šŸŽ­ GD Chat Room (Part 2)

That looks delicious!

Too independent and do what they want, heard someone compare theirs to child first but then correct that well too independent to called that so more like distant relative like aunt who lives with me. :smirk_cat:

1 Like

Promise kept.

Mighty hunter returns with a new gift.

Thomas Piketty was quote for factual correctness in the LSE artical.

When your cat brings home a surprise friend :rofl:

Yes the rely was so I could post a second cat video.

i have to admit i had to google Thomas Pinketty.

1 Like

Piketty not Pinketty but I have no clue who he is either but I guess he dont know me either so were even. :smiley:

1 Like

You will get a lot of very boring economics stuff. If not interested everyone understands, just stay away from the subject. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Piketty https://www.lse.ac.uk/research/research-for-the-world/economics/tax-cuts-for-the-wealthy-only-benefit-the-rich-debunking-trickle-down-economics

When kittyos are being sneakyo with the new lyric video

Kitten sneaking up on fennec fox

Huge real frog

Beverly hills cop 4 dont look right, they all look too old now :smiley:

He also wrote that :

ā€œWhen taxing inheritance or income around from 70 to 80%, itā€™s pretty obvious the aim is not to increase revenueā€

So whatā€™s the point then ? If a tax doesnā€™t have the aim to increase state revenue, then why enact that ? If the people he sought to ā€œdefendā€ are actually relying on inheriting to own their own house, then they wouldnā€™t be. Even now, many families have to sell these houses, due to them not being able to pay for the succession fees (A whoping 30%)

I still donā€™t like these ā€œeconomistsā€ that are lurking after the 7th to 9th percentile, or after my grandmaā€™s savings. Iā€™m just tired of working to feed this guy, period.

The song for reality were too on point, exactly what this would sound like on friday night karaoke :joy:
https://youtube.com/shorts/kQua7IroSB0?si=E-Pc8hRkvDh2a9PX

1 Like

They call that a straw man arguement. You also cherry picked a quote, also called quote mining. We get you dont like Thomas Piketty but he shows up in articles because of what people believe he got right.

They never really care in universities about the personal statements, quotes or politics. Only that a theory predicts an outcome and explains it.

Like sir isaac newton. Look at his personal life, ā€œpronounced psychotic tendenciesā€ is talked about and wanting to burn a house down. Then the ragesā€¦ These things wont change a scientists view of his theory of gravity.

All they care about is one point, if he is correct or not. Scientists use Thomas Piketty as a source for only one reason.

The Biggest Frog that Ever Lived Beelzebufo

The election results have made me happy and have a bit of hope. Even my town has booted the tories down to 3rd meaning I donā€™t have to tactically vote next time.

1 Like

Iā€™m on my second coffee today, the moka pot worked hard :joy:

I weighed myself today expecting to have put loads on from my naughty sugar binge butā€¦ have lost 7lbs :rofl:

More good news, woohoo!!! :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

3 Likes

I find I sway between eating a lot and then not much. Maybe anxiety plays a part in the eating a lot phase.

1 Like

I definitely comfort eat. I was on keto quite happy then got ill and just went screw it, had soup and icecreamā€¦ then the thought of keto made me feel sick. Now I have had my fill and I just want clean food like chicken salads.

1 Like

today is friday! pizza time with my mom!

5 Likes

Iā€™ve just had a lovely hazelnut flat white which is a great improvement on yesterday when I put one down on my desk and promptly knocked it over all over my work papers. They arenā€™t soggy any more but some of them are a shade of brown and arenā€™t really legible. Sigh ā€¦

2 Likes

Late start today, stayed up to watch our Election results last night.

Did mean I got one last failed attempt at the saddle before going to sleep. :rofl:

Is that a euphemism? :joy: