šŸ‘» [RP Plot] The Spiritual Unrest

Hope you have a great time!

1 Like

=== Swamp of Sorrows ===

The reach of the Unrest had reached this old Swamp region as well. The Red Venturers have answered the call, and marched for aid.

They dwelled deep in the Temple of Atalā€™Hakkar. Much mystery they encountered, wih the news of Atalā€™ai assassins roaming about. In one of the main hall, they sounded drums, and defeated a Herald of Hakkar, who revealed to be an unknown entity rather than Troll, who wished to punish the fallen Atalā€™ai and Hakkari for faliure, feeding on unrest.

Then, they also witnessed and partook in the echo of a Battle which happened long ago during First War. Echoes had awakened, spirits of those who fell that battle in unrest, stuck in eternal fightā€¦ An interference of a Demon was at hand, also dealt with. The battle was finished before more spirits and ghosts would awaken and cause dangerā€¦

And thus, the Swamps had faced a more stable stateā€¦ For now.

11 Likes

Looks very cool + always liked the temple in the Swamp of Sorrows as a RP prop

2 Likes

==Valley of Trials, Burning Blade Coven==

The Farseer Rohkar Wolfeye had went to investigate the incident of Spirit Rock alone, only to be capturedā€¦ So a group of Brave Orcs ventured and investigatedā€¦

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/716343174947405868/729988606646681610/WoWScrnShot_070520_204227.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/716343174947405868/729371772268445746/unknown.png

Only to see that the cave is corrupted and nullified from Elemental magic, and Undead Orcs being there, heralds of Decay. Thinking to be serving ancestors but in fact, otherwise.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/716343174947405868/729380785655775252/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/716343174947405868/729374231707779092/unknown.png

The caves were darkened and corrupted, rituals being made, Undead being in itā€¦ But the fury of the Ancestors lived within the champions of the Horde. The cultists, while some escaped, received a decisive blow. The Farseer was freed, as was the Valley of Trials from Unrestā€¦ For now.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/716343174947405868/729373642844012574/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/716343174947405868/729373871156887612/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/716343174947405868/729381770147004497/unknown.png

Credit of most screenshots goes to Urugar, and the event to Sokronal and Grugs.

Thank you Morsteth my father. Iā€™m always honoured to see you hereā€¦ And looking forward to see what the Gang wil do for this!

As always everyone is more than welcome to share snippets, events reports ad stories of theirs here!

13 Likes

Looks very entising! Wish I was Horde sometimesā€¦

5 Likes

As Zogā€™nal watches both the orcs and dreanei leave Oshuā€™gun, the mystic stays behind, gazing at the spirits, now free, as the voices he previously heard still husher in his mind. ā€œKill themā€¦ The dreanei slaughtered your loved ones, the orcs lied to you, kill them all, death must come.ā€ The shadowmoon orc shrugs the thoughs as he leaves the mountain and gazes at the vast plains of Nagrand, the voices still echoing in his mind as his inner voice would step in. ā€œNoā€¦ It was necessaryā€¦ a brotherā€™s life was at stakeā€¦ It was necessaryā€¦.ā€ But the dark voices only grew more insistant. ā€œWas it? Couldnā€™t you have saved him on your own? Are you that helpless?ā€ The old orc let out a growl and mounted his talbuk, where he rode to remains uncertain.

Hey guys, just dropping a summary of an event I have in mind, regarding a previous one, still working on the details, but it will be in Outland.

3 Likes

==Sorrow Hill, Western Plaguelands==

That hill is often known for the Unrest which may inflict itā€¦ Only for it to become worse with the widespread Unrest. Undead were overrun in Plaguelands as champions of Justice fight them, and days ago, Sorrow Hill was no exception among where they attacked. Utherā€™s Tomb is a beacon of Light among the Plaguelands, and surely darkness wishes to extinguish itā€¦
But that day didnā€™t come. While agony was inflicted upon the poor souls by the Undead and their Ashā€™ari crystals, a stability came as they were driven out of hills, and the Tomb secured.

Courtesy of Lorthentus!

The feedback and interest has been nice so far! Looking forward to more!

4 Likes

A frigid wind blew acros Northrend. Starting in the towering Storm Peaks, it carried the cold of those majestic mountaintops westward. The wind rolled past the border with Icecrown, and made the canvas of the tents at the Argent Tournament Grounds flap violently, making many a Crusader shudder, whether they were resting, maintaining their gear, or standing watch around the perimeter. Though the Lich King had been defeated years prior, this was a land where evil never slept, and where one moment of inadvertence could result in a quick deathā€¦ or worse.
The wind continued itā€™s travel west, past the great gate Alduā€™thar: The Desolation Gate, briefly touching the tattered great banners that showed to whom the mighty structure used to belong. Though once one of three major defenselines of the Lich King, the walls now stood empty, not a single creature to be seen, which leant the place an eery, silent atmosphere, a monument to an unholy cause.
The wind now diverted itā€™s course, blowing towards the south, over a large open plain that was called the Valley of Fallen Heroes. During the War against the Scourge, many brave soldiers of the Alliance and Horde had given their lives trying to secure a tomorrow for Azeroth, yet their souls were never permitted to travel to the afterlife. Instead they were bound to the earth, doomed to walk the frozen landscape untill the end of time, or untill someone freed them. During the war, the valley had been filled with necromancers binding these souls to their will, but with the Scourge defeated, these same spirits were left to roam all on their own. And it was among these lost souls that a lone figure made itā€™s way southā€¦.

Desartin Greymantle shuddered as the wind touched him on itā€™s travel south, making his cloak flutter around him and seem as if it was trying to envelop the paladin fully. Though he had served in Northrend for a long time, it had also been a while since his last visit, and his recent stay in warmer climates made him feel the windā€™s bite with that much more force.
Originally he had come north to celebrate the defeat of the Old God, and he had felt strange suddenly seeing faces that not so long ago probably tried to end each otherā€™s life, yet now got along as if nothing had happened. Desartin himself had felt both relieved at being back at the Tournament Grounds, and strange for seeing the Alliance and Horde get along again so easily, atleast here. When the news of the restless spirits came, he had not hesitated to investigate. Restless spirits were always worth looking into, but Desartin had an ulterior motive.
During the war against the Lich King, he and his master, Destan Silverblade of Quelā€™thalas, traversed this very area, untill they came across a death knight. His master had fought the knight, but had proven unable to defeat him. After he fell, it had been Desartin who had barely managed to drive the unholy knight away by summoning the Light for the first time in his life. After that, he and his masterā€™s body were found by a roaming Horde patrol, who took them back to the Tournament Grounds after recognising their tabards as being of the Argent Crusade. Desartin had become a paladin, and the body of Destan had been entrusted to the flames after receiving itā€™s last rites. He had always thought his masterā€™s soul had travelled onwards, to the Light.
That had turned out to be untrue. Argent patrols had told him that Destanā€™s spirit had remained amidst the other lost souls, calling out for the paladin during brief moments of clarity. And so he found himself making his way south across the frozen wastes of Icecrown, searching for Destan.
As he was continueing south, the more restless the souls seemed to become.
ā€œSomething is definetly wrong here.ā€, the paladin said to himself. ā€œIā€™ve never seen them this restless. Then again, who could stay calm in this placeā€¦ā€
During his travel south, his field of vision had been constantly filled with the sight of another massive, blackmetal wall. Corpā€™rethar: The Horror Gate, last defenseline of the Scourge, and outer wall to an even more infamous fortress: Icecrown Citadel, which rose far above the gate into the clouds. Desartin gulped at the sight, with no one around to notice his caution. Although the Lich King had been defeated years ago, the magic that surrounded Corpā€™rethar was still active, setting the gate in an icy-blue light that gave the gate an even more unearthly countenance, and making Desartin realise even more that he was in a land that belonged tot he dead.
ā€œI had hoped I would never have to see this place again.ā€, the paladin said to himself while looking around between the wandering spirits. They seemed to flicker in and out of sight with a high intensity, something they hadnā€™t done before, and when they were visible they seemed more agitated. When they did notice the living man among them they tried to lash out, only to hold back just before reaching him.

1 Like

ā€œDesartinā€¦.ā€, came a faint voice.
The paladin looked around, drawing his hammer, the holy runes glowing dimly into the night. ā€œShow yourself!ā€, he shouted.
ā€œDesartinā€¦ come to meā€¦. come to meā€¦ā€, the voice said again.
The paladin frowned. Alot could happen in this place, yet he felt this voice was not out to lead him into a trap. Rather, it felt familiar to him, and that could mean only one thing.
He quickly sped south with his weapon in hand, towards the great gate, untill the voice spoke to him again.
ā€œYou have finally comeā€¦. goodā€¦ā€, the voice spoke.
By now Desartin was certain who it was, and responded accordingly. ā€œ Destan, if it is truly you, then show yourself to me.ā€, he spoke.
No sooner had the last word left his mouth, or something began to swirl in front of him. After a while he could make out a silhouette, a blonde-haired elf clad in heavy armor by Thalassian standards, yet with a tabard of the Argent Crusade draped across it. Two piercing blue eyes watched the paladin.
ā€œDesartinā€¦ā€, Destan spoke, ā€œ Desartinā€¦ it is good to see you again, after all this time.ā€
ā€œDestanā€¦ how is it possible youā€™re still here? I thougth you had passed into the Light after Salfalur had taken your life?ā€, the paladin retorted.
ā€œ I chose to stay out of my own volition. To help these lost souls find atleast some comfort, as far as it is within my power.ā€, the spirit spoke. His visage seemed to sigh. ā€œBut that task has turned out to be too great for me alone, and I find that I long for the Lightā€™s embrace,to finally reach paradise. But there is something wrongā€¦ the way is barred, and the only road ahead is ā€¦ darkā€¦ so darkā€¦ and cold.ā€ He gestured to the spirits around him. ā€œThey seem to feel it too. They have grown more frightful than usual, seeming to fear journeying onward like we all should.ā€
ā€œ I seeā€¦ and would you have me do?ā€ , Desartin asked.
ā€œ For these spirits? Nothing. That task is reserved for beings whose powers far exceed yours. No, what I ask of you is to help me reach the Light. I believe it is possible for me to break past the barrier that seems to force us all towards the same destination. But to do it, you need to bring items that belonged to me in life here, items that also have a strong connection to the Light. They should be able to open the way for me once you attempt to sever my ties to this world.ā€
Desartin slowly nodded. ā€œWhat you ask of me is considerableā€¦ I have one item that belongs to you still, your old sword, and that only after great effort.ā€
The elf seemed to smirk. ā€œThe goblins. Yes, I knowā€¦. what an adventure that was.ā€
ā€œDonā€™t remind me. I have the sword, but is that enough?ā€
Destan shook his head. ā€œYou will need more I am afraid. And I know which items. My old tabard, my libram, and my Silver Hand medallion. Yet I know not where they are.ā€
ā€œThat does complicate things.ā€, the paladin said. ā€œBut I will complete this task. It is thanks to your teachings that I survived to come this far. And if it is within my power to release you from the bonds that shackle you to our world, then I will carry out your last request.ā€
ā€œThen I wish you luck and all the aid from the Light on your quest.ā€, the spirit said. ā€œBut beware. I sense that Icecrown is not the only place where the spirits are restless. It is happening across the entire world. All I know for certain is that it is not the doing of the Citadelā€™s current occupant. Be careful on your quest Desartin, untill we meet againā€
Destan then dissappeared, slowly fading away until it seemed like he had never been there at all.
Desartin looked towards the Citadel. He had heard the rumors, and seen things that reinforced said rumors, and Destan had finally confirmed it. Yet if -He- was not involved in thisā€¦ then what was going on? He shook his head. It didnā€™t matter. Not for him atleast. He had a task to complete. He turned around and walked away, the sense of dread and the feeling of being watched slowly fading with each step he took. Yet he knew the relief was only temporary. He would return.

So I realise I went a bit overboard here, so I apologise for the wall of text! But I felt it was fitting as a prelude to a small event chain I am starting that turned out to tie into this rather nicely!

1 Like

After being rescued in Outland, the old seer returns to Orgrimmar, where he briefly reflects on his recent actions while he was under the influence of dark forces and goes to the Valley of Wisdom for guindance.
While there, some of the recent events play out in his mind, then he is greeted by an orc shrouded in darkness before breaking off the vision.

After a brief moment, the old seer is seen leaving Orgrimmar, an air of worry still on his face.

A shout out for those involved in my little event, and a big thank you to Kump for the screenshots, also Utoobu and Watrus for the npcs. https://imgur.com/a/g3m1s5n

1 Like
1 Like

At the base of Thunder Totem a number of Shuā€™halo, both Kalimdor and Highmountain, performed one of their sacred rites.

The waters where the Spiritwalkers reside in Thunder Totem showed the gathered group more than they had expected.

Not quite understanding what they had been shown, the Elder Crone requested all rest for the night and if they wished, seek further counsel in the morning.

https://imgur.com/a/AFtFb0U

2 Likes
1 Like

Sound awesome! Remember, the tauren heritage armour questline was about the spirit realm being in unrest and malevolent spirits actually passing into the living realm to cause havoc. More of this would be fantastic!

2 Likes

Iā€™d love to see more of that too.

Iā€™ve a plan to do something like that for the guild a little bit in the near future (which other spirit minded races might be interested in, Tauren, Orcs, Trolls and others if it fits their story for their character, would be more than welcome to join in with us on).

No where near ready yet, but something I think fits perfectly for the three named races above at the least.

Just working out a way to build it into the current story arc and ensuring we can actually get it all finished off before the pre-patch.

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure youā€™ll do good. Thinking about it, the tauren heritage questline may have been the first real tease of Shadowlands as it implied the spirit realm was in trouble.

1 Like

My Shadowmoon (the one in this very thread, Zognall) might find communing with the spirits a necessity if you will have him anyway, do keep us posted on the event.

1 Like

==Dustwallow Marsh==

Even the darkened Marsh didnā€™t remain untouched from the Unrestā€¦ Few travellers there had encountered some lost souls since the days of Alliance-Horde war, when the forces of Garrosh Hellscream attacked Theramore and bombed it. Souls, lost they were, putted to restā€¦ But only a few. Who knows if more are out there who died that dayā€¦ Horde and Alliance both.

Hi there!

Better late than never, but I decided to write a guild campaign around this theme. Thank you so much for posting an inspirational thread. It feels like a great prelude to the next expansion, yet in an open and flexible way. ^^

1 Like

Hello Ialluen! Itā€™s great to hear Iā€™d love to hear and see the stories, snippets and perhaps related IC reports of your campaign here!