:grimacing:

2 Likes

Yorkshire Tea will do that.

1 Like

vldl are the best.

3 Likes

Id call that fair play

2 Likes

I am off for the weekennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd!!!

So tomorrow I am getting up at 7 and taking Wee Fergus to Montrose so he can get his first beach before it gets crowded.

Dundee has already slapped a ā€œNO DOGS ALLOWED!!!ā€ on the beach at Broughty Ferry, presumably, they donā€™t want dogs disturbing the nice people leaving their garbage all over it.

Thatā€™s fine. Montrose has a nicer beach anyway and Roscoe loves the rocky outcrop splitting the beaches he can climb

I guess Iā€™ll be taking photos.

3 Likes

Okay, todayā€™s event was plain funny.

So thereā€™s a power outage in this part of town, probably renewing something, anywho it affects my home till like 4pm as well as places like the local store.

I decided to get some food and eat in the meantime I canā€™t game (no recharging my laptop).

Went in the store, remarked that only a couple emergency lights were on, grabbed what I needed, prepared to pay by card andā€¦

ā€¦card payment was out of order as well.

I literally froze in place because I donā€™t carry too much cash. I had about 5-6ā‚¬ worth of money with me, so had to bring back 2 items of my already small list :rofl::rofl::rofl:

All I could get was some scones, a cider and a pack of tissues. :smiling_face_with_tear:

That kinda reminds me that if by chance, we lost access to power, water, gas and the like, 90% of the western world would probably die in days. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

except italy. in large part of italy electronic payments are considered the devil .

1 Like

Iā€™m not even going to askā€¦ I hope no animals were physically or emotionally hurt

4 Likes

Power cuts are a minor inconvenience, Iā€™m too used to them having lived in Florida. You start to wonder about when is the power coming back after day 7 of having to live with three 6500 watt generators keeping you cool and fed.

Nah people would adapt surprisingly quickly.

Dont forget the older generations who still live today didnt need todays tech to live day by day.

4 Likes

We have this.

1 Like

1 Like

5 Likes

Today is Thursday, tomorrow is Friday and Sunday its Motherā€™s Day. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My mother died this year.
I canā€™t say I am happy about that either.

6 Likes

Sorry hear that, I love all mothers and send motherā€™s day wishes for all the mothers in the world equally. :dracthyr_heart:

5 Likes

Thats true, modern people would have to adapt. That said its strange the amount of basic survival skills like making fire people of modern times struggle with, I were in lapland on hike watching group of people trying get fire going from full unchopped log on the campfire spot and the guy just holding a lighter next to the log like the huge piece of lumber would set on fire from that, they had travelled all this distance into the wilderness literally middle of nowhere in laplands and they lack this basic skill as making a fire just seemed kinda peculiar to me but they will probably learn through the trip, I can understand if they only exist in towns and never go out camping or such. :smiley:

3 Likes

Mothering Sunday here was early March. My daughters kindly met me in London for a wander and a cream tea. Sadly it bucketed with rain so we arrived at a very posh hotel literally dripping ā€¦ but the tea was good :joy:

4 Likes