🎭 GD Chat Room (Part 2)

Oh that will definitely help!

1 Like

Nerve dmg from a gym accident.

Basically dropped 170kilos on my neck.

Edit: im okay though.

Just constant pain from neck down my entire left arm.

Also lost about half the strength in my left arm.

Oof that sounds nasty!! I hope the physio and stuff helps!

1 Like

On average, damaged nerves can grow back at a rate of about 1 inch per month or 1 millimeter per day. Surgery is needed if there is significant scar tissue or a gap between cut nerve ends.

Damn, they be regeneratin’ like troll racial since 2005. I tought it was some millimeters per year but inch per month is significantly faster. :dracthyr_a1:

2 Likes

Yeah been about 6 weeks now can take up to 12 to heal by itself…

Anything more and its considered serious.

Edit: it could also be a herniated disc in my neck aswell.

Or a actual fracture.

1 Like

Surely they could rule that out with an xray?

All sounds very terrible :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah will find out wednesday.

I may pop into the a&e though while im in town just to get it checked.

Edit: im pretty stuborn like that heh.

Unless im completely incompacitated i will just continue life as normal

My work basically forced me to seek advice on it.

They claim im lucky to be walking lol.

Bit dramatic if you ask me

1 Like

So… you’re a dog :dog:
They just carry on.

You probably are lucky tbh, having any huge amount of weight dropped on your neck of all places, probably could have killed you.

1 Like

Depends on position, it could of been a lot worse.

But it was a failed squat.

So i was basically pinned to the floor my only option was deload the weight, and i stupidly opted for forwards rather than backwards, so as the barbell came off it hit the back of my neck pushing my head sharply downwards.

Oddly i was fine for a week afterwards then suddenly a massive bruise appeard on the area.

Hmm shouldn’t there be people watching you for that sort of stuff? :grimacing:

1 Like

Usually ask for a spotter if u’re lifting more then you usually do at least. Or at least i did back when i was lifting weights :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Lesson learned now.

The gym workstaff cant lift that weight themselves so they cant help that much.

I do need a gym partner on heavier lifts going forward if and when i fully recover.

But im a pretty solitary person, i just do my own thing dont bother anyone.

So i have no go to for that lol.

I consider myself lucky i can still lift a good enough weight to be able to keep myself fit while i recover.

There is one guy there who lifts simular weight to i do, i may try getting more friendly with him going forward as a potential spotter.

2 Likes

I actually were asked to spot squat once in gym where were only me and this another guy, for second I went through the scenarios in my head how am I going to spot a squat for him when there is no another spotter to stand on other end of the barbell and the only possible variation to spot safely his pr is something that I decided Im not comfortable to do so I politely refused to his surprise. If interested google how to spot squat as one person and will see why all will not be willing to spot squat for stranger solo :joy:

1 Like

Just made it for test, boiled two eggs and put blob of butter on bowl and broke the hardened eggs and mixed it all together with just a fork and it became this butter with bits of eggs that could now be spread over bread. Kinda like making mashed potatoes but just need fork and few boiled eggs and butter. Used on dark rye bread for breakfast is common in Finland and Estonia. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm. Is it like egg salad?

That sounds really good. Do you hard boil the eggs (so the yolk is hard) or soft boil (so the yolk is runny)?

1 Like

I would definitely pop into a&e. If there’s the remotest possibility of a fracture in the neck it should be x-rayed straight away.

1 Like

Is emperor palpatine a shadow priest?