đź‘» [RP Plot] The Spiritual Unrest

The Veil weakens, and the spirits are restless. From the Dark Titan’s blade to Onslaught of the Old one, all led to this… But there’s more, about this unrest. We will do all we can, for them.

-Seer Gor’kamp Axefang

Around Azeroth, and even some mentioned of the same in beyond, the Souls of the fallen are in unrest, reawakened. At some graveyards this may be encountered, and they wish for aid. What happened is unknown, but something is certain: They have to be granted rest.

OOC:

Hello there, it’s Kump again.
There’s a storyline/plot I’ve been following on various Characters of mine IC, as well as seeing many other guilds and individuals seeing to it as well. In a way it can be considered a prelude to Shadowlands death theme. The whole thing is about Souls of the fallen being tormented and in unrest, for various reasons, from beyond the veil or not. It can be anywhere, from a thematic place of ghosts like Lordaeron and Eldre’thalas, to Northrend. It can involve Elemental spirits and alike, feel free to involve anything. It’s not strict.

I wanted to share this here, for anyone who’d like this idea to make stories based on and related to this theme before Shadowlands hits, especially for more spiritual Characters of yours.

I look forward to see what anyone may do. Feel free to post stories, snippets, evemt reports or alike here. Everyone is welcome.

Good luck!

**FAQ:**
  • Is this a campaign or certain event chain?

No it’s not! But events will be held within it’s theme. If anyone wishes to hold events and campaigns, they are more than welcome! Some kind of a sandbox one may say.

• Is this patch note RP?

Not at all. What you may be investigating is the effect, and the source would most likely be vague, else than Azerite and N’zoth stuff which surely could’ve have an effect on this. But then, it’s up to the event DM what they wish to involve in their own event.

• Is it centered around your character?

Also no. I merely putted an IC quote there for more flavour. He’ll be investigating this as well and may guide some others (the guild for example), but isn’t the herald or anything.

52 Likes

The idea sounds amazing, I hope it kicks off well!

2 Likes

Love it! Keep it up man. :smiley:

1 Like

Breaking News: Local Highborne Spirits say “Darkmist Ruins is getting way too busy of late. people come here often to fight even but now its harassment at this point!”

Handily enough we have already had an IC rise in Ghostie presences, so this works perfectly in our story!

Fighting ghosts, saving people and not a Paul Feig to be seen!

1 Like

Cool idea, Kump! :clap:

1 Like

This is giving me some really nice ideas for one of my characters development yes… Thank you for posting it.

1 Like

As expected, I’ll try and involve some others in this storyline. Looking forward to all of it!

And keep your chin up, friend in death.

2 Likes

This is amazing.

We’ve been doing a bit of this in some of the Tribes ceremonies. Only gently mentioning it as seeming confused, angered (so as not to push it), but it’s good other people are doing similar. If it’s ever brought up IC good discussion point (it’s mainly the Elder Crone whose noticed it so far), but anyone interested building on it closer to shadowlands being released, we’d be up for it!

2 Likes

Oooh, this is an interesting initiative Kump. I’m actually interested of it!

:fox_face: :+1:

1 Like

This could give me an escuse to go back to my Shadowmoon seer.

1 Like

I like that many had been going with this theme, and one of the reasons which I decided to make it more formal, widespread and open is infact seeing that many are already doing it!
Looking forward to heard more of your events, feel free to add snippets, reports and stories of related events and alike to the theme!

And thanks everyone for your shown interests!

3 Likes

Last night, a group of Orcs have departed, to bring the body of Seer Axefang to Nagrand, as he has been in a coma since the campaign in Grizzly Hills, where he got gravely injured while covering retreat. The Orcs met some of the Draenei in Shattrath, led by Soulbinder Lazaares, whom owed the Seer her aid.
The group travelled to Oshu’gun, or as the Draenei called it, Genedar. In the presence of the Truth inside Oshu’gun and the Ancestors, the ritual was seen to, mainly by Lazaares and Farseer Rohkar Wolfeye. Malevolent spirits had appeared, and a more specific, foul entity, was keeping the Seer from awakening, related to the unrest.
But thanks to their efforts, the Seer is finally awake, returned to his people, to fight alongside them and guide them, against this darkness.

10 Likes

A splendid idea as always. I had the good fortune of being engaged with this plot some time ago, because of my own character’s quest of similar focus. (Being an Auchenai) It is a perfect oportunity for character development and it sets the stage for the events to come.

1 Like

So now everyone is going to do my job?
FINNALY!
I can take that sweet vacation i deserve!

1 Like

The Grey Curse
Legend has it that long ago, in scorched land of Tanaris, Zul’Farrak suffered a night of reckoning. When the Farraki tribe turned to the worship of the Father of Sleep, they rejoiced as the touch of the God of Death spared their warriors from their grisly fates, leaving smoking blue scars in the place of mortal wounds.
~
Warriors returned to their families after the battles were won. Farraki children welcomed home fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters that bore the mark of Mueh’zala - and in that night of reckoning, all were torn from their beds by the curse that came disguised as a blessing.
~
The smoking scars overtook the bodies of many and some succumbed - history might have argued that they were the lucky ones, had their spirits not been drawn into the Father of Sleep’s hungry mouth. For others, they were entombed, their spirits in limbo, where they were left to hunt the souls of others so that they would be spared Mueh’zala’s maw. Sometimes, that desperation possessed them to rend the spirits from the living, no matter who they were to them in life.
~
When the morning came, Zul’Farrak was silent. Survivors who escaped the revenant souls of the marked emerged from their barricaded homes to the aftermath scenes of slaughter. Ever since, the Farraki have told tales of that night of nightmares, recited the omens connected to the curse and the culling in scrolls, and cautioned to appease Mueh’zala - else his wrath once again should befall them. Such tales were told for so many generations that they had faded into myth, into bedtime stories and narratives of caution…
~
… Until the curse once more resurfaced in the former leader of a Darkspear Warband, entombed by the same scars, and the tales suddenly became more than just tales.

The concept of the Grey Curse or Mueh’zala’s Touch was first kicked off by Rejaka and we’re rolling with it as an omen of greater-than-usual activity in the afterlife. I’m available for contact In Game for further known details on it and the other omens - in the meantime, trolls especially, eyes peeled! Bad voodoo about.

9 Likes

Love the thread Kump, it ties nicely into the small thing I am doing on Desartin!

2 Likes

The towering, regal Zandalari mystic perused his collection of historical artifacts, tomes of powers and scrolls of knowledge. The library of the lavishly furnished Zanchuli chamber housed an immeasured potential in the myriad historic records, magical incantations and relics which Torkazi had selfishly endeavoured to reserve for the sake of his own vanity.

Now, as the ill spectre of Death sat lopsidedly upon The Golden Throne and the twilight of an empire loomed over the gilded capital of trollkind, the very existence of that mound of secrets was rendered all the more shameful.

The Arcanital cared not, and would direct the power stored within his trove in accordance to his will and his will alone. Yet, in spite of that lofty arrogance, the imperious mage now sought a particularly obscure relic for the sake of another’s quest. A shriveled, hazed scroll gifted by the disgusting, leather-skinned scholars of the Sandfury tribe to the entourage of the late Dark Prophet - an artifact which was ancient beyond measure, the very epitomy of a thing lost to time.

No meager Farraki has mastered the secrets of the arcane in the meticulously detailed history of trollkind. What the lesser tribes may forfeit to frequent missteps alongst their long legacies, the Zandalari shall recover, quietly, long after their empires crumble to the sands. Rediscovered through an ritual of reforging letters once washed away, the Arcanital’s findings revealed an ill omen, indeed.

It was not merely a single curse. There were other signs, omens - the veil between worlds thinning, the power of The Father of Sleep propagating itself, through his followers or otherwise; a time of spiritual unrest would herald the coming of something terrible…

Just like in ancient Zul’farrak.

A small snippet in relation to discovering the malign hand of Mueh’zala extending itself beyond the veil of Death.

6 Likes

Thanks everyone for their shown interests! This curse of Mueh’zala plot sounds very cool, and looking forward to see where your story goes Desartin, feel free to post snippets of it here!
Here’s two small snippets by me.

At Feralas by some ruins, due to a certain Artifact going missing, spirits had been brought to unrest in that ruins, many fled. Thankfully not long ago, thanks to efforts of some mercenaries, the Spirits in that area rest once again.

Duskwood, Tranquil Garden Cemetery. Around the chapel, the souls of the dead had awakened, all with various memories. Some First War, some the carnage of Morbent Fel, some the Ferals which once lurked. Reason was a certain Undead cultists who fed on their torment, who seems to be gone now… A hooded, cloaked figure had conducted a ritual to bring those spirits back to rest, and placed a Holy Ankh inside the Chapel, to keep them safe, as much as it can.

‌

And here’s few rumours for those who wish to have potential events based on them. Anyone is welcome to use them and add their own flavour to it!

Firelands, Elemental Plane of Fire.
Rumour has it that foe some unknown reason, the Fire Elementals, especially Flamewalkers, seem to be angered and restless, roaring around, driven to madness. Some of them speak of Vengeance, some others seem to be angered about Waters…

‌

Caer Darrow, Western Plaguelands.
A heated battle had occurred there between holy Warriors of Light and eldritch Warriors of Shadow. Through the clash of two forces, the fallen Spirits of Caer Darrow awakened, feeling the agony and fear which once befell them at Third War…

‌

Ungoro Crater, southern Kalimdor
Some ghosty hunters and adventures can be seen there, tracking and seeking to hunt down giant ghosty beasts, though their hunt doesn’t seem to end. Perhaps if their hunt completes, they’ll achieve the rest then need?

‌
Anyone is welcome to use these. Good luck!

3 Likes

Posted this in the main (or the biggest one) Duskwood discord so people that don’t visit the forums at least see it.

2 Likes

Spirit Rock, Valley of Trials, Durotar
Still unknown how exactly it happened, else than potential cultists being behind it… But the Ancestral Orcish spirits at the Rock were tortured and bound… With death at work. What’s going on? No one knows…
But they acquired the rest they needed and something is certain: those who did it will face terrible vengeance.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/716343174947405868/726835477017264128/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/716343174947405868/726841605494931456/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/716343174947405868/726842303963988008/unknown.png

(Credit of screenshots goes to Urugar)

On a side note: in case anyone thought so, you don’t necessarily have to play a Protagonistic part in this theme/plot, and can be more of a Antagonistic one for it and like torturing the poor spirits or draining etc, as vile as you are… Looking at you, Grim Gang
And through it you may organizer conflict with defenders of spirits as well, should you wish so.

Good luck and happy ghosting. :ghost:

10 Likes