🎭 GD Chat Room (Part 2)

When to get a bruise checked out https://starkvilleurgentcareclinic.com/how-do-you-know-when-a-bruise-is-serious/

Bruises are typically surface injuries that heal on their own without medical attention, and people can treat them safely at home. However, if you suffer a more significant trauma or injury and have bruising that does not heal and disappear after 2 weeks, then it’s time to get medical attention.

See your doctor or visit State Urgent Care right away if you notice any of the following symptoms:

• Abnormal bleeding in the gums, frequent nose bleeds or blood in the urine or stool

• Frequent very large, very painful bruises

• Numbness or weakness anywhere in the injured limb

• Swelling around the bruised skin

• Loss of function in the affected area (joint, limb or muscle)

• Increased size or density

• Lump under the bruise

• Pain that lasts longer than 2-3 days

• Persistent bruising for more than 2 weeks

• Potential broken bone

• Trauma in the head or neck  **<----- you are here**

• Vision impairment

• Unexplained or random bruising, especially in the abdomen, head, or trunk, as this may signal a problem with an internal organ

When to seek urgent care for a bruise:

• Bruise swells
  • Bruise does not fade within a week.
  • Bruise occurs easily or for no apparent reason

I have a broken wrist. The bruise and swelling was very quick. Also there was a pain that wouldnt go away when moving the hand or thumb. I couldnt move my wrist much. Pins and needles feeling in the hand and fingers. If any of this applies to your neck then I would go to A&E.

2 Likes

The bruise did appear like a week after the injury, no numbness or pins and needles though.

Just severe weakness in my left arm.

Pulling down on a rope with weight attached for example one handed.

With my right arm i can do 50 kilos comfortably but left arm i can barely do 10 kilos.

Brsides that constant pain in the forearm, wrist, left shoulder blade, left trap, and neck.

1 Like

You 100% need to get checked out by a doctor. In the UK the GP can be called for advice. He will tell you if you need to go to say minors or A&E at the hosipal. Or he will book an appointment to see you.

Hopefully its nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Its just my luck unfortunately.

Happens everytime i get into a good place, something always happens to stop it.

Just extremely unlucky like that.

1 Like

I injured both hands. Fun times playing world of warcraft which two bad hands. One in a cast.

1 Like

Twiggz. I know we have had our differences and don’t see eye to eye on a lot of things.

But dude.

Get yourself to a hospital and get that looked at soon as you can.

6 Likes

Since we’re all Twiluna, yes.

1 Like

Twiggy, I didn’t intend on saying this outside of my friend group but I need you to understand something. I found out I have cancer officially today(I knew for a while, just needed confirmation; if you think you’re immune because of your age, I’m in my early 20s. Things can happen to anyone, no matter how strong or young you are). If there’s anything out of order, if there’s anything you feel that you shouldn’t, off to the doc with you. I swear. You can recover from things if you find them early. My cousin had 30 operations and I might get away with a way lighter thing because I checked things earlier. I’m not saying it’s nearly as severe, but the smallest thing that seems insignificant may save your life if checked early.

Please look after yourself. Whoever reads it, not just Twiggy

11 Likes

No :pleading_face:
That’s bull.
:people_hugging:
Not allowed.

1 Like

I’m not saying it for any other reason than to just ask him to seek help. I’ll live but I’m gonna pester people who’ll ignore their health. I’ve seen that enough

8 Likes

Damn straight you will.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I sure hope your local health service is better than mine - we cant get appointments after 8.10am (we have to book them online, and the app shuts at 8.10am). You maybe a controversial figure on here, but i aint got no beef with ya - get it checked ASAP, fella.

@Alysea - That can hit anyone at any age, glad they caught it in time for you. Al the best for your treatment and subsequent recovery, me dear…

3 Likes

I wish you the best possible outcome for that.

Ive seen that battle, not me personally but someone whom i loved dearly.

I just wanted to take a moment to apologise that my personal health kind of overthrew this thread tonight, it was not my intention for that to happen.

But rest assured i will seek appropriate help where needed.

Thank you all for the advice.

3 Likes

A big hug alysea.

And twiggz. Yes. Go immediately to hospital and seek help. Dont underestimate ever health problems. Ive seen too many things imlife to ignore health. Go. Please.

2 Likes

So did mine. I don’t care. I don’t want to see you neglect yourself

5 Likes

Man reading these last posts gave me the shivers. I just remembered I don’t get my blood exams since too many years. I don’t even remember the last time I had. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Thank you, Twiggz. Please do.

I echo everything Alýsea said … and huge sympathies and hugs to you too. I hope your treatment isn’t too bad. I had a similar diagnosis about 18 months ago. No need for treatment yet but regular ‘watch and wait’/active monitoring appointments.

And, as Alýsea also said, ‘As the smallest thing that seems insignificant may save your life if checked early.’
This is really a message to everyone. If something doesn’t feel right, see your doctor. If there’s the least chance it’s something serious you’ll be fast-tracked (or fast-tracked at a slow walking speed if you’re in the UK).

And @Twiggz if your neck is painful and it’s spread down your arm … and there’s the remotest chance you could have broken something GO TO A&E.

6 Likes

Watch one walkthrough of Kioto while waiting shuffle and next have yt suggestions full of all these stunning places in world in great detail varying from 30-60min videos, Switzerland is winning for the moment. The alp towns look magical.

1 Like

I used to watch people filming themselves walking around different places in the world.

Was a good way to get insight on different cultures and just overall very facinating.

This was a fav of mine.

1 Like