šŸŽ­ GD Chat Room (Part 2)

Oh Iā€™m so sorry. Two beautiful cats gone now :worried:
Fluff and loves for you too :heart:

2 Likes

im sure Briggy, Smudge and Soulcat is having some fun, im sorry Souly <3

3 Likes

Yeah so probably a good thing I was silenced for a few days, I probably would have landed a long term silence reading the beta whine thread, I have a low tolerance of idiots as it is lol

5 Likes

You wonā€™t like me then :grimacing:

2 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry Soul! I lost my kitty too around Easterā€¦ :sob:

They joined Venus and are all together! :face_holding_back_tears: :broken_heart:

6 Likes

Gorgeous kitty, you must miss her.

4 Likes

She was very chatty! We had long conversations together! She always liked to talk especially with me, I miss that! She lived at my parentā€™s but I saw her every dayā€¦

4 Likes

Thats a beautiful wee moggy, that mark on her head is very distinctive.

Mine was the same when I went to live in Florida but when I came back for a two week holiday she was like catglue, would follow me everywhere and would sit on the windowsill watching for me to come back if I went somewhere and soon as she saw the car she would hop down and be sitting at the door.

I was the only human she would let tickle her belly and play ā€œboxingā€ with her whiskers, I think she actually enjoyed it she would come looking for a game. I would ā€œpretendā€ to punch her whiskers while making boxing sounds and she would sit up on her back legs now and again and try to bat my hands.

However.

Anyone else went near her belly.

Or tried to even touch her whiskers.

rrrrrrrrrā€¦iā€¦pā€¦ and ā€œyeah the plasters are in the wee drawer there, I did try and warn youā€¦ā€

4 Likes

Very cute cat :slightly_smiling_face: Birds are having their own general chat here, theyre also chatty. They have alot to say :smiley:

1 Like

Ooooh thatā€™s lovely! Finland must be so nice to explore! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I have a (probably silly) question: do you also have this accent when you speak English? I noticed that all the Finns I heard speaking English (this guy, Nightwish, Wintersun, Ville Valoā€¦) talk with this accent and i absolutely LOVE it. :smiley:

2 Likes

Unfortunately yes, I cant pronounce at all. Many letters pronouncing differ on english compared to ours. I speak on the ā€œrally englishā€ like some said of Finnish rally drivers back in the day. Not long ago I were saying ā€œretributionā€ on comms and ppl made fun of it and laughed at me, Im used to it. I have very thick accent. :smiley:

Should use comms more to get better really, havent been much now that DF put us in shuffle. I used to go in comms for each key in BFA for m+ and in shadowlands for arena.

2 Likes

I really like it! It has something wholesome about it. :smiley: (well I have an Italian accent, I guess we non-native English speakers all are on the same boat after all). :grin:

1 Like

Its easy to keep up with writen when everythings on english everywhere and have to type something on daily basis but unless do something that involves comms then wont speak on english much I guess. We speak on our native daily and read and write english so it makes sense pronouncing would be weakest.

Btw do you remember back in 90-00ā€™s something when starting to play rpgs on pc and had english - x book next to you on table and translated every word and sentence used in the game constant. Google translate is nice. :smiley:

2 Likes

My first introduction to English in games was back in '94 when I had the Windows Entertainment Pack for Windows 3.1 which contained Fuji Golf (I loved that game lol), and for some reason the game itself was in English, I was wondering what words like ā€œfairwayā€ or ā€œyardsā€ were for and basically just clicked randomly until I understood what was going on (I was 9). :rofl:

I used a lot of dictionary when I listened to music, and of course games and internet helped me a lot! I was always one of the best students in English class! :smiley:

And they say games would never amount us nothing, well we learnt bit of English through it didnt we. I remember that dictionare phase too well. :joy:

Nowadays I try to watch serieses without subs or only with english subtitles to try make it more fluent as second language.

2 Likes

uff ive lost totally the will to play. even in remix.

Iā€™m in Remix atm cos the servers went down on beta, no idea if they are back yet

1 Like

Iā€™m still playing remix and wondering if Iā€™ll ever have enough bronze to buy even one mount.

2 Likes

I accepted the fact that I will at most be able to buy one. I canā€™t force myself to level more than one character.

Also, beta is working right now!

And I just discovered that the Earthen starter gear is in my transmog tab (so far it appears just on dwarfy-races), I freakinā€™ LOVE those sets. :grin:

1 Like

Oh ta! I am just wanting to level up a paladin from 1 - 70 through the Dragon Isles to better understand the changes to my talent tree and report any bugs for that. That way I am helpful, have a project and donā€™t spoil any story! :smile: