🎭 GD Chat Room (Part 2)

That does not sound appetising and yes it very much depends.

I’ve given up on getting anything from McD here on food apps cos they are always so useless at bringing it before it goes cold.

Yea I imagine it depends entirely on the place. They just dont care here but I cant blame them knowing their salaries, my sister used to work in one while studying. They get like 3-4 hours for day max and month salary barely covers any normal rent so its not really even a job that pays the bills, I dont understand whats the point even go work if one has to still apply for all the rent reliefs and welfare/student benefits or whatever. A job should pay enough to support one without having to go ask help for rent or other bills and the like or there is no point doing the job imo. Its strange considering the prices on those meals that they cant afford employ these students for longer than 3-4 hours shifts or give nonstudents steady jobs that support them fully, it angers me how little the employees get when the business clearly is massive franchise and thriving.

1 Like

This pizza is lacking pinneapple :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Five guys is hideously over rated, had it here and in the states. Best burger I had in the states was from Whataburger and a place called Steak N Shake did awesome spicy chicken. But I hate McD’s. Bland, over priced and ive been served quicker at a sit down restaurant. And its filled with kids who when you say to them “No mayo” they blink slowly and I can see them trying to work out “so does he want mayo? Or not. Oh its so hard”.

A few times I’ve had to say “yes pal. No mayo means you tell the prep not to put mayo on it.”

In my head im saying " If you found that taxing Im tempted to ask “and do you have your underwear on the right way round.”"

1 Like

I agree with Souldefiler on this fully, the place in our town is exactly this! Its so terrible I get tilted even thinking of going sit on the line for 20min and get these meals that have waited under heat lamp for 3 hours and then pay up 9 euros for it. I could just go store and get 2 slices of bread and put some micro heated “burger beef” between the slices and add ketchup and it would be fresh and have more taste. :exploding_head:

1 Like

But I am definitely travelling to Aberdeen for Popeyes, I miss their spicy chicken too. Just wondering if they do dirty rice.

Aren’t you people too old to eat at fast food places? Watch your diet.

It stops being “fast food” when I have to wait 20min for it in my car. Thats not how drive through is suppose to operate, they need improvement on it. Fast food is good when its fast and nothing great but decent like something one assumes to get with pocket money that is sold to ones car from window that we drive by. It becomes something else when it takes half hour to wait and costs more than the price of lunch buffet meal, they have lost the original meaning and purpose of fast food and affordable cheap meals that one literally picks up from the window of a building.

1 Like

And on the next episode of “World Of Foodcraft”

4 Likes

Reminds me i should feed the kids soon…

2 Likes

Give them some cheese xD no mayo

1 Like

Gonna wander off to some lake and eat 1 euro cup meal with sausages, its 28C sunny day.

2 Likes

In most cases I order food via app and just go to pick up zone so I don’t have to wait. I don’t really eat at fast food establishments tho

They dont eat mayo so no worries :laughing:

2 Likes

I prefer the Italian style pizzas

Those deep pan things seem to end up so greasy.

2 Likes

I am going back to keto and having clean food for a while, lower fat than usual. I have eaten too much rubbish and can feel it! Gimme chicken salaaaads.

Post salaaads!!!

I’m not sure you’d like the kind of salads I eat

1 Like

When I was sentenced to go to Paris’ business district, five guys was giving me some warth (Given this was during winter) since I hate this forsaken place. Prices are high enough so students aren’t going in there !

I agree, it’s quite overpriced. But this was worth for my peace !

I didn’t think they were all that. Tried them once.

I couldn’t even tell you where the one in Dundee is. I think its on the Overgate. Theres a TGI Friday in Dundee too, we tried it when it opened…

We haven’t been back lol.