🛑 Share your LFG Boost Spam Screenshots

I got a takedown for simply asking a player if he only payed the subscription to use the forum
 and the person in question even liked the comment. The reason showed on the system message was “Trolling”

So not will suprise me if blizzard take this down too.

I’ve also had some posts taken down where I was merely defending myself but that’s just the way it goes around here. Some peopl are allowed to post more things than the other person I guess.

1 Like

I actually thought about hiding the names. But honestly? No. Those people (let’s be real it’s probably bots) deserve shaming. I just ended up hiding the links as those people shouldn’t be getting any more advertising then they’re already getting from the LFG tool.

If Blizzard seriously rather removes this than the actual ads all hope is lost anyways.

2 Likes

Sorry but my screenshot folder apparently has a limit

6 Likes

That is so sad. Not ingame right now, but it looked similar in the arena section for me this morning. I keep reporting them.

Edit: Wish they spend some time on permabanning them all to be honest. I mean, it’s not hard to log into the game and ban every single booster.

2 Likes

They are not going to go away so they just need to have a boost tab added on LFG and anyone advertising boosts on the normal tab gets a ban, then those degenerates wanting a boost have somewhere to look and the rest of us can have a better experience.

1 Like

To me boosters are more annoying with all their spam in /trade and lfg than goldspammers ever were back in the days. These boosters also have a huge impact on the game, especially pvp. Something has to be done.

3 Likes

I usually never use the LFG tool, but i’ve been looking in it for low keys on this alt, and omg so many wts adds. I reported many but when i refreshed there was just as many new ones!

2 Likes

I know, you feel like Cnut holding back the tide reporting them all. And no, that’s not rude. He was a King.

3 Likes

They have a place to look. Trade chat. The fault lies solely with Blizzard and them not setting someone up to monitor the LFG tool and bann on sight given its already forbidden from advertising in the LFG tool.

1 Like

Well :rofl: if you are looking specific for that ofc it’s clogged up :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s clogged up regardless. That’s the problem. Searching for wts specifically just highlights how many are breaking the rules.

5 Likes

Currently i see 22 WTS adds and 48 actual groups in raid section, it will probably get worse and worse with every tier.

It will probably ease off in 9.1 for a while. At the moment many with KSM think they can make a bit of gold on the side through boosting. When I’m looking for DPS I often get requests from a pair of players, one high rio 220+ item level, the other a scrub.

Curve sells start Week 1 or the latest week 2. Its usually the end of a patch/xpac where the boosts drop because not as many people are interested. Given Valor upgrades are tied to Achivs M+ boosts will open together with season start.

Not necessarily a boost for the sake of boosting for gold. The communities set up a group themselves and the buyer is usually afk at the entrance. You just met a group of 2 where one is experience and wants to make up for his not so experienced buddy to in the end even it out. Also depends on the key level.

1 Like

I said the exact same thing in 8.3 heading into Shadowlands.
“It’s bad right now because boosting is easy”
“People are done trying”
“It’s always bad at the end of the expansion”

I have to admit that my mind set was wrong. People boost 24/7 all the time.
Boosting was bad right from the start of SL. It’s remained consistently terrible.

This isn’t a storm we can simply wait out, it’s not going anywhere until Blizzard takes action, and Blizzard wont take action unless the community really causes a scene about it.

Forgot to do this yesterday:-

Raids

Dungeon

Torghast

Arena

RBG

So any boosting services in exchange for gold are not permitted? Or is this applicable only for the ones that are being promoted in lfg?

Boosts for gold are not against the rules. They are permitted to advertise their boosting services for gold in the trade channel. They are trading their time for your gold essentially.

The group finder is meant for players to find groups with other players. They are not permitted to advertise boosting there but it’s clogged up daily with sell groups.

We can report the listings in group finder that are boost spam but most of us feel like Blizzard is not taking serious enough action against offenders as they aren’t being deterred.

2 Likes

Oh I didn’t even see this post, sorry Puny! I would of posted in here if I had rather than making another pointless topic :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like