🎭 GD Chat Room (Part 2)

What are they on strike for. I thought commercial route pilots have it pretty good if compared to other transportation jobs in world. I would be happy for 10k month driving bus on sky on autopilot. :smiley:

1 Like

Essentially they’ve not had a raise since 2018, so are looking for a 23.5% increase in original request. In all likelihood will be around 16%.

Finnairs pilots get 12k and long distance flight captains 20k month average with benefits but they still went on strike even here start of this year. :joy:

1 Like

Happy Caturday

Truckers don’t hold the responsibility of hundreds of lives. Well paying jobs to attract talent, and hotel stays make for well rested crew.

Post covid they’re essentially getting paid less while cost of living and inflation has gone up… all the while Aer Lingus made €225m in profits last year.

Let off 2 hours early \●/

1 Like

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Finnair-Airline-Pilot-Finland-EJI_IE10382.0,7_KO8,21_IL.22,29_IN79.htm?filter.payPeriod=MONTHLY

The estimated total pay range for a Airline Pilot at Finnair is €36K–€50K per year, which includes base salary and additional pay. The average Airline Pilot base salary at Finnair is €43K per year. The average additional pay is €0 per year, which could include cash bonus, stock, commission, profit sharing or tips.

The starting salary for each pilot is determined based on the collective agreement in force at the time. Currently, it is around 4,500 euros per month, including flight allowance.

Still not bad really.

I wanted to become a pilot, unfortunately I’m blind in one eye which automatically disqualifies me. :frowning:

3 Likes
1 Like

While of course it’s not the same thing, have you tried army flight simulators? They’re really fun even if not the real thing! (I mean the ones with the real cockpit inside a digital dome)

Been in the one the pilots train in. Had no problems “flying”… just it’s a requirement unfortunately. Sucks because licensed pilots that lose sight in one eye during their career can still fly if it doesn’t pose a problem. :face_exhaling:

4 Likes

It’s a real shame :\ I know there are quite a few physical restrictions for that, I don’t know if I would qualify myself

Id be the worst pilot ever. Id spend hours circling Bristol just so I could see Neffy walking down the street then bomb her with blue ice.

“Are we landing yet? The passengers are getting restless”

“Not yet.”

“But…”

“I SAID NOT YET!! THERE SHE IS!!”

Airliner plunges into dive screaming like a Stuka

3 Likes

What is this?
:butterfly:

Answer: —> Butterfly

What is this?
:skull_and_crossbones: :butterfly: :skull_and_crossbones:

Answer: —> A dead Butterfly

What is this?
:sauropod:

Answer: —> Sauropod

What is this?
:skull_and_crossbones::sauropod: :skull_and_crossbones:

Answer: —> A dead Sauropod

What is this?
:beetle:

Answer: —> Beetle

What is this?
:skull_and_crossbones::beetle: :skull_and_crossbones:

Answer: —> John Lennon

3 Likes

let me tank

That got dark

2 Likes

Good morning general chat!

4 Likes

You got me with that one!

1 Like

Oh jesus… food mornin!

4 Likes

Having a recharge day. Just me, levelling in WoW mindlessly with my music blasting and in my hoodie and blankie.
Back to a reasonable temperature outside which means I’m cold in the house but honestly, I like being wrapped up :laughing:

1 Like