil decorum in any case when addressing each others, especially if not know so well.

1 Like

I made the mistake of being a regular poster here when i was in a pretty deep and dark place in life.

As a result i developed a pretty negative reputation around here.

It used to bother me quite alot because this was one of my only outlets at the time.

Now however things changed for the better so i dont really hang around here like i used to, once this month sub is out ill be gone yet again.

Only really popped back to wish people a good new year.

Unfortunately you get a month of access.

You cant just buy a day pass lol.

2 Likes

Oooh am I the 4000th post? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

It seems to be 3538 posts on the side of the thread, where did you look for this? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes! have a cookie!

1 Like

Iā€™m currently sitting on 3574/2575ā€¦

Vandyā€¦ You need to lay off the biscottiā€¦

I was wondering too where he got the number but I wasnt sure if I was the one seeing something wrong :smiley:

1 Like