🎭 GD Chat Room (Part 2)

One concern i have is as ive been out of playing a fair while, i got disconnected from the related media feeds as if i was a new player or someone who just doesnt know about wow.

In that sense i see absolutely zero advertisement relating to the latest expansion because of this.

This concerns me as it feels they are mainly focused on keeping the existing players rather than making new ones.

In which case making me wonder perhaps the mmorpg as a genre isnt growing anymore.

I think the problem is that they’ve tried various ways of introducing new players to WoW over the years, but now there is so much back-story plus old content which needs to be done before doing current content (if they want to follow the story arc) that it puts new people off and they feel lost.
Thus they need to keep the existing players rather than trying to find new players who probably won’t stay … which I find fairly depressing.

I used to see at least a tv commercial, at least up till the point of BFA.

But now it is nothing, if i didnt know about wow i wouldnt know basically.

Where as ff14’s latest expansion was all over my ps5 recommended and its store.

1 Like

Looking back to the release of tbc.

Those golden days.

You had famous people doing commercial s, every local game selling shop had posters in the windows, people were literally talking about the game on the street, just simply word of mouth was spreading like wildfire, the main news outlets were doing pieces on the game and its popularity.

Now look at current times and TWW.

I think my concern is valid.

Feels as if they are simply giving up.

Very few games advertise on tv these days.

I see most promote on social media, that’s where more of the audience is now. They don’t watch live tv.

I don’t think this excludes new players though.

Oh some of those were pretty funny, i remember shatner and mr. t for one :joy:

3 Likes

Get Your Own Dragon: Pedro Pascal, David Harbour, and Lana Condor | World of Warcraft: Dragonflight (youtube.com)

For DF :smiley:

2 Likes

Its caturday

Pray for the Plane

Hello, a corn star Martini please !

2 Likes

Never seen those adverts before.

Couldnt of aired for too long.

As for social media i guess it is the sad reality that the world is unfortunately dominated by it now.

Guess im just one of the oddities which doesnt use it.

Bit early for a cocktail innit? xD
Did look exceptionally good though… Make that two!

1 Like

Good morning! I want to go on holiday… :melting_face:

2 Likes

I just want to be in a bubble right now. :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

2 Likes

It’s never too early for a cocktail !

3 Likes

3 Likes

That’s the spirit!
Who needs social norms when you can have a Manhattan at 8am.

Rather have a hot chocolate tbh.

2 Likes

Lets meet in the middle with a spiked hot chocolate ^^

Put Baileys in it at least, not boring vodka.

Literally x)

4 Likes