šŸŽ­ GD Chat Room (Part 1)

yea doesnt sound too bad :smiley:

Plenty of time to catch up on stuff. :stuck_out_tongue:

But it does kinda drag on forever if nothing else.

like nuclear plant or oil refinery or electric/water distribution control room work, they are like homer simpson :smiley:

night shifts on standby are longest

my work has a ratherā€¦ ā€œcasualā€ā€¦ attitude to things like that.

So you worked 15 hours? Coolā€¦ coolā€¦ Overtime you say? hahahaā€¦

ā€œSo you worked 15 hours and wanted a breakā€¦ But you worked a double shift. of 7.5 hoursā€¦ So youā€™re entitled to two 15 minute breaks. oh whats that, you need to drive through your break to barely keep schedule?.. hahahaā€¦ā€

ā€œSo you had to manually lift 8 heavy crates full of bottled water (why!!!) and carry them into a pedestrianized zone and then to a flat entrance and carry them up 3 flights of stairs? And you want a sack barrow to help you outā€¦ hahahahaā€¦ you already have two!ā€

2 sack barrows shared between 6 vehiclesā€¦
Have actually been told by management when requested some new sack barrows ā€œNo youā€™re not getting them we canā€™t afford itā€

ā€œSo you also had to train a new driver and wanted a bonus for training? hahahaha!!!ā€

I make 10.72 an hour regardless of how much I go over my contracted hours and how long I work in a day

ā€œSo you wanted Wednesday off so you could take your mum to hospitalā€¦ I guess we could do that. Could you come in Tuesday and Thursday? That would be awesomeā€

Home delivery. remember this next time you yell at the delivery driver because he was late the van is late, the driver is not or you didnā€™t get that expensive bottle of wine you ordered.

2 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

Evil Halloween trick time - coat the sprouts in chocolate and put them in an empty Ferrero Rocher wrapperā€¦

Oooh, didnā€™t realise the Pilgrimā€™s Bounty rep buff with WoWā€™s anniversary rep buff stacked, got 3225 rep off a 2500 Dream Wardens Token :slight_smile:

Eeeeeeyukā€¦ :face_vomiting:

That is beyond evil.

1 Like

I hated brussel sprouts as a child but as an adult I learnt how to cook them properly. The best way is to shred them and roast them with garlic and such. Mm yummy yummy. However, they donā€™t like me, so alas.

Reminds me of broad beans. Disgusting vile grey hard thingsā€¦ well ofc because at school they didnā€™t deshell them :skull_and_crossbones:

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever tried those, theyā€™re not really widespread around here. We have stuff like cauliflower, broccoli and celery but we donā€™t really see brussels sprouts in stores.

Roasted Brussels Sprouts and bacon.

Thank me later.

2 Likes

Going back on a keto diet after a health ā€œscareā€ (I was unsurprised) I am still at risk so meat and many veg for me! It is a shame I canā€™t have the brussel sprouts and bacon :frowning: Maybe leeks. Tbh I love vegetables and donā€™t eat enough of them.

Oh itā€™s divineā€¦ Fry the bacon without any oil or lard or anything, just the ā€œnatural juicesā€ and once iotā€™s cooked, cut up and put to one side. Half the sprouts, par boil and put into ā€œbacon juiceā€, stick it into a baking tray, slam it into a preheated oven and roast until the top layer of sprouts start to blackien, (tbh theyā€™re the best) and serve. Fantastic side dish for any meal such as chicken, turkey, gammon.

And amazingly, you wonā€™t get Brussels Gas.

trust meā€¦ I eat a lot of brussels.

You absolute heretic - how dare you (apologies to Thunberg for pinching her lines) taint the holiest of pork products with a vegetable that can only be described as being invented by someone more twisted than Satan himselfā€¦

3 Likes

Please, my back isnā€™t that crooked yetā€¦ watch your tone with me, boy.

Lest you find yourself bathing in flames.

2 Likes

Iā€™m probably old enough to be your father lol

Does that include the bath rub (like they give in old peoples homes) by Tyrande Whisperwind?? Iā€™m in if thats the caseā€¦

grabs rolling pin

Really? Youā€™re forgetting my kind is immor(t)alā€¦

Youā€™d wish it was a bath rub, rather than a rolled-up towel.

Good thing Iā€™m keeping a very special one for cheeky hoomans in my basement. So many men are just begging to be whipped back into lineā€¦

3 Likes

Some men like that stuff - usually politiciansā€¦

1 Like